The Error of My Ways

The Error of My Ways

A Poem by Tate Morgan
"

I walked the earth so emboldened in my brazen younger days That I missed chances so golden for the poor error of my ways

"

My rendition of my inner self.Graphite on canvas.



 



Every sweet life flowers golden

mixing old colors in with the new

Creating a wonderful child each time

of a mixed ever changing hue

 

My life has been both heartache

along by spirits of love in rain

Tossed up around and foundered

with the dreams I cannot attain

 

As I recall the lost soft beauty

of aching spirits in still delight

I looked to God's sweet Heaven

with thoughts that stir the night

 

For life's time waits on none of us

it masters fate with earnest callous

Caring for none in favored mercy

helping not whom it shows malice

 

But I shall have known wisdom

with his brother mighty pain

As my friends they so haunt me

with joys I'll never know again

 

I walked the earth so emboldened

in my brazen younger days

That I missed chances so golden

for the poor error of my ways

 

 







© 2018 Tate Morgan


Author's Note

Tate Morgan
I'm sure given the same circumstances and life. I would do the same things again. Such is the truth of humanity. We do not think much on the truths of life until we are made to. If only we could live life backwards. I think I would like to be Benjamin Button.
Tate

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is a very tender verse....and again BRAVO on song choice:) Time waits for no one is so very true, when you added "it masters fate with earnest callous" you set the tone of this write beautifully. All the times we hurt, hurt another or tumble and fall on our path I think is what makes the rest of our journey a wonderful ride and pleasant to the soles of our feet. I would love go back in time and right some wrongs, but then again if I did not have those experiences I would not be the wise woman I am today. Wonderful write!

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Well done Tate. Sour is the regret of the flavors not tasted.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a very tender verse....and again BRAVO on song choice:) Time waits for no one is so very true, when you added "it masters fate with earnest callous" you set the tone of this write beautifully. All the times we hurt, hurt another or tumble and fall on our path I think is what makes the rest of our journey a wonderful ride and pleasant to the soles of our feet. I would love go back in time and right some wrongs, but then again if I did not have those experiences I would not be the wise woman I am today. Wonderful write!

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

They say youth is lost on the young, but I have to say there are very few things I might even hazard to change if I could do it all again. Our folly makes us wiser, our injuries make us stronger and our heartbreaks help us help others get through the pain they suffer. Love the work, it flows very easily and reads smoothly. Well done!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This has a nice rhyme and flow to it reflects deep thoughts and emotions to which many of us can relate. The past is gone and we can not change it but, looking back at our folly we can glean wisdom for the present and future. Experience is a great teacher as we remember the lessons learned from it. But all we can do is forgive ourselves and let those memories keep us from repeating the mistakes. Very nice poem!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

We all have those moments in which we wonder "what if". I know I have plenty that I ask that about and wonder if I could do them over what would happen. Would I do it the same? Sometimes I doubt it and other times I'm sure I would do it just the same. This poem relates to me alot. :) Very good write. Brings up alot of memories for me.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I know there are events in my past I would love a "do-over". Aah, with age comes wisdom, but the past is past, and the future is before us. Regret will eat a soul alive, so I just try not to repeat foolish mistakes.
I enjoyed reading this, you made me think and remember; bitter sweet.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh that song. I so remember it.. This touched me Tate. You have such a gift. The gift f life shown in your words to share with all. And what a wonderful gift that is my friend..

This was beautiful.. Yes, tears... Always..

Mags xx

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tears filled my eyes, as I read your poem Tate. I love the music too. Finally I can listen to the music as I read your poem. Bonus for having the internet at home. Beautiful write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was an amazing poem this gives us the thought of looking back at our foolish selves.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
EMW
This was good. it made me think of how a small event can affect my life. How fate can play a part and wrong decissions can change your path. Good job. this is one of my favorite poems of yours.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

4610 Views
97 Reviews
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on May 20, 2010
Last Updated on October 28, 2018
Tags: poetry, Life, Sad, adventure, mystery, pain, poem, romance, story, death, fantasy, fiction, heart, love

Author

Tate Morgan
Tate Morgan

Marion , OH



About
Available from Amazon XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX I am a product of the Midwest. Raised on the plain states of North America. I was nurtured on a .. more..

Writing
Pain Pain

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Memories Memories

A Poem by Tate Morgan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Trouble Trouble

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Songs of Colour Songs of Colour

A Poem by OT


Sleepwalk Sleepwalk

A Poem by Robin


My Dream My Dream

A Story by Tate Morgan


Mercy Mercy

A Story by Coyote Poetry