“...The Most Incredibly Gorgeous Smile I've Ever Seen."

“...The Most Incredibly Gorgeous Smile I've Ever Seen."

A Chapter by ashalyn
"

Aaron has a secret. A secret that kills him inside from the day he lays eyes on Angel, instantly falling for her, for his secret is that he was sent... to kill her.

"
Why did he stare? I say ‘he’ because I didn’t yet know his name. I thought ‘he’ was beautiful, gorgeous, the word fit just didn’t cover it. I glanced up again from my Physics text book to find his guarded gray eyes still on me. His poker straight black hair covering half of his left eye, it frustrated me that I could only see his eyes and not into them, he was... unreadable. He was tall, lean and muscular, I could just imagine his perfectly sculpted chest under that school shirt... Concentrate! You have a test tomorrow, you do not need anymore distractions! I thought, thankfully pulling my attention back to my Physics book but also unfortunately reminding myself of the many tiresome teenage troubles in my life.

Why do I even have to study? I knew this stuff before I was nine for goodness sake! At that I put my notebook back into my bag and went to return the text book to it’s shelf; I would probably go over my notes tonight after I’d done my Maths homework and Music revision.

I suddenly realized I was practically drowned with homework. If I didn’t take it easy I was going to get a spot from the stress. I imagined a large puss filled spot on my pale face, revolted by the idea of attaining any kind of blemish on my skin I decided I would skip homework tonight and go out. I didn’t think it was classed as vain to not want to get a spot, does anyone want to get a spot?
I peeked past the book shelf to see that ‘he’ was no longer staring, relief and sadness washed through me. Why was I sad that he wasn’t staring at me? Staring at other people in the library was just well... weird and creepy, the chances are it’s cause you fancy him; did I fancy him? Well he was unbearably gorgeous but that probably wasn’t why I was so allured by him, probably. He was so mysterious, for one I didn’t know his name, he was in all my classes, he’d never talked to anyone; he did however smile the most amazing smile ever at me every morning at Registration. I pictured his gorgeous smile spread across his glowing face.

“What are you doing in the textbook section?” I turned around to see that Donna was standing behind me, her pale brown hair pulled back into a side pony tail that sat at her neck. Fern green eyes filled with curiosity as she peeked around me to see what (well who) I was looking at. “Oooo, taken a fancy to the guy, well by the looks of it new fit bloke, yum, good choice, Angel. Is that the one that keeps staring at you? And have you now decided to return his interest by staring back?” My head was spinning, way to many questions at once!

“Okay, one, I am in the textbook section because I already have so much homework and revision to do and a Physics test to prepare for which will be sat tomorrow, encase you have forgotten. Two, I have not, as you put it, ‘taken a fancy to the new boy’ -”

“I changed his status to the new, fit bloke if you recall correctly!” Donna smiled mischievously, I blushed. “Ooooo, you do like him, well I suppose it’s kind of hard not to, but I remain loyal to my loving lover, Ryan, you can have the new fit bloke.”

“You interrupted me answering the questions that you asked! And... yes I’ll admit it, I do like him and thanks for letting me have him even though I don’t see how you can have a claim on a human being.” Thank goodness we we're speaking quietly enough that nobody with in a meter of us could possibly make out what we were saying.

“Sorry, and you’re welcome, continue?”

“Okay, three, yes it is the guy that keeps staring at me. Four no I have no decided to start staring at him too, I was merely seeing if he was still staring at me.”

“Hmm, has he talked to you yet? Do you know his name?”

“No and no,” I frowned, then sighed. A part of me wished he would talk to me but another part hoped he didn’t. What would I say if he did talk to me? Would I be able to say anything at all? Would I com bust from joy? Or just faint in embarrassment? “he just smiles at me every morning in Registration.”

“Does he have a nice smile? I’ve never seen it.”
“It’s quite nice, I suppose.” Donna looked at me, she was dissatisfied and a little miffed at my answer knowing that wasn’t really what I thought. “Alright! It is quite possibly the most incredibly gorgeous smile I’ve ever seen,” I blushed again.

“Aw, Angel’s in love,”

“I don’t even know his name!”

“Well,” Donna grabbed my wrist, “let’s go ask him what it is!” She started half dragging me to the other side of the library, towards the new boy (or new, fit bloke as Donna had relabeled him).

“Wait, let me just go take out this book okay?” I held the copy of Lament by Maggie Stiefvater, I had already read her Wolves of Mercy Falls Trilogy (and cried my eyes out doing so, might I add).

“As long as you promise me that you will give to me to read as soon as you’re finished!” Donna shared my love for Maggie’s works. I began walking over to the Librarian’s desk, she smiled at me as I approached.

“Hello, Angel, just taking this out?” Mrs Forbes was relatively young, as the school’s staff go, around mid-late twenties probably. She had dark brown hair and kind looking muddy brown eyes.

“Yip,” I turned around to see if Donna was watching me, as Mrs Forbes searched for my library card. Donna was having a look at some murder mystery novels on a shelf near where I had left her. She was facing the opposite way from me, I could make my escape now.

“Here you are,” Mrs Forbes handed me the book.

“Thank you,” I put on a cheerful voice and quickly left the library, I was afraid that Donna would catch me and pull me back, but thankfully she didn’t. I lent against the glass panel wall of the library and put Lament into my bag. I put my head back and sighed. The sun glowed a buttery yellow light into the Lunch Hall, other pupils chatted and laughed, one boy was being told off for blowing up a condom like a balloon by Mr Matherson (The Headmaster). I closed my eyes and felt the warmth of the pre-spring sun on my face. If you like him you’re probably going to have to talk to him sooner or later. But hopefully no today, there’s no way you’re prepared. No way. Will I ever be prepared? Possibly not. Probably not. No definitely not. Definitely.

“Hey,” the voice was apprehensive and smooth, smooth like honey or silk but deep. I turned my head to see that the speaker was him. Donna was standing behind his shoulder, she winked at me. I gave her a quick glare and then smiled nervously at him. He smiled that fantastic smile back, this one seemed to be more gloriously beautiful than the others I could remember. This time when I looked into his eyes, I could see him. Into him. He liked me to. Maybe even a much as I liked him. Is that even possible? No it couldn’t be. “I’m Aaron, Donna tells me you name is Angel?” It seems you’ll have to speak to him, even though you had established that you are definitely not prepared and probably never, ever will be.


© 2011 ashalyn


Author's Note

ashalyn
Hope you like it! :) x please leave a review, I love finding out what people think of my stories x

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

212 Views
Added on September 25, 2011
Last Updated on September 25, 2011
Tags: dark romance, teen, teen romance, devil, god, angel, angels, devils, young adult


Author

ashalyn
ashalyn

Alloa near Stirling, Scotland, United Kingdom



Writing
He's Not Dead He's Not Dead

A Chapter by ashalyn


Hyacinth Hyacinth

A Chapter by ashalyn