Long time no see

Long time no see

A Story by Ophelia
"

fiction with a psychological insight

"

Long time no see

Then the world just wretched her, everlasting pain was her only companion. Now she is a thirty-three years full grown woman. Sitting beside the window and letting the sun illuminate her partial face; she was dwelling in her past memories. Memories of eleven years back; when she just completed her graduation and lost all her world, her father. She was his only child; for them, they were each other’s only hope and dependence. Her father was a mailman and she never met her mother. She was told that her mother left them when she was born. Now she acquires the post of C.A in a reputed banking organisation.

She took a sip from the coffee-cup; she still remembered the day. It was 11th October her graduation day it was; she was happy as she managed to get a good result. Chasing the time she was running towards her house to tell father that the days of sacrifice and struggle has ended. She is going to get a fair job and they will have their dream-house. The house in which they so long lived locked themselves, it is an insult in its actual mean. A little congested room with one single window, exploring the slum can only be eye-soothing to a blind man. Even there was only two of them still the room used to make her feel claustrophobic. And now she owns a three bedroom flat but it appears to her as a lonely vast abyss. Sometimes she thinks it has devoured many little houses to flaunt his gigantic attire. It’s not house for her rather a hotel without expenditure.

She thought, she imagined what will be father’s expression of hearing the good news. But when she reached home he was lying on the bed staring at the ceiling making such a face where no expression can bloom. He died. Her world died.

Standing near the window she was memorizing all the shards of memories of past 11 years. She didn't need to do that; it was promise she made to herself she will never look back! Then why now?? She doesn't know the answer. The sunlight raises her partial face of her thirty-three years age and the dark shadowy part was her long journey of 11 years. She remembers father always said ‘emotion enriches but also impoverishes’. She way fared this last eleven years keeping this in her mind and now she is alone with enormous epicurean life. For whom she is earning all this? She doesn’t know the answer.

Today she offered herself a break-ground and now meeting herself after a long time. Her entire week passes on meeting files, faxes, e-mails, money, and her co-workers. She hardly gets the chance to offer herself a glance at the mirror. For whom she is breathlessly working? She doesn't know the answer. She leads herself and she will be as long as her heart stops beating.

In night when she couldn't sleep she lean on the bed facing her eyes on the ceiling; it was her only way to connect father. She never saw him, the only thing she could see is the white, gloomy, dark ceiling. She will die one day without knowing the answers. Does she even alive? She will never get the answers. Life imposed an indelible question mark on which Death will put the blin.  

 

© 2015 Ophelia


Author's Note

Ophelia
ignore grammar problems, what do you think of the content?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I think your work is really good. A girl thinking for a reason for whom she works hard for. Though she knows its for her dad but her dad died inevitably. I can't really understand how the girl feels. Maybe I'm just ignorant on others suffering. But I think as people tells stories to others, the people who are told, are given insight on things you never heard. In short, your work is great.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews


A story of regret. How many of us can relate to that! Life has a habit of pulling us away from things that should mean so much to us. But that is life and I think we have to sometimes sit back and just really think of what is important. Sure we have to make a living, bring up our children etc. etc. but do we think about our parent's needs or ignore them.

We can get so busy we lose sight of people's needs and get wrapped up in our own little world. Which is tragic as your story tells. She meant well no doubt but unfortunately it was too late!

Thank you for submitting this story to the Challenge! ~ Helena (Blue Rose)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think your work is really good. A girl thinking for a reason for whom she works hard for. Though she knows its for her dad but her dad died inevitably. I can't really understand how the girl feels. Maybe I'm just ignorant on others suffering. But I think as people tells stories to others, the people who are told, are given insight on things you never heard. In short, your work is great.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

350 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 11, 2015
Last Updated on March 11, 2015
Tags: relationship, personal emotions