Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Armanis
"

The end of a great battle. A mercenary group deemed terrorists is illiminated by the U.S Army. Below, sets the stage for mystery

"

Sergeant James Cross

Prologue

The skies reflected red. corpses and  on the desert hot sand filled with blood and tears, the dead rose knee deep, and any American soldier still standing grimaced. Others sat down in a heap of corpses, looking absent minded in the chaos. The fires roared, and not one ounce of water could be found.

Well over thirty thousand men and women perished, civilians, and soldiers alike. Buildings collapsed, and mines too filled with the dread from the constant fighting on end. Soldiers grabbed certain corpses, and Agent Nells, looked over them.

“Smith, Anderson, Copply, throw them here.” he said to them. Without question they grabbed eleven bodies and tossed them in a pile. One of them wore a mask, another was missing an eye, the one missing an eye, was once called Butcher, a bernette. They didn’t look old, they appeared rather young. “I count eleven. Where is the other one?”

“It was Ticker. Remember that blast? He probably vaporized in it with everyone else.” Copply replied. “I looked in the area, and I can’t find anyone that might match his description, not one that I remember sir. I remember him well. It still...I can’t believe they would do something like this.”

“They are all dangerous.” Nells replied. They looked towards someone walking, they found two people, Sarah Adams, Intelligence officer with Sergeant Cutting. They looked at the bodies. Smith began to pour gasoline all over them, and Nells lit a match, burning their bodies. Only one was still seemingly alive, and no screams left his voice. His mask looked up, staring at Nells. He died softly, nothing moved, and a few grunts were heard, but none of its limbs moved, it was as if every limb was broken in countless places.

“What did he do? What did Task Force 7 do?” Adams asked. “What sense of crime did they do? And what...this is a monstrosity. No normal men or women can do this amount of damage, not in such little time. It was just the twelve of them after all, isn’t that right Agent?”

“Yes, it was just the twelve. There isn’t anything particularly special about them. This is not the Avengers, and nor were they enhanced human beings. They just trained harder than anyone ever will. It was there job.”

“How long did they train?” Smith asked.

“Ten years.” Nells replied.

“They still look young. How old were they?”

Nells hesitated before answering the question. He stared into the pile of the eleven corpses burning. All ends are now tied. “That is classified above top secret information.”

“They don’t even look like they could vote.” Adams replied. “Were they even legally trained?”

“That is classified information. Above top secret. Don’t inquire anymore. We’re done talking about this.”

The following year, Nells will be elected president. He would enjoy a safe time, and a comfortable time in office, with the sole goal, of making the world a safer place for everyone. Other officers that he knew, would take retire, getting elected in Congress, and others eventually into the Court.



© 2016 Armanis


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on August 15, 2016
Last Updated on August 15, 2016
Tags: military, fires


Author

Armanis
Armanis

Revere, MA



About
I am a fantasy author. I do some writing of poetry and short stories under a different name. My writing takes place in the dungeons and dragon world but in an alternate universe since my story doesn't.. more..

Writing
Prologue: Gamble Prologue: Gamble

A Chapter by Armanis


Royal Brood Royal Brood

A Chapter by Armanis


The Unholy Tree The Unholy Tree

A Chapter by Armanis