"Every move She makes, with every vow She breaks”

"Every move She makes, with every vow She breaks”

A Story by Ophelia
"

She was as quite as always but in that stormy evening she revealed some horrifying truth to me that turned my inside into frozen ice... Read to know more...

"

As per a request, I move on with the story of her. You all might wonder why I am writing after such a long gap! Yes let me tell you I and ‘she’ we are not in very good terms nowadays. After handing over to you “She stoops to conquer” she became very angry with me. Actually she never quite liked writers. She believes that they possess an unnecessary domination on portraying people’s life without their permission. Likely I have also done just the same! But I feel there are mysteries in her and I should let you all to discover them. Because she never entered in my mind, she just flew over it. May be someday one of you get to understand her and let me know.

The books never enthralled her or the nature; she was more interested in darkness than light. She told me once that if somebody tried to draw her dreams in a white paper the white paper will be drenched with blood. One day when I was closing the window as the sky was about split in black noisy pieces she came and stood behind me silently. I asked her-“looks like the darkness you seek is not very much liked by you”. And again beyond my expectations she answered-“I don’t seek darkness because all I could see is Darkness, I seek within it”. The rain started and the storm grew louder. She walked towards the couch and sat on it with a lying hint. “If you want you can sleep for some time, I will watch over you” I said. “Why do you think I will like to sleep in such a noisy environment?” she replied. “Well I am seeing you having trouble with your sleep since past 3-4 days, so I thought maybe you feel tired”. Her eyebrows grew denser with a face mixed with red flush of suppressed anger and bitterness. “I don’t like people watching me in sleep; you should know its trespassing into someone’s thoughts”. I heaved a shy and said to myself may be there is nothing in this universe that can make this woman laugh or smile. With a realization of a trespasser I chose to sit down on the wooden chair beside the couch. Silence remained for a quarter of an hour, then she finally spoke-“Tell me if you can save somebody’s life how you would feel?” I laughed a bit and said-“That I am either a doctor or The Almighty”. She closed her eyes and took a pause. And asked me again-“How would you feel if you can decide someone’s death instead?”.  A ground breaking lightning took place and my face turned pale. I asked her is this has something to do with your troubled sleep; she opened her eyes and said-“question over a question never leads to an answer you know”. Her riddles sometimes disturb me to the core. With an expression of disgust I replied-“Being a human we are not allowed to decide anyone’s end my dear and harmony resides in leading the life as the almighty has given you, only he decides to call for a stop whenever he wishes. “I see you strongly believe in what you have never seen”- she said. I didn’t answer this because I was more interested in her next words than instigating a religious quarrel.

I asked her with hesitation “Have you encountered anyone in your life who decided someone’s death?” She said “Yes and no too”. Now with a subtle anger I said “If you want to say something I prefer saying it without riddles, otherwise I might lose my patience”. “Yes, as I have met someone and no, as that someone is not anyone but me” she said it and turned her face to the ceiling. The weather and her words both made my heart skip a bit in fear and skin shed perspire even in that cold. I said nothing and she went on saying this time. “There was a man who tried to distort me by looking beneath my cloths without my consent. Or maybe I was too young to realize that it was taking place beyond my sanction all I knew that, I did not like it. I couldn’t tell anyone as he was much older than me and known to my family. But the realization of being smashed by someone’s unlawful pleasures, I felt haunted badly. Whenever he used to show up in the house I kept myself locked in the bathroom until he left.” I was spellbound at the same time and shattered too, that she never had someone who could stand up to her pains and now she is with me who barely understands her mystery. I asked her in furious anger “Tell me who that b*****d was, I will make him rot in hell.” For the first time from the entire evening she finally laughed. She turned her face to me and said “He already is in hell.” Before I could extract meaning from her suspicious words she said-“I killed him. I asked for his death to your almighty and he granted my wishes.” Now this lead me to an horrifying trans of emotion, words got stuck in my throats all I could utter with shock to her “How?!!”. She stood up and opened the window, the rain was stopped, and the storm slept in her horror may be. Looking towards the rain drenched nature outside she said “Every night I dreamt of his eyes running over my body and how hatefully I wished them to be closed forever. Suddenly one fine morning the news came that he died over a sudden heart attack in the middle of the night. I was having sleep troubles from past 3-4 days because today was the day of his death. I still remember. The night when he died may be your almighty chose me to be the almighty for once because he knew that nobody except me could have written that man’s punishment”. I felt my nerves feeling rushed and head getting heavy, the fact I was living with a woman who can decide someone’s death stirred me from my entrails. She then came to me and bringing her lips close to my ear said-“Don’t worry you won’t die unless you do something wrong to me” and with a willful smile walked towards the kitchen.

© 2017 Ophelia


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
Added on June 18, 2017
Last Updated on June 18, 2017