Fall~ Paragraph from Chapter 5 of my Book

Fall~ Paragraph from Chapter 5 of my Book

A Story by Ciara Di Salle
"

Just an excerpt that I thought was relevant for the upcoming season

"

It was mid-October, and fall was finally in full swing. I loved the season, the colours of the leaves that scattered the dirt, and the crispness of the air. However, in Vancouver, the fall came with a large amount of rain, as well. It was a tedious time of year for most of my classmates, but I didn’t mind the rain. Being able to curl up to my laptop, or a good book, with the subtle spatter of the rain across all the windows in the house was paradise for me. There was a unique appeal to being warm, and cozy, when the air around you is cold. For me, it was a pleasure like no other to isolate myself in a cocoon of blankets and mild heat, or to sip hot chocolate and toy with gooey, softened marshmallows while the rain falls outside the window, and the temperature gradually lowers to that of winter months. 

© 2013 Ciara Di Salle


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice actually its beautiful... but I don't know I have read most of your poems and all of their tones are more or less the same. As a reader, I want to see something new. :)



Posted 10 Years Ago


Ciara Di Salle

10 Years Ago

That's good to know! I'll be sure to try something new as an experiment :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

312 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 15, 2013
Last Updated on September 15, 2013
Tags: fall, autumn, halloween, october, chapter, excerpt, book

Author

Ciara Di Salle
Ciara Di Salle

Canada



About
My name is Ciara, I am 17 years old. I am an artist, a student, and a writer. I am currently working on my first novel. I love Doctor Who, Sherlock, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Torchwood, Supernatural.. more..

Writing