Believe In Me

Believe In Me

A Poem by Tate Morgan
"

I for one did stay behind , when everyone else grew up.

"

Granddaughter Payton

 

If snow turned to ice ‘cream

milky ways were candy bars

Then the sky turned lucid

and began to rain stars

 _________________________

Mud pies taste like cookies

fall leaves would turn to gold

I'd fly to Santa's Castle

without ever getting cold

 _________________________

The wild west witch would love me

as she brewed her dinner of souls

I'd have all my fine clothing

bright and shiny none with holes

 _________________________

Where did all the innocence go

how did we get so jaded

What did we do with all those dreams

could our lives be so faded

__________________________


I for one did stay behind

when everyone else grew up

I don't want to be a dog

I'd rather be a pup

 






© 2018 Tate Morgan


Author's Note

Tate Morgan
We may not be able to go back there .But in my mind is a story still unfinished of a curious boy and the adventures of the big world.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh yes! I wish I'd read this before because by now I'd have read it a dozen or more times - if you know what I mean!

Love the thought of never growing up, living in a world of sweet make-believe where life is jumping in puddles and thunder is only mischievous angels slamming Heaven's gates!

There's a sweet juxtaposition of thought in this : ' The wild west witch would love me. As she brewed her dinner of souls. I'd have all my fine clothing. Bright and shiny none with holes.'

Thank you for sharing this .. it's all heart!



Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

We all keep a child hidden in a corner of our current life ... we remain the same innocent soul in this spot of our memories ..... wishing to turn back a page or two ....... nicely said Tate ... we should keep a dream to follow ... yet we still wonder where did all those dreams go .. where will this road of grown ups take us .... and the question will never be answered ..

Posted 9 Years Ago


I used advise my children that we all have to be grown-up, but that doesn't necessarily mean that we have to become ADULTS. You expressed keeping alive the curious "pup" in us so well! bravo!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I still have dreams, but not childhood ones. And that's really all right with me.


My Uncle Jody used to sing this song to me...and I learned to sing it before I really knew what it was all about...

Posted 11 Years Ago


Oh, Tate, this was so unexpected and so filled me with that childhood sense of joy!! Thank you! We need to be whimsical in our thinking, we need an innocent corner in our souls, we need an open heart to ENJOY life after the storms. Utterly fantastic write--you captured that child of your youth and let us see that delightful lad!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I have this memory burnt onto my soul of the day before I turned ten. I was standing in the street, outside a friend's house, waiting for him to come out and play. For some reason I was brooding on the forthcoming birthday, the day I'd finally make double figures. I well remember thinking, 'Oh well, now I suppose I''ll have to grow up!'

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Mic
Ah, know the lament so well. Remember thinking at twelve that life just couldn't get any better, now I know just how right I'd been. Count me in with your pack o' pups, Tate.

Excellent thought, easy read, just very well done!

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
the message is clear... We are all a dreamer.. the child within us wants to solve the mysteries of the world, and the journey it tells...

A simply Beautiful write mr. Tate...

Posted 11 Years Ago


great job, i love this! thanks for the submission!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I love this piece. It spoke to me on many levels. The WOO reference came shinning through as did one to a radio show I listen to a while back. Hmmm I wonder if that one was intended. Ever listen to the show "Dreamland" with Whitley Streiber?

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2726 Views
76 Reviews
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on August 28, 2009
Last Updated on September 26, 2018
Tags: Poetry, phylosophy, Life, Sad, adventure, mystery, pain, poem, romance, story, death, fantasy, fiction, heart, love

Author

Tate Morgan
Tate Morgan

Marion , OH



About
Available from Amazon XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX I am a product of the Midwest. Raised on the plain states of North America. I was nurtured on a .. more..

Writing
Pain Pain

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Memories Memories

A Poem by Tate Morgan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Voyages Voyages

A Poem by Tate Morgan