Inner Peace

Inner Peace

A Story by Arvad Lazar

I can feel my veins throbbing in my temple as irritation builds up in my head. I just want two minutes of peace, two minutes of silence, two minutes of nothing in my head. But all I hear is a deafening buzz, like a swamp of a zillion bees. I feel my head will explode.


I go in the balcony. Looking at lake in a distance might just calm me down a little.


It is of no help, everything looks gloomy.


“You may try meditating.” a little thought lights up, like a lone firefly amidst those zillion other bees.


I seriously consider following that firefly, I sit on the swig chair in my balcony, and set a five minutes timer in my phone, close my eyes fold, my legs and cradle myself in that half-egg shaped chair like a little kid.


The chair starts bobbing as soon as I lift my legs, alternating between a slow clockwise counter-clockwise motions.


I close my eyes and feel these motions of the chair, it somehow makes me feel clam.


I hear a few birds, some sing, some just make noise. I can make out there are crows, cuckoos, nightingale and a few others that I don't know.


The sound of birds drag my thoughts towards the lakes. The lake sits there like a big bowl of water, surrounded by trees.


I just listen and enjoy, to the birds, to the leaves rustling in the breeze, to the vehicles and their honing, to the kids playing, their cries for some one to take the catch. Someone is hammering away at something metallic, I listen to those blows.


I continue to listen.


I listen quietly, I feel the bobbing and the alternate clockwise the counter-clockwise motion of the chair. I feel the mild breeze brushing off my skin.


I hear to a woman yelling something at someone. I hear a bike zooming.

I hear a melody, it's the timer. I open my eyes. Everything looks bright now and the bees are gone. My irritation is gone, I feel calm and energized again. Finally, I have found the peace I was looking for.

© 2018 Arvad Lazar


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

54 Views
Added on July 14, 2018
Last Updated on July 14, 2018

Author

Arvad Lazar
Arvad Lazar

About
Hi All, I am new to writing and just wish to get some feedback. Thanks in advance more..

Writing
Sniffer Sniffer

A Story by Arvad Lazar


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Arvad Lazar


Money Money

A Book by Arvad Lazar