The Illusionist

The Illusionist

A Story by Adelia Alighieri
"

*clears throat* I had a very heavy heart when I wrote this.

"
"The sunset left a glaze of vermilion against the backdrop of the blue sky..."

And it's over... Like it was over twice before... So easily, so hopelessly, so colorlessly.

"As I sit there underneath the warmth of the peach tree..."


You were always there... To help me out. To reassure me. To secure me. To smile at me. To fly with me. To collect my thoughts and to tie them together. To whisper in my ear that you love me. To inform me it's time I better go home. To welcome me each day with open arms. To share with me your happiness and my happiness together. To advise me. To order me.

"The sweet and delicate scent of the peaches reminds me of the tenderness of our friendship..."


How desultory it always was for me. How cute it always was for me. How magical it always was for me. How memorable it always was for me. How silly it always was for me.

"I breathe in again. A mild breeze blows at my face; its chillness adding flavor to my skin..."


I lost you. And you. And now you too... Is it God's injustice? Or your veracity? Or simply my unluckiness?

"A teardrop softly kisses my cheek and falls silently onto the leafy bed on the ground..."


After all I tried, my senses had given up to you. They surrender at your thought. They relish your memories. Your charm. Your grace.

"I close my eyes tightly, as tightly as I could. I don't care about the picturesque sight the world shows me..."


And I had thought so much. Planned so much. Lived through so much. Hoped for so much. Fought for so much. Loved for so much...

"I feel numb. Dead. I don't see the vermilion glaze of the sun; I don't smell the sweet peaches; I don't feel the tears rolling down my pale skin; I don't hear the whistling breeze; I don't taste the bitterness of your absence. I'm numb."

I'm afraid I can't write another word...

© 2013 Adelia Alighieri


Author's Note

Adelia Alighieri
It's very vivid. The whole idea.
Cheerio. =)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Once again, I am stunned by your phrases and imagery:

"The sunset left a glaze of vermilion against the backdrop of the blue sky..."

and

"I breathe in again. A mild breeze blows at my face; its chillness adding flavor to my skin..."

Quite definitely vision and talent. I do like the way you write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I'm awestruck and so jealous. This couldn't have been better. What imagery you create, only you know how to do it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


wonderful... the flow the imagery... i loved it arwa... great work...

Posted 13 Years Ago


Once again, I am stunned by your phrases and imagery:

"The sunset left a glaze of vermilion against the backdrop of the blue sky..."

and

"I breathe in again. A mild breeze blows at my face; its chillness adding flavor to my skin..."

Quite definitely vision and talent. I do like the way you write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

(advice me)...change to "advise" And here, "I close my eyes tightly, as tightly as I could"..tense confusion...suggest changing either "close" to "closed" or "could" to "can" to make the tense the same.

So much for technical advice...now for content. I thought this was simply amazingly beautiful with excellent word choices. It exudes the feel of loss and the suffering of pain quite realistically and employs some wonderful mechanisms to do so. The senses played against the sense of loss and the numbness that separates the two borders on genius. You have a great natural gift for striking images. 100% from me.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very enchanting story. I'm in a blissful state after reading it. It's a very mysterious and intimate story to me. Fabulous job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Such a powerfully moving flow of thoughts.. beautiful and bittersweet. There was joy in a moment, and then painful reflection of loss. Amazing reflections...

Posted 13 Years Ago


What beautiful imagery here. (:

Posted 13 Years Ago


nicely written...the imagery was wonderful and the accompanying emotions too...and the last line makes me wonder, while you were writing this, whether you were reliving the pain, thus you can't write anymore.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This one is simply amazing! I just reread it, and it touched not my heart, but my soul! Amazing piece of work! Really written from the heart ;) :P keep it up! XD

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

405 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 27, 2009
Last Updated on July 9, 2013


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..