Let the Mystery Be

Let the Mystery Be

A Poem by Tate Morgan
"

It seems we never get enough attention from all our friends We seek to play, everyday in the vain hope it never ends

"


David Moore


   

It seems we never get enough

attention from all our friends

We seek to play, everyday

in the vain hope it never ends

 

As writers we are a vain bunch

never satisfied with ourselves

Making wonders, of life’s blunders

that will then sit upon our shelves

 

From each of the great poets here

we search for that kindly spirit

Seeking such proof, tempered by truth

In hopes we can stand to hear it

 

We all seek the purpose of life

through our friends we each spread our wings

With each letter, we get better

from that comes the joy writing brings


There will be a wonderful bar

for all the friends that we once knew

Where all will gather, tip our hats

for the poet whose heart was true

 

Friends will die and leave us alone

with those things of life we can’t see

Though I know well, he'll never tell

I think I’ll let the mystery be







© 2017 Tate Morgan


Author's Note

Tate Morgan
David Moore the man who selflessly helped me publish my books and renewed my faith in Humanity passed away from cancer today. "You were a truly good soul David" This hurts, bad. I had so hoped for a different outcome for you. May we one day meet on the other side.
Goodnight my friend. .

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review




Reviews

Amen! You strummed the right chord.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tate, I am sorry to read about your loss. This is something that one never quite gets used to. It is always a shock, be it the first time, or multiple times someone we are close to is lost to us.

It is a beautiful write full of honest heartbreak and pain.
Thank you for sharing it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


To me pain is no stranger. I can't take your pain, but I can share it.
There is a dreadful gnawing that divides our sense of self; between then and now.
Unable to keep from going back to the familiar feeling of togetherness.
Uncertain of how to dress the wound.
Inconceivable how heavy we feel when we are emptied of another's presence.


Posted 11 Years Ago


Wonderfully written. There is a sadness in this that speaks of loss and the shock of losing someone who was important in your life. Life can be harsh and there are so many things that are not in our control, that's one of the hardest things to deal with.

Posted 11 Years Ago


So well said Tate...and each part of this poem is a revelation of truth for me. Thank you for sharing. I know its a struggle dealing with grief...A close friend of mine was murdered. It does ease with time and you may be able to reflect back on what "gifts" your friend gave you and less on what was taken away.

Posted 11 Years Ago


saying goodbye to a cherished friend is a process. first there has to be acceptance of the fact that they are truly gone. then we must figure out how to grieve. then we must learn to celebrate their lives, not dwell upon their passing. what role do we play in the death of a loved one? none. it matters not to them, for they are gone. we learn as time goes on, and as we get older and lose more and more friends that we are not immortal, we are all only a short teardrop in the scheme of things, or a resonant, eternal smile on the faces of those whom we loved. awesome write here , Tate. trust me, your friend knows your feelings. for none of us are ever truly gone.....it is all a state of mind.

Posted 11 Years Ago


You speak the truth in a beautifully woven tapestry of color and emotion. We must live each day as though tomorrow may never be, and that is a tough thing to do. We often take for granted the fact that our friends will always be there, but that is not always the case. I have been touched by this type of loss, and it is a painful thing to spring back from. Great write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Sudden death of a friend is one hell of a heartbreak. There's nothing quite like it. That's for Goddamn sure. Beautiful poem Tate

Posted 11 Years Ago


Mr. Tate...this is an amazing poem, written with exquisite poignancy and profoundness.
Wonderful meter and piercing imagery of loss when one loses a dear friend, through fate or their choice (or your choice.) This is also very releatable, making this poem more endearing. I'm truly sorry for your loss over your friend, Mr. Tate.
Thank you for sharing! 100 to 100 :)

Posted 11 Years Ago



8
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3351 Views
79 Reviews
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on March 15, 2013
Last Updated on October 28, 2017
Tags: poetry

Author

Tate Morgan
Tate Morgan

Marion , OH



About
Available from Amazon XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX I am a product of the Midwest. Raised on the plain states of North America. I was nurtured on a .. more..

Writing
Pain Pain

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Memories Memories

A Poem by Tate Morgan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Dreams Dreams

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Choke me Choke me

A Poem by Muse