In the Beginning of Greek myth.

In the Beginning of Greek myth.

A Story by Roger Ferguson II
"

the story of Gaia and Uranus

"
In the Beginning of Greek myth.
(The tale of Uranus & Gaia, and the creation of all)

The story of creation, as told in Greek myth begins with chaos giving birth to Gaia, the earth. With no lover the earth mother brought Uranus, the sky, into creation. The earth and sky were fruitful, they gave birth to the Titans, the Cyclopes, and the Hundred-hands. Uranus was pleased with his titan children and showed them favore over the others. The Cyclopes and hundred-hands he imprisoned deep in the earth, back into Gaia’s womb.
A mother by nature loves her children, the earth mother was no different. In her anger of the treatment of her children by Uranus, Gaia forges a razor sharp sickle out of flint. Only the youngest of the Titans answered her call to punish the sky, clever Cronos. The lord of time waited for his father to lie with his mother, and then he ambushed Uranus, cutting off his manhood and tossing it into the sea.
The castrated sky is said to have either died from his wounds, or at least retreated forever from the earth. From the detached sex-organ, the goddess of love was created, Aphrodite. The blood spilt of the sky gave birth to the ash-nymphs of Melos, the giants of Greek mythology- Gigantes, and the Erinyes or Furries .
Cronos, after defeating his father, became the new supreme deity. The Titan lord locked away the Cyclopes and Hundred-hands in Tartarus, the hell of Hades. The god of lightning Zeus would later alie with these creatures against his father  Cronos and the other titans in the battle for control of the universe, this is known as the Titanic battle. That is a story for another time however.

© 2012 Roger Ferguson II


Author's Note

Roger Ferguson II
this is how the myth goes, part of a youtube project i've started to make learning the oldest stories easy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The castrated sky… love it! You haven’t lost your touch old friend. 100 daisies!

Posted 1 Year Ago


Aphrodite was born after Cronos was defeated:
Once Zeus had freed his brothers (Hades, Poseidon) and his sisters (Hestia, Demeter, Hera) from Cronos they all battled the Titans. When the battle was over many Titans were thrown into Tartarus, others were given punishments (Atlas holds the sky on his shoulders for example), and others were killed. Cronos was one of the Titans killed by Zeus and his remains were tossed into the ocean. And Aphrodite was born from the sea foam and his remains.
Other than the Aphrodite portion of this, I wouldn't be surprised if that is how Cronos defeated Uranus because I never knew that part of the story. I've only ever known that he was defeated and that Cronos took his place.


Posted 11 Years Ago


Roger Ferguson II

11 Years Ago

while that too is true, this is also a myth believed and told by the greeks. I have heard both and y.. read more
oh wow he castrated his own father?

Posted 11 Years Ago


s**t i never knew

Posted 11 Years Ago


I've always loved greek mythology. And this is great knowledge.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Mythology was my first love. I found it highly exceptional and remarkably beautiful. It's like a world within our world. This is a great start. Keep it up:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


I'm a big fan of Greek myth.
They were so creative and laid back when it came to their gods.

You've captured their beginning very well.

Posted 11 Years Ago


this was interesting, but greek myths arent my thing

Posted 11 Years Ago


Roger Ferguson II

11 Years Ago

thank you

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

427 Views
8 Reviews
Added on January 10, 2012
Last Updated on August 6, 2012

Author

Roger Ferguson II
Roger Ferguson II

Barberton, OH



About
Name: Roger Wayne Ferguson II I am 19 years old and enlisted in the united states Navy. I love to read and write, though i havent wrote in a while. my hand is itching to create so hopefully i have so.. more..

Writing



Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5