The In-Betweeners

The In-Betweeners

A Poem by Ciara Di Salle
"

Dark Fantasy poem from last year

"

We rarely confess our existence trapped in eternal limbo between heaven and earth. We are not demon nor angel or bodily being. Unobservable, we creep on tiptoes on top of the redbrick wall barrier between the supernatural and your common world, in an all-encompassing yet nearly non-existent reality. On occasion one of our own trips and cascades into Earth’s progressive spiral through time or are swept away by the wind of un-comprehendible divinities in to total enlightenment and freedom, a concept of heaven or a higher form of existence, the spiritual world. Our earthly visits are the ancient origins of the tales elders tell the children, whose pupils dilate in innocent, youthful eyes. One, a macabre appearance, another a miraculously beautiful vision. We follow no sense of uniformity, merely for the reason that we are each individual anomalies, snapped threads in the fabric of the universe. Neither intended nor damned, we lack creation and substance, and form from nothing, as we are nothing. Yet we are something. Our grim and optimistic presence looms over all worlds, clear as day yet hazy as fog. We are the contradictory culture with no beginning or end, just ever so slightly above bodily form but below spiritual being, or the properties of gods. Enigmatic in nature, we fling off our redbrick wall of a home dreams and night terrors into the minds of children. These are the lost ideas, memories, and creations of souls that transition from your world through ours to the next. And we are infinite, vision flingers and lonely walkers in the limbo we inhabit, wishing with all we are, just to exist for a moment in a distinct ambience.

 

 

 

© 2013 Ciara Di Salle


Author's Note

Ciara Di Salle
This poem is written purposely without verse

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beautiful. I absolutely loved this.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Ciara Di Salle

10 Years Ago

Thanks very much!
Beautifully written and with amazing images and thoughts for the reader to gnaw on. A very thought provoking piece. That ambience is swift as it comes and goes. Do we recognise it? or let it pass? I think life tends to be so busy today, we tend to ignore those brief miraculous moments. Strange though, how we can always find time for that darkness.
Great writing indeed.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Ciara Di Salle

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much! I'm glad it was thought provoking for you :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

414 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 14, 2013
Last Updated on September 14, 2013
Tags: dark, fantasy, fiction, poem, poetry, unrhymed, eerie

Author

Ciara Di Salle
Ciara Di Salle

Canada



About
My name is Ciara, I am 17 years old. I am an artist, a student, and a writer. I am currently working on my first novel. I love Doctor Who, Sherlock, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Torchwood, Supernatural.. more..

Writing