His Light Shown Bright

His Light Shown Bright

A Poem by Tate Morgan
"

Left to us was this memory: Kindness, he lit by way he knew.

"

 

 

 

 

 

 

Just a farthing for his childhood

poverty he met, for so long

Conquered through force of effort

he stood tall, as his arms grew strong


 

In his heart bold with life he lived

truth was the errant lover told

Not proud nor listless was the lad

who offered light of youth to old


 

First he came to were blind and dumb

ignorance, most cruel with its might

Harsh, cold and so unrelenting

he gave all he had to the fight


 

On through light of fearless nature

prejudice, once met he would brave

He hunted the cold screaming raven

to put her in an early grave


 

Along life's labored path he walked

jealous, persons followed him on

Enemies of kind nature

chased his spirit till near but gone



All that he would have been or done

love, he left behind for the fools

Gathered and scattered among us

as if just so many jewels


 

Left to us was his memory

kindness, shared by way he knew

Shown each a selfless character

he lit the way for me and you


Tate













Available Now





Available Now



© 2013 Tate Morgan


Author's Note

Tate Morgan
Would that we all could have such an impact upon mans own inhumanity to man. As Ghandi was once heard to say "If we look for an eye for an eye it will leave the world blind. In light of the horrific killing at the grade school in Connecticut this morning I would say we have learned little. Hold tight your children to your breast. When I am asked what I want for Christmas I always have to search my heart and the answer is always the same. I want every lonely child to know the love of their family. With that thought I am always reminded of those who pack for the weekend wait by the door for the parent who is just too busy to come get them this week. Loss of family is what makes for the dispossessed. My heart just bleeds for these poor families in Connecticut. For them Christmas will forever be the time that stole their hope, their future, their dreams.
This killing today was the 7th mass murder of 4 or more people in the United States this year alone.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

If we listen to the sounds of silence and the passion of men like Ghandi and Mandella, or even the words of those who cry out for peace through their music, ah, the music, we would find ourselves able to walk the path laid out for us from the beginning with a lighter heart. Again, thank you for your words, your passion.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tate Morgan

10 Years Ago

Hi Barb I ofen wonder if ever we will learn I doubt it



Reviews

I loved learning about Gandhi in school. Just one man's courage, compassion, and determination brought attention to the injustices people in India faced under British rule. No one would have guessed someone like Gandhi would be remembered as a hero. He was underestimated due to his physical appearance and having no great wealth or political power. But his strength of character and his words resonated with people.

Great ode to a great man.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Tate Morgan

7 Years Ago

Thank you this was one of the earlier poems i wrote. I havent revisited it in a long time. I thank y.. read more
Inspiring and exemplary. A perfect imagery set.
Your enthusiasm and zeal is absolutely appreciable.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Tate Morgan

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much
Mahatma Gandhi was a jewel thrown up by India. Even though he was a barrister he sacrificed his destiny for the sake of emancipating India. He was just not a freedom fighter but also was treasure of thoughts.

He says, if you are sad then bring to your remembrance the physiognomy of a poor and helpless soul you have ever met. Then compare his and yours conditions. Then you will realize that you have been bestowed with everything.

He also said

"I have nothing new to teach the world,
Non-violence and peace are as old as hills"

He propounded the theory of non-violence in India, that proved much lethal then the weapons of British.

He has bequeathed to the world many priceless lessons of life.

I thank you for sharing this tribute to one of the greatest soul.

Devanshu


Posted 8 Years Ago


Tate Morgan

8 Years Ago

Thank you Dev I have been so preoccupied today I am sorry it took so long to respond
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Me
Powerful poem here and very well written.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Tate Morgan

9 Years Ago

Thank u much
If we listen to the sounds of silence and the passion of men like Ghandi and Mandella, or even the words of those who cry out for peace through their music, ah, the music, we would find ourselves able to walk the path laid out for us from the beginning with a lighter heart. Again, thank you for your words, your passion.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tate Morgan

10 Years Ago

Hi Barb I ofen wonder if ever we will learn I doubt it
this is such a fitting tribute. If only we all endeavored to impact this world for good.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Tate Morgan

10 Years Ago

thank you merry christmas my friend
I agree with you. Ghandi stood for love and kindness. Few men had create hope and clarity like this good man. Thank you for the pom. We cannot forgot the good people who try to use love as his weapon. A outstanding poem.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


I am so proud of you Tate, this is truly a nice tribute to the great man Mahatma Gandhi. Heartful of well wishes and regards for writing this piece. Simply awesome.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Nice work very deep and moving if only people would actually stop and listen and realize the world/ society is decaying. Well done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Gandhi is one of my most favored speakers. He said a lot of very moving things.

Posted 11 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3527 Views
87 Reviews
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on October 14, 2009
Last Updated on July 15, 2013
Tags: poetry, Life, Sad, adventure, mystery, pain, poem, romance, story, death, fantasy, fiction, heart, love

Author

Tate Morgan
Tate Morgan

Marion , OH



About
Available from Amazon XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX I am a product of the Midwest. Raised on the plain states of North America. I was nurtured on a .. more..

Writing
Pain Pain

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Memories Memories

A Poem by Tate Morgan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..