Let Me Remember You As This

Let Me Remember You As This

A Poem by Tate Morgan
"

The wind from our lives blows by us marking as time runs out it cries Filling life's sails with tattle tales while the dream of our childhood dies

"


Without a care through summers fun

we both tousled life in splendor

Each played in the beams daylight streams

holding one another tender

 

Above the churning sky had blushed

without a worry of the night

We played on high till day was nigh

as darkness overcame the light

 

The wind from our lives blows by us

marking as time runs out it cries

Filling life's sails with tattle tales

while the dream of our childhood dies

 

The cricket's songs leisurely played

rain tapped the ground with our first kiss

A warm night bathed in cool moonlight

let me remember you as this

 

© 2013 Tate Morgan


Author's Note

Tate Morgan
I can't say that this piece is wrapped completely in reality. It was a thought of youth and time I spent with others and still remember. Time changes everything does it not? Young love is a lot like that. We always entrust our future to the winds of fortune. What once seemed like the end turned out to be only the beginning of something much better. So to all of you who are still young remember this from a man who has been there. It may seem like your love is gone. As if everything you dreamed was just that, a dream. These moments are the ones that carve the character that will make you interesting to others in the future. The only ones who truly know what life has in store, are those who have lived it and come out the other end a little wiser. The pain that will seem to accompany young love teaches us to be true to one another. These pains will help you through life. Through memories of these mutual pains, those endured and those imposed by us on others, we learn to respect each others feelings. This will make you a better person. One you too can respect.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is so lovely. Quite vivid and beautifully done. Line 5 and Line 12 really made me stop and think. It was beautiful honestly. Please honor me with a reply to my newest work, if you will. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


It's been along time since i felt something so deep that made me cry
Well done ,amazing as always

Posted 12 Years Ago


Excellent work, Tate.

Posted 12 Years Ago


loved the italics. Loved the last stanza. wished sometimes it wasn't in rhyme. wished sometimes it was less sentimental. Your Authors Note as usual is exceptionaly good. If you collected all the authors notes you have written on writers cafe and put them into a collection with a bit of spit and polish here and there, you would have a fine source of very readable material. Thanks Tate.

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
EMF
Proper Job Mate. Really a proper job. You envoke a time gone for me, but memories still linger. Brought back here

Posted 12 Years Ago


A beautiful dream even more beautifully expressed in this work. I loved each line of it. This is the xth time I am reading it!

Posted 12 Years Ago


What a beautiful poem...sometimes I long to go back to my childhood days and correct my mistakes...good job...

Posted 12 Years Ago


A beautiful poem rich in colour and imagery...

Posted 12 Years Ago


First I want to say, that is a gorgeous picture. And well chosen for this piece. The longing for days of carefree spontaneity and play, innocence and wonder. The sweet beginnings and first loves. Very romantic in a I wish it could still be. But what about why can it not be?


Posted 12 Years Ago


Ahhh, young love. So many memories this brings. Interesting though how some of that love can come full-circle..yanno true love is one that never dies. Talking to a friend of mine the other day that is 42 tells me she has been with her husband since she was 16. Really? That kind of love still exists? I don't know that I would have benefit from never knowing any other love but one, though, I commend her on such commitment. My fav part of this....

The wind from our lives blows by us

marking as time runs out it cries

Filling life's sails with tattle tales

while the dream of our childhood dies

::sigh:: as I approach 41 in a few days I hear the whistle of the wind blow by faster and faster. Thank you, Tate. A true masterpiece!



Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3291 Views
70 Reviews
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on December 15, 2011
Last Updated on June 12, 2013
Tags: poetry, Life, Sad, adventure, mystery, pain, poem, romance, story, death, fantasy, fiction, Dark, Gay, Hate, sex, teen, horror, heart, love

Author

Tate Morgan
Tate Morgan

Marion , OH



About
Available from Amazon XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX I am a product of the Midwest. Raised on the plain states of North America. I was nurtured on a .. more..

Writing
Pain Pain

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Memories Memories

A Poem by Tate Morgan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Heart Heart

A Poem by Tate Morgan