Tired of Being Alone

Tired of Being Alone

A Poem by Tate Morgan
"

Many's the place I called home but none were quite the truth Realities found within the mind of each and every youth

"



Excitement chased me round the globe

throughout my younger days

It haunted my soul day and night

in search of worldly praise

 

Life led me quite an adventure

through passion and delight

Searching the bars and alleyways

for each new sound and sight

 

Many's the place I called home

but none were quite the truth

Realities found within the mind

of each and every youth

 

As time went on I moved about

sampling all the wares

Those that had burned unceasingly

in my heart as in theirs

 

Time passed as I settled down

to stop my roaming ways

Happy was I to take the bit

give up my nights for days

 

The weeks seemed to pass pointlessly

work stopped my urge to roam

Though by caring for someone else

I 'd found myself a home

 

As years went by I asked myself

what more is there to life

To that came the answer a child,

family and a wife


Tate was the first to teach me love

foretelling of things to be

What it meant to love another

more than I ever loved me








© 2021 Tate Morgan


Author's Note

Tate Morgan
The day my son was born. I had the strangest sensation. At 35 years old I thought I had experienced everything, gone everywhere. I had scribed his name upon his foot in permanent marker. The nurse looked at me and scowled. I stared back and told her she ought not think of swapping my child for someone elses. What was troubling to me was a new sensation. How could it be at 35 I was just now experiencing this? Then like a thunderclap it hit me. This was to be the first time I understood the meaning of both life and love. I had finally arrived at the answer to all my questions. I loved another more than myself and and then knew why I was alive. You know few things I learned that still ring so true. A wife can leave you. A family can break up. But a son will never abandon his father. No one can take his love from you! I know that since he was born I have never been nor felt alone.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Moms can relate to this too..
I sometimes ask...what's the point? Why am I here? Life's purpose..is to maybe put my selfish ways behind me...and learn to love another more than I love myself. It's a Christlike love I suppose. To put others before you...in hopes that it will all come back to you with good karma.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Awww, such a beautiful write. You have managed to capsulate in verse the love and bond shared by parents......especially the experience of joy and wonderment when your first born is held in your arms.

I had to smile about the 'permanent marker.'!!! Wise move.....babies have been known to be mixed up at birth! I remember when my second son was born.......no chance of him ever being swapped....he had his surname in big blue marker right across his back!!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Tate Morgan

9 Years Ago

HAHAHA I love that we are much alike thank you helena
We spend our youth searching for a place to belong when it is not our place only vessels in which to create life and to find enrichment. Really nice Tate.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Your poem reaches far beyond the example of parental love that you expound here. It is important to realize that loving another more then you love yourself can be shown in our actions in relation to everyone one we have an impact on in our daily lives. Simple acts of kindness, words of encouragement, and a general loving attitude towards others positively shape not only our core being, but the lives of the people we touch with that love. We are social creatures, us humans, and what greater purpose could we have but to show love.

Posted 11 Years Ago


this is amazing. there are lines in this which seem to mock my own life but i know there are always little similarities in a man's life.when you speak of fatherhood there is an emptiness within me, as i never experienced those joys except as a step father or surrogate by proxy. you have a rich and full life and i am overjoyed for you and your son. great write!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Amazing! I always enjoy reading your poems, they seem to flow swiftly but true.

Posted 11 Years Ago


So familiar a tale, for me at any rate. But in truth I became a child again with my first, and did not grow up until much later. Now, I feel I may have missed a lot.
ATB
Alex.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I can so relate to this as well. My son changed my world. It is a bond between parent and child that seems stronger than any other bond on the planet. I however do know with my son the bond between him and my husband is priceless. They do everything together. They forget to include mom sometimes but hey I understand. It is male bonding in the highest form. Best of all it is Father-son.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I love this - there is a certain innocence to it although maybe that isn't the appropriate word, perhaps more of a light honesty. Its not heavy handed yet the poem is quite deep. I enjoyed it much and it made me think of the course of my own life.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Beautiful! I love how this poem tells your story - it touches on themes you've written about in the past, but ties them all together into a nerrative, the lesson more clear and touching because of it, in my mind. I know exactly what you mean, as well. The birth of my son was a transformative experience. For the first time, I felt a love that has never been a choice, it is instinctive and powerful. I would die for him. And if ever he were to grow up, leave, hate me even, my love would be undiminished. You expressed that feeling perfectly in the last lines. Just perfect.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Moms can relate to this too..
I sometimes ask...what's the point? Why am I here? Life's purpose..is to maybe put my selfish ways behind me...and learn to love another more than I love myself. It's a Christlike love I suppose. To put others before you...in hopes that it will all come back to you with good karma.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2961 Views
50 Reviews
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on February 3, 2012
Last Updated on January 21, 2021
Tags: poetry, Life, adventure, mystery, pain, poem, romance, story, death, heart, love

Author

Tate Morgan
Tate Morgan

Marion , OH



About
Available from Amazon XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX I am a product of the Midwest. Raised on the plain states of North America. I was nurtured on a .. more..

Writing
Pain Pain

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Memories Memories

A Poem by Tate Morgan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..