Loneliness

Loneliness

A Poem by Tate Morgan
"

All that's left of our sweet love, is this song that we once knew.

"


Someone starts to sing a song

and it makes me think of you

Just a sad, simple, melody

both you and I once knew

 

As the words drift by my ears

a kind sadness fills my heart

The song has much more meaning

as time has kept us apart

 

I try to see your face again

to think of things unsaid

But all I can remember

is this song inside my head

 

My memory is failing now

oh so sad, but oh so true

All that's left of our sweet love

is this song that we once knew

 







© 2019 Tate Morgan


Author's Note

Tate Morgan
How can any of us say we are not afraid to die?
To see another waste away is such a painful thing.Yet we still see them as we wish to remember them

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A memory is a life time storie and the names of the people does not meter, what meters is like you said.. The feeling that brings us a smile or a tear.
I had to stop all that I was doing tonight! and sit here and read with my heart and soul your poetry, you have ask me many times to come and read it so tonight I had some time.
You are one of the people ( poet) I know that writes about songs and feelings and real life facts, I do understand.
When we love.. we love, ! we do not think of nothing else but to give and forget about our self, In this verses you wrote I read them quite a few times, each line over and over again.
The heart has the ability along with the mind, to takes us to the very second where we left that memory and re-lived the memories. Our minds are made in such a perfection that not one detail escapes with time we have files up to date and we never make mistakes unless we want to. How perfect is our brain and heart that even when time goes by so fast but, when that musical note hits our mind. Bummmm! There it is again and our yesterday's are in our today's and they can come and visit our present in a flash. It goes by so fast and leaves us exhausted and full of love and sometimes pain.
I can't even begin to tell you how much I love to come and read your poem, it brought tears to my eyes ( Again and Again) You my friend have that gift to touch a very tender part of my soul and heart.
I can't stop looking at the image and thinking about my Mom and Dad. For some reason that was the string you touched... and you will continue to bring me to my knees every time Oh yes !!! I will come back and read this. Divine, simply divine.
If I may say.. the best poem I have read today .. Sunday and I will go and open my library to post this poem on my top shelf... I am going to save it in a very tender special place for this amazing poem you have wrote and I thank you.
Not everyone can bleed and not hurt when a poet as you displayed his words in a such a deep feeling for us to feel.
Again.. one more time. You have got me glued ! No surprise to me I knew you will do it again. Off I go to read another one of your pages..I love to do that!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

wow, just wow. so simple yet so beautiful.

Posted 12 Years Ago


truly beautiful....everything-the picture, your poem, the song all flowed together so well and really made for a touching piece of artwork.....thanks for sending a read request. To have a love like this is all that we aspire and long for....

Posted 12 Years Ago


Made me think of my life and what's next for me. Thanks I liked it although it was touching.

Posted 12 Years Ago


It is a sad thought. But, the greatest part of that is the joy they will have in their heart if before they left this world them made Jesus part of their lives. Is not a sadness but a joy because there is a party in heaven for their return.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Life is a story book of memories. Each of us have many chapters and when our final chapter comes I think fear is the only thing that comes natural. We naturally fear what we do not understand. I liked this one a lot.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Beautiful!

Posted 12 Years Ago


The quiet nights we spend missing those that were once so strongly embeded in our souls are sometime the most heart wrenching. Our lives may grow in quality and joy, but there will forever be a tear drop scar on our aortas just for them. It will weep from time to time, in the cold and in the warmth, but forever will it remain. Simply beautiful and oh so true. You really touch on a fine subject, and truly flow through the aspects of emotional attatchment.

Posted 12 Years Ago


so true Tate...each day we grasp a piece of memories and embed ourselves within them...life...we are destined to die from the very first gasp of breath we take...physicly this is true, but there is more to this than we realize Tate...why else would we seek to love and be love, remember my friend we have or rather oue Soul is never going to die...that is why so many express their feelings of waiting or understanding that they will see each other in the after life...let us not reflect on the way we die but on how when we die we will be rejuvenated into a new life where there is more love and more peace and joy than here where we are experiencing the opposite and the same...

Posted 12 Years Ago


oh life is so fleeting...in the blink of an eye it can be over. Love truly is worth it all though. Despite how fast life flies, its worth it, if you find that love that brings you joy. This particular piece reminds me a bit of the book by nicholas sparks 'the notebook' So bittersweet.


Posted 12 Years Ago


how many times have i experienced this array of emotions? music is the universal reminder of the moment when it was most meaningful to self. poignant and charmingly morose, this is a deeply moving piece, conceived from pure and unadulterated love, and forever twined to the strings of the heart and mind. outstanding write!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

5236 Views
117 Reviews
Shelved in 6 Libraries
Added on November 15, 2009
Last Updated on February 18, 2019
Tags: poetry, Life, Sad, adventure, mystery, pain, poem, romance, story, death, fantasy, fiction, heart, love

Author

Tate Morgan
Tate Morgan

Marion , OH



About
Available from Amazon XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX I am a product of the Midwest. Raised on the plain states of North America. I was nurtured on a .. more..

Writing
Pain Pain

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Memories Memories

A Poem by Tate Morgan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Helena Helena

A Poem by Tate Morgan