Scene 2-For Sennah

Scene 2-For Sennah

A Screenplay by Azure Montessa (Blue)
"

Continuation of "Three Points"

"

For Sennah

 

Characters: Hans (21), Azure (18)

Setting: In a beautiful meadow, the present.

 

Before leaving the bar, Hans has managed to make Azure drink a glass of beer saying that the party experience won't be complete without one. Then he introduces her to his favorite spot in town, a beautiful meadow. They lie side by side (shoulders touching) while watching the stars.

 

Hans: I shouldn't have made you drink.

 

Azure: I am not drunk, Hans. I swear!

 

Hans: Sure you are.

 

Azure: Okay. Give me a problem.

 

Hans: You already are a problem. Look at you.

 

Azure (rolls eyes): Naah... How about a Math problem?

 

Hans: What's it to you?

 

Azure: If I can solve it, it means I am not drunk. Hurry up!

 

Hans: I don't know any.

 

Azure: Don't tell me you are not listening to your Math classes, you silly little boy. Eh? Eh? Give me a math problem. Quick!

 

Hans: One plus one.

 

Azure: Of course six.  (laughs deliriously) Forget it. It's two, right? See? I'm still sane. Now, what about equations with the alphabet?

 

Hans: Variables?

 

Azure: Exactly! What are the equations called?

 

Hans: Algebraic, I think. I'm not into Math, really.

 

Azure: Yeah! Those algebraic equations. Come on!

 

Hans: I'll get you home now.

 

(He prepares to get up but her arm stops him.)

 

Azure: Oops! Not too early, darling. How about x+10=5? Eh? It makes sense, right? If you are too smart, answer that.

 

Hans: Negative five.

 

Azure: Wow. You really are one intelligent man. See? I'm not drunk. I can perfectly describe you still. Now, quiz me about any of Shakespeare's works.

 

Hans: Time to go home now, Miss Know-It-All.

 

(He tries to get up but her arm stops him. Again.)

 

Azure (chanting): Home, home, home. Home is where the heart is...

 

Hans (gets her arm away from his chest): Yep! And you are going to where your heart is. Now. (sounds firm)

 

Azure (shakes her head): Nope. Nope. You have my heart so here is my home--right beside you. (chuckles) That sure sounds mushy, doesn't it?

 

Hans: It's three o'clock, you know. What would your parents think?

 

Azure (chanting): Let bygones be bygones...

 

Hans: Seriously, Az...

 

Azure: Down worry, silly. I told my mother I'd be in a bar and I'd be back in the morning.

 

Hans: Did she believe you?

 

Azure: Of course! I'm her daughter. And a pretty good one. I've been really good all my life!

 

Hans: Didn't she stop you at all?

 

Azure: Stop me? (chuckles) Darling, she's more thrilled than I am! She said (mimicks her mom's shrill voice) "It's time you go out of your room, meet normal people, and have some fun outside  books!" (returns to her original voice) She's happy I finally have a social circle.

 

Hans (impressed): You have a cool mother. What did your dad say?

 

Azure: Dad never says no to me. I told him, "Dad, I'm going to a bar this Friday." He just grunted so that means yes. I won't be surprised if one day I'd burst out, "Dad, I want to get pregnant!" and grunt would be his response. (laughing)

 

Hans (curious): Why is he like that?

 

Azure: I wish I knew. (pouts) Know what? I have this feeling my parents want to get rid of me soon.

 

Hans (teasingly): I'd love to share my bed with you.

 

Azure (sounding childlike): Can I get to choose which side of the bed I'd be sleeping?

 

Hans (amused): I wouldn't mind.

 

Azure: Right next to the wall, then. I love walls.

 

Hans (smiling): Sure, beautiful. Anything you want.

 

Azure (suddenly rolls to one side, facing Hans): Say it again!

 

Hans: Anything you want?

 

Azure: The earlier part.

 

Hans: I...I forgot.

 

Azure (eyes wide in shock): Did you just call me beautiful? Eh? Eh?

 

Hans: I think I did.

 

Azure: You mean it?

 

Hans: Yes, of course.

 

Azure (eyebrows crossed): Odd.

 

Hans: Now, why are you wearing that face? (chuckling but curious)

 

Azure (voice almost inaudible): I think it's just odd...to be called beautiful...

 

Hans: Why odd? Any girl would trade her soul just to be called beautiful.

 

Azure: All my life I have been called names. Nerd. Smart. Old maid. Freak. All except beautiful. No, never beautiful...

 

Hans: But you are! It just takes the right pair of eyes to see it.

 

Azure: Why do you think I'm beautiful?

 

Hans: Should there always there be a reason for the existence of beauty?

 

Azure: Hmmm...

 

Hans: Aren't my three points enough?

 

Azure: They're the reasons why I'm unique. Extraordinary. Not beautiful.

 

Hans (stroking her hair): Unique is beautiful. Extraordinary is beautiful.

 

Azure (smiles): Perfect! (She claps her hands.)

 

Hans: You are so cute when you do that. Cute and hot at the same time...

 

Azure: Ohh, you think so?

 

Hans: Yes. Especially tonight. You are wearing a sexy shirt and your hair is like that--what's with that look?

 

Azure: What look?

 

Hans: It seems like you are undressing me with your eyes. (grinning)

 

Azure (voice has changed): How did you know what I'm thinking?

 

Hans: You are easy to read, Darling. Now, stop that.

 

Azure: Stop what?

 

Hans: Biting your lip.

 

Azure: Why? Would you rather bite it for me?

 

Hans: Darling, darling. You are driving me crazy.

 

Azure: In a good way or bad way?

 

Hans: A wild combination of both.

 

Azure: Good! (She positions herself on top of him.) Are you game for a little craziness?

 

Hans (uneasy, nervous, undecisive):  Think this through.

 

Azure: Sometimes,  I hate thinking. It robs me of pleasure.

 

Hans (trying to sound firm): But thinking saves us from a lifetime of regrets?

 

Azure: All my life all I do is think and think. Let this be the night when we forget about what's right and wrong... (starts unbuttoning his polo shirt)

 

Hans (squirming): Let me just tell you some things, okay? First, you really look hotter than hell tonight.

 

Azure: Thank you. (bats eyelashes)

 

Hans: I also want to remind you that you are under the influence of beer.

 

Azure (rolling her eyes, impatient): The sky is blue. The earth is sphere. What else don't I know, darling?

 

Hans: I would love to kiss you with so much passion and make love to you right here, right now.

 

Azure: And all this nonsense talk is just preventing you from doing what you want. Now, don't give me a hard time, gorgeous. (kisses him but Hans pulls away immediately)

 

Hans (breathless): W-wait!

 

Azure (almost angry): What now, Hans? I can't believe I'm playing the role of a villain here.

 

Hans: Darling... Before you get mad again, think of Sennah.

 

Azure: That's why I'm doing this. I'd love to see her, you know. (a playful smile on her lips)

 

Hans: Imagine she's already five years old. She asks you questions like, "How was I made?"

 

Azure: Let me show you. (tries to kiss him but he presses a finger on her lips)

 

Hans: No, really... I want you to consider this. Would you like to tell her we made love in a meadow at three in the morning while you were intoxicated? Would you like our daughter to be a fruit of one youthful sin, conceived outside the confines of marriage? (lets go of his finger from her lips, letting her speak)

 

Azure (raising a brow): How did you become so philosophical?

 

Hans (beaming): Beer.

 

Azure: Why does it have the opposite effect on me?

 

Hans: Because you're too innocent for your own good. (pats her head)

 

(She rides off him and sits cross-legged beside him. Hans sits upright, too.)

 

Azure (guilty): I can't  believe I've been such a fool, Hans. Really! That was out of character...

 

Hans: I understand... Are you now okay?

 

Azure: How shall I know? (looks at him helplessly)

 

Hans: I think you're quite better. At least your thoughts are making sense now. (smirks)

 

Azure (alarmed): But my head still hurts like crazy. And my eyes are out of focus!

 

Hans: Sleep it off. You will feel better in the morning, love.

 

Azure: I wish. I never should have get drunk.

 

Hans: I never should have let you. I have no idea you have very low tolerance on alcohol.

 

Azure (wistful): At least we have learned something valuable tonight.

 

Hans: At least I have discovered that naughty side of you. (smirks)

 

Azure (impressed): Know what? Your self-control is commendable.

 

Hans: Please don't try to seduce me next time, okay? You have no idea how close I was to saying yes tonight. (smiles and winks)

 

Azure: No more beers! For Sennah! (fist in the air)

 

Hans (grinning): For Sennah!

 

 

 

© 2013 Azure Montessa (Blue)


Author's Note

Azure Montessa (Blue)
Hans and Azure are intelligent college students. Both happen to be defensive and argumentative when in a heated fight. Maybe that's one of the reasons why "Three Points" is too structured, inappropriate for the setting and all. Another reason is my lack of knowledge on what-should-be's in screenplay. When I wrote "Three Points" I got so thrilled with the thoughts flying back and forth that I didn't do major revisions on the draft.

"For Sennah" is the continuation. Their language has somehow loosened up, maybe because of the beer, or maybe because they're no longer in an argument.

I am wholeheartedly thankful for those who have read my first screenplay and gave me honest and constructive reviews. You really rock, guys! :)

Anyway, I don't care if my screenplays wouldn't amount to anything much. I enjoy writing them and I will continue doing so even without reviews.

Thank you once again! :) :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Reviews

Since the key in a play is of course the dialogue everything rides on what the characters say. This reads very naturally - well done.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Blue

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much!
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
BL
A good read and well balanced dialog.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Azure Montessa (Blue)

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Bluely. :)
This is a nice change. I find once I start writing a short story, I have to finish it before moving on. I am also trying to write a screen play from a short story I would. Bravo. for your work. Keep doing what you love to do.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Azure Montessa (Blue)

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Donald. I'd love to read your screenplay, too. :)
haha this made me laugh. I needed that thanks hun xo Winter

Posted 10 Years Ago


Azure Montessa (Blue)

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Winter. :)
Screenplays are sort of a "framework". You describe the scene and the action, not as you would for a story or novel, but as a rough layout for the director to build from. Your dialog is also a framework for the actors to build from. You can always find a few scripts of recent movies to download and read through, which is the fastest way to see what I mean. If you can find the first or second drafts (something other than the finished movie version), you can compare the two and see how things were developed, changed, or dropped entirely to streamline the story. It's worth the effort to take the time to learn how to put together a screenplay; you never know - you may write an award winning film with a little practice and effort.

Don't believe me? Go research the history behind the movie "Clerks".

Posted 10 Years Ago


Azure Montessa (Blue)

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Doug. I appreciate your help so much. :)
Thank you... I realized it was a script early in the piece & not a poem... Interesting reading & if you have a passion for this work... go for it.. thanks for sharing :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Azure Montessa (Blue)

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much. I have always wanted to write a novel but what interests me really is the flow of.. read more
I agree with the below comment....where's the rest if this work??????? Is that really all???? Surly my dear fellow writer, you couldn't have just left us with this and nothing more. No add on? No to be continued? Great job!!!! Loved it! :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Azure Montessa (Blue)

10 Years Ago

You had me smiling, Kate, and wow, I'm blown away by your comment. I had written four scenes so far .. read more
Still want to read more!! Great screenplay this is the best one I have read ever!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Azure Montessa (Blue)

10 Years Ago

That's too much of a compliment, Manda, thank you. :)
Wit ... beer ... philosophy and then Sennah ... and the awareness that she'll want to know about herself someday. Sweet memories make for quite a story of us. Nice.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Azure Montessa (Blue)

10 Years Ago

You summed it up pretty well. And thanks for taking the time to read this long piece. :)
This is very good, so good I could imagine it all happening as I read it.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Azure Montessa (Blue)

10 Years Ago

Richie, I'm glad. Hans and Azure seem like true persons to me, not only fictional. Thank you for you.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

701 Views
32 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 31, 2013
Last Updated on November 4, 2013
Tags: Sennah, three points, three points part two, drunk


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..