Before you go...

Before you go...

A Poem by Azure Montessa (Blue)
"

12/25/13

"

Before you go...

...look at me in the eyes
like when we first met.
...hold me in your arms
in a way I'll never forget.
...intertwine our hands
just like last Valentine.
...kiss my lips
as if you're forever mine.

Before you go...

...think of me
and how I dearly love you.
...remember us
and all that we've been through.
...rewind everything
from beginning until today.
...pause the moment
you promised me you'd stay.

Before you go...

...bring with you
the picture of my face.
...look at it
when you're lost in a maze.
...travel far and wide
but 'home' you will never see.
...know, please know
you can always come back to me.

© 2013 Azure Montessa (Blue)


Author's Note

Azure Montessa (Blue)
Goodbyes are always painful.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This poem has an excellent unravelling story. I feel desperation for the speaker to have her speaker never forget her, and a desperation for the way things were before. I agree with your friend that relationships are never "forever" but the memories certainly are.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Blue

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much, Annie!
Indeed goodbyes are always painful.

I remember a friend who criticized me for using the word "forever" in my article. To him, nothing lasts forever. We do have a healthy argument. In the end, I surrendered. Why not? I have been a patron of that word for so long...because I don't want to lose hope for something. But the reality keeps on showing before my face- nothing lasts forever. So goodbyes are only part of our lives. After those sweet "hellos", expect the sad "goodbyes"...because nothing is really permanent here on earth. Even people change.
We cannot hold all things forever in our arms. People come and go and we should learn to accept that.

I'm telling you this because I have been there several times. Now, I'm getting ready to face another parting...to hear another goodbye.

This is life, Blue. So I have learned to enjoy every moment when I'm with the things I like and those people I love. Dance while the music is playing.


This is bittersweet. You always make something exceptional.

I can see you're good heart in this piece, the way I see myself in my past. I have told you we have some things in common and called you my sister here. But I know you're also a dreamer, and I'm just happy to see you explore the new world you just have discovered. You are talented and I know you can reach your goals.

I'm just here, a message away. You know where you can reach me.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Blue

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much, Ate! You always amaze me with the way you elaborate your insights. ;)
Painfully expressed, but at the same time simple and honest, even though a degree of bitterness and perhaps even slight anger could be detected in the lines. It is certainly what anyone going through this would feel, and I think the last line is the saddest, as it shows that even after having her heart ripped out, she'd welcome him back.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Blue

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much, Eddie. A pleasure to read your review always.
A pining and loving tone in this one. But also a tinge of hurt and even anger? Strange when someone else chooses our fate just how awful it feels.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Blue

10 Years Ago

Thank you, John!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

703 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 26, 2013
Last Updated on December 26, 2013
Tags: before you go, goodbye, heartbreak


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..