Realization

Realization

A Chapter by Luna

                “I feel so horrible. I mean, me and her have been friends since we were little. Now she won’t even talk to me, won’t even look at me.” A week has passed with no luck. Angela won’t let me near her and will only look at me to scowl, her green eyes filled with hatred.

                “Don’t worry about it. I mean, people may get mad but they can’t stay that way forever, right?” Jacob whispers into my ear, snuggling me as we sit in front of the fireplace in the library.

                “I guess you’re right. I mean, all I did was not tell her what was going on. It wasn’t like it was a major thing. She can have any guy in the school that she wants so it is ok if she gets rejected by one guy, right?” I look up at him to see him smiling, his eyes trying to coax me to smile as well. “I didn’t do anything wrong. I was with you even before she told me that she liked you so there is no problem. I’ll just slide a note into her locker and say that I’ve been dating you since I moved over here and that when she told me I was afraid to tell her because I didn’t want to hurt her feelings.”

                “Calm down. No need to stress over this. Things happen and this shouldn’t be something that makes you lose sleep. I mean, I understand that you two are friends and all but no need to stress. It’ll work itself out.” He kisses my forehead, looking down at his watch. “Oops, time. Mom will kill me if I’m late for dinner again. Love you and don’t stress.” I walk him to the front door, giving him a kiss goodbye as something nags in my head, something that tells me that something is not right.

 

 

                “Patrick, I’m going to start buying you coffee or something. I swear you sleep too much.” I kick his leg, the leg that is jutting out into the hallway, just begging to trip someone. “You are going to kill someone with this leg of yours!” He lets out a snort of recognition and curls up into a ball facing the wall. A week has gone by since me and Jacob had talked in the library and his presence has been less and less, getting to class earlier and not coming over due to more homework.

                “Hey Autumn. Can I talk to you?” Jacob calls out to me, his tone serious as he walks over to where we always stand in a group.

                “What is it, Jacob? Is something wrong?” I ask, walking towards him, offering him a hug that he declines.

                “I think we need to see other people. It just isn’t working out.” he says and turns around, walking towards another girl and giving her a hug before I can even respond. A single tear slides down my face as I turn away from the crowd of starring people, the crowd that Angela is part of.

                “I knew that was coming. I should have told you. I’m so sorry.” Angela steps towards me, trying to wrap her arm around me comfortingly though I smack it away, not wanting any physical contact. “Autumn, look at me.”

                “God, I ruined our friendship for nothing. I knew something had been up. I knew it. I just didn’t see it coming. Why am I so stupid? Why did I have to screw up? Why did I have to keep talking about that fight, keep stressing over the past when I knew it would scare him away? Why?” I turn and look at her, more tears sliding down my cheek. There is sympathy in her eyes, sympathy that makes me sick. I run to the bathroom and hide in a stall, trying to recover before first period, where I know I will have to watch him flirting away with the girl he had been cheating on me with.



© 2010 Luna


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Okay, to tell you the truth, I didn't see this coming. Looks like I'm not much of a genius afterall, oh well, next chapter.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow such an amazing chapter here, kept me in suspense

Posted 14 Years Ago


i have a feeling that jacob really didnt break up with her did he?

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 4, 2010
Last Updated on January 4, 2010


Author

Luna
Luna

Civil War Capital, VA



About
I am a helpless romantic who also loves to attempt to write romance adventure (my novel Maiden Voyage for example) but I tend to try to stick more to poetry. I am southern (yes, I do have an accent) a.. more..

Writing
Failed Failed

A Poem by Luna


Crutch Crutch

A Poem by Luna


Regrets Regrets

A Poem by Luna



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Gone Gone

A Chapter by Luna


Oh, Yes Oh, Yes

A Poem by TamiViolet


Our Last Summer Our Last Summer

A Chapter by Luna