Mayfly Ballad

Mayfly Ballad

A Poem by The Archangel Gabriel
"

A new hope has arisen in the galaxy for the Rebellion. The ultra-draconian Emporer shall not stand for much longer against the Jedi and their light side of the force!

"

Mayfly Ballad

 

Her aura glistens like a star

Her cheeks have dimpled lure

Such supple, shapely curves there are

The soul is choice and pure

 

With every tooth so perfectly

Aligned and shining bright

Each kiss a shard of Heaven be

Each word a dance of light

 

My heartache, woes, and strife have passed

Now love and friendship reign

The worst day that we shared surpassed

The unrelenting pain

 

© 2018 The Archangel Gabriel


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

ooooo...she is so Pretty.

This is beautiful in tone...content ...I respect a ballad ( i cant make them work)
and the font is perfect...
I must admit the description threw me oh so way off ?

I am touched by this line...

"The worst day that we shared surpassed
The unrelenting pain"

Gabe she will basically ...swoon ( do we still do that ? )

Blessssssssss

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Robert Frost once said that a poet should only be allowed to say"beautiful" 5 times in his career, but aparrently that does not incude critics lol...maybe they should elaborate on what is so...moving.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Such a beautiful poem and such a pleasure to read!

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is excellent in every way. The flow, the choice of words, the sentiment.......well crafted indeed.....Beautiful poetry Gabe.

Peace,

Bill

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

,,,each kiss a shard of heaven be,,,oh my. how utterly romantic ! lucky lady to have such words penned about her. don't know as i swooned per say, but i certainly was taken back a few centuries to a time of such flowing, sensuous words, oh so sweetly done.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This reminds me of Wordsworth, or Coolridge. When I read this, it flows like The Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner.

Again, great imagery, and the last two lines are awesome. They really convey the immense strength of the emotion in the poem. Well done!

Have a nice day!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Knowing the story behind this poem I think you have done a superb job in describing your loved one Gabe.
Your stanzas emit love and tender affection, also appreciation for one with such a pure and humble heart. I hope she has this in her possession.
Nicely done...
Cheers,
Helen :-)))

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
Ah, very cool words with this lovely lady :) Indeed, very beautiful words for a very lovely beauty :)

Mikey

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ooooooo............ how sweet...... Awww... I swooned lol.... It has a great flow to it and it was so easy to read. I love the whole poem but my favorite part was "The soul is choice and pure" I'm amazed with your writing.... Great job!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Interesting piece, I love the font. The words are beautiful and flow right into each other. There is an innocence about this piece that I adore.
Beautiful write
xoxo

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is very beautiful. I love your rhymes and rhythm. It flows perfectly. NH

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

925 Views
42 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 9, 2008
Last Updated on April 23, 2018

Author

The Archangel Gabriel
The Archangel Gabriel

Heavensgate, TX



About
My Contributions: A Summary Statement THE PAST I am changing around my area substantially. I am going to concentrate on love, flowers, and cute animals for a while for content... EDITOR'S NO.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..