Love's Refrain

Love's Refrain

A Poem by Tate Morgan
"

The wind plays loves refrain.

"

first wife marsha and tate

First wife Marsha and mother to Tate 

Love entered in my heart one day

a sorrowed, war-torn, guest

When she asked to be let in

I had her sit and rest



She woke my sleep with anguish

shook my hopes with tears

When my heart felt to sing

she filled its joy with fears



As now she has gone away

I miss the old sweet pain

Sometimes when night whistles in

the wind plays loves refrain

 




© 2018 Tate Morgan


Author's Note

Tate Morgan
Some people just aren't meant to be together. Yet try to tell them that and both will join in chorus to rail against your attempt. Yet when they are apart they cannot seem to function without each other. Such is the mystery of love. I am old enough to remember the life,times and sufferings of Tammy Wynette and her ill-fated marriage to George Jones. In a 20/20 interview with George I remember how he still choked on her name and held his love for her long after she was gone. I imagine for him that is a tragedy with great remorse and sorrow.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"He stopped loving her today", that's what this brings to mind for me, one of the saddest country songs ever sung, and I think he sang it with her in mind. It's funny how sometimes we most want and crave that which is worst for us and our state of mental health. That which causes us to feel the most, be it good or bad, is often most memorable in our lives and hearts.

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

LA Lorena

11 Years Ago

Thanks Tate.
Tate Morgan

11 Years Ago

The honor is all mine
Laura Lynn

8 Years Ago

this is beautiful, I've never been able to make it on my own, but her song brings hope but also the .. read more



Reviews

Well written. "I miss the old sweet pain." How true it is. Love's pain is real, but it is so sweet when you finally find it and are able to hold on and enjoy the ride.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Oh wow this is amazing!! I really like this!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Beautiful. Love the emotion that has been through so much that it has became a rather pitiful sight to behold. Love brings a lot of excess baggage with it. Even though it may bitterly hurt us, we miss it and continue to seek it out. This has a great flow and a musical quality.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Definately relationships can mess you up! lol I loved this poem. Wind, rain and the chaos in your mind... really well written!

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is wonderful! I feel it should be a song, i can feel it flow through my soul, soft and sad.
will read this one often! great piece!

Posted 14 Years Ago


reminiscing past love...a bittersweet theme that i find evokes strong emotions...in this poem, i feel the narrator is somewhat celebrating the times they once shared rather than being sad about it...which i think is beautiful...thanks for sharing this perspective of past love with us, shifts the paradigm of how we usually think, very interesting...

Posted 14 Years Ago


A wonderful piece full of bittersweet emotions... to appreciate love that has left shows great character... nice work.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very nice write. I love all the emotions you managed to capture in this piece.
Keep up the good work,
~Lauren

Posted 14 Years Ago


great description of love. very moving.i rly relate to it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Great job, an amazing poem once again, keep up the good work! ☺
~Dominic~

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

7215 Views
112 Reviews
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on August 21, 2009
Last Updated on August 21, 2018
Tags: poetry, Life, Sad, adventure, mystery, pain, poem, romance, story, death, fantasy, fiction, heart, love

Author

Tate Morgan
Tate Morgan

Marion , OH



About
Available from Amazon XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX I am a product of the Midwest. Raised on the plain states of North America. I was nurtured on a .. more..

Writing
Pain Pain

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Memories Memories

A Poem by Tate Morgan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..