Writers Karma

Writers Karma

A Story by Briana O'Connor
"

Cruel Plagiarism Prose Challenge

"

Such lack of respect,

Those dejected imbeciles,

Thriving on leeching the talent

From hard working souls.


The worthless at heart,

They scream insecurity,

No humility,

No integrity,

Not a fiber of good walks with them.


They smile at applause

On another man's work,

Cheesing as credit

Is bestowed in their name.


Ah, but that Karma,

It will catch them one day.

The writers,

we’re lurking,

waiting for a mistake.

© 2015 Briana O'Connor


Author's Note

Briana O'Connor
Please feel free to be as constructively honest as you wish. Any suggestions or corrections are much appreciated. Do not rate or review based on opinion or subject of this piece. If you would like the favor returned please send me a read request or a message with the piece you wish for me to review! Happy writing :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I think we know where this one finds its target, I believe in karma too but it can be good to strike back in the way we know best, this issue of late has lost me 2 friends on here not even involved in events just tired of it all, this poem is a good hard slap at plagiarism and is an excellent piece of poetry, well done Briana :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

R Smith

9 Years Ago

d****e canoe! never heard that before haha
Briana O'Connor

9 Years Ago

:D Some people are such a******s I have to invent words for them!
R Smith

9 Years Ago

which makes me see why your such a great poet and inventor of words :)



Reviews

The recent kerfuffle on here shows how careful a writer has to be to maintain possession of our work. Well expressed in this writing.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Briana O'Connor

9 Years Ago

Its too bad that copywrite under out work isn't legally binding.
I do believe that what we do with our words or with someone else's words will definitely come back to us and that is the thing I think that keeps me from gutting others for their rotten behavior sometimes. Theft is theft. You addressed this well in this one. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Briana O'Connor

9 Years Ago

thank you :D
Hello there!

Plagiarism is really becoming a theme to write about lately--and with reason, no doubt. I know that most of us on this site could write essays on how low plagiarists are, how utterly disrespectful the act is. You not only did a wonderful job describing the immense inferiority complex and pure soullessness of committing plagiarism, but the last stanza was what truly made me enjoy this poem. It gives those of us readers a bit of a fighting spirit--a chance to smirk and think "just you wait" (that sounded really dark...).

I truly enjoyed reading this, thank you for sharing it!

~MusicManiac

Posted 9 Years Ago


Briana O'Connor

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! I think the majority of the people writing about this .. read more
MusicManiac

9 Years Ago

You're welcome :) It's a shame that bad things happen to good people.
Well I have read quite a few of this writings in past weeks and if they are pointed to one of our fellow writer I think by now he could have began to get a general idea of what most think of his actions. As for the Karma and Retribuition I would have hoped for he site to bann, have mentioned it before but it won't happen. I know that is not entirely in line with the concept of Karma but at least it would have shown some level of commitment to the other wirters. As it is all guilt free. If Karma did argue though it would probably ask: Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her.

I woudn't

Thankyou



Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Briana O'Connor

9 Years Ago

thank you for taking the time to review. I do not actually know the person who is stealing others wr.. read more
I think we know where this one finds its target, I believe in karma too but it can be good to strike back in the way we know best, this issue of late has lost me 2 friends on here not even involved in events just tired of it all, this poem is a good hard slap at plagiarism and is an excellent piece of poetry, well done Briana :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

R Smith

9 Years Ago

d****e canoe! never heard that before haha
Briana O'Connor

9 Years Ago

:D Some people are such a******s I have to invent words for them!
R Smith

9 Years Ago

which makes me see why your such a great poet and inventor of words :)
As a writer of the written arts almost nothing offends me more than someone who steals peoples work, I have always had to suffer through writers block and problems that I forced myself through as an author putting literally my blood sweat and tears in the process of finishing my work. I've never once considered plagiarism, because if I ever did it once, I couldn't be a true author. I love writing, I love reading, I love taking my time out of my day to tell my fellow artist that I think there work is good and for. Those who get praise for others hard work be damned they are scum and thieves and in my personal opinion should be charged the same way a person who steals any other object is. This is a great poem that brought out a lot of emotions in me after reading it one name popped into my head.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Briana O'Connor

9 Years Ago

has nobody reported him?
Malister Mikey

9 Years Ago

He was caught there was a big story on it called Tryst with a plagiarist
Briana O'Connor

9 Years Ago

good serves him right
Indeed we do lurk waiting to catch those who would dare steal the work we filled with our hopes and dreams. Karma is a rule not many in this world live by, regardless of how its comes to haunt them in life. It is a rule I live by.

This was well written and quite truthful. I don't have any real critisim to give. The structure was sound and the words flowed well. The emotions behind it are real and felt. Well done. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Briana O'Connor

9 Years Ago

thank you very much for your kind words

4
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1690 Views
37 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 25, 2014
Last Updated on May 18, 2015

Author

Briana O'Connor
Briana O'Connor

indianapolis, IN



About
Trying to come back to writing! Curious to see who all is still here and what new adventures their are to join! Creativity is my outlet, and I love learning and growing. Do not hesitate to be honest .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


If...... If......

A Poem by AprilRN1210