My Dream

My Dream

A Story by Tate Morgan
"

I'll tell you my dream come true. For all of us.

"

 happiness

 

   I'll tell you my dream.  I want to be in love again. For that love to be my last. I wish to run home to her waiting arms every night make love to her till I can't breath.  Forsaking for her all others feel her sweat pour over me, like a waterfall.  To have the rains wash away my sins baptizing me in tears of joy.  Fall asleep to the beat of her heart, all the while her whispers caress my ears with "I love you". Play on the beach sharing our deepest fears and grandest joys. Wake not knowing where I end, nor where she begins. Drink of her love till I drown. Look at the moon each night I'm away, know she’s doing the same. Close my eyes, feel her heart touch my soul, and know she has shared with me something precious.  Walk hand in hand through the park at 85 stare into each others eyes not seeing the years gone by, but the priceless love within. I want to die in her loving embrace from a life well spent. All the while the lofting sounds of laughter, pour through my window, as grandchildren play hide and seek, in the fallen leaves of changing colors. To the sound of the lonesome whistle down the river the steamers would roll. I dream my last words to be “I love you". The last sounds I hear to be the new life crying down the hall belying echoes of the child that will take my place. A loving tear from my beloved wife and son, I'd pass from this world with a smile.









$12.50

To see my books click on the pictures to take you to them



$12.50




$12.50








© 2020 Tate Morgan


Author's Note

Tate Morgan
It was this story that found my wife for me. For all who ever dared to dream of the great love in life. I thought of this dream and carried it with me all my life. I intend to live it and take it with me to the end. My great great grandfather immigrated to the United States years ago from Ireland. And though I never had the pleasure of knowing him. Be it enough for him to know I am thankful and happy. To him I say "thank you for my life". His spirit lives within my heart!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

i can honestly say that i have never read anything quite as beautiful as this story. The love, the passion...it was all so heart warming that i found myself blushing while reading it. Your words paint a beautiful picture, Tate. Thanks for sharing

xoxo Caitlyn xoxo

Ps- I'm extremely happy that your dream came true :) all the best to you and your loved ones

Posted 13 Years Ago


8 of 8 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Gave me chills this did! Such a heart felt poem! BEAUTIFUL!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Nice piece of prose! I think this is every man's dream or rather everybody's dream to experience a love that which makes us whole.

For the day I met her I fell, only to keep falling forever. For true love never ends. When I think of how I fell, I am always reminded of her, the one who tripped me up. And now our love doth grow, by two in the world and one in her belly. A reminder of how we fell together. For love be as it may, It is a graceful fall!

A dream I have for myself, maybe someday it will come true.

RLG,
Tommy

Posted 13 Years Ago


this is beautiful and seet great job of course :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


You've done it again.
The dream is a shared experience...
We all lived vicarious through you.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was truly beautiful Tate and I think we all want this kind of love.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great personal write bro, it's deep and relaxing. A true lovers write. I think it was a good write that you pulled out! Keep it up.

-Will

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

A simply beautiful poem, Tate. "I wish to wake not knowing where I end, nor where she begins. I would drink of her love till I drown. Then look at the moon each night I'm away, know shes doing the same." This poem is beyond touching, but these words reached out to me. I share a similar dream, as many of us do. You have such a kind, giving heart, Tate. I hope you find all you dream of. And if you have found her, I hope you hold her tenderly and that she holds you back.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Beautiful Tate. Loving words indeed.
I'm going to stop reading your works,
making me tear-up all of the time.
Just kidding.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

it was a dream seeping in through intent ~ opening your heart with practical practice expressed graciously

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i can honestly say that i have never read anything quite as beautiful as this story. The love, the passion...it was all so heart warming that i found myself blushing while reading it. Your words paint a beautiful picture, Tate. Thanks for sharing

xoxo Caitlyn xoxo

Ps- I'm extremely happy that your dream came true :) all the best to you and your loved ones

Posted 13 Years Ago


8 of 8 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

8357 Views
160 Reviews
Shelved in 14 Libraries
Added on August 26, 2009
Last Updated on June 28, 2020
Tags: poetry, Life, Sad, adventure, mystery, pain, poem, romance, story, death, fantasy, fiction, heart, love

Author

Tate Morgan
Tate Morgan

Marion , OH



About
Available from Amazon XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX I am a product of the Midwest. Raised on the plain states of North America. I was nurtured on a .. more..

Writing
Pain Pain

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Memories Memories

A Poem by Tate Morgan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Songs of Colour Songs of Colour

A Poem by OT


Black Swan Black Swan

A Poem by OT


Goodbye Goodbye

A Poem by OT