Miracle

Miracle

A Story by ayesha cullen

Heart was beating real fast when you decided to show up unexpectedly at my door step. It wasn't the same as it was before. It felt different, and it felt real. More real than what I had previously imagined it to be. 

The blood inside that the heart pumped was out and just yours and I was convoluted at the submission of my desires in your presence that quite didn't match with my pace of grasping the outer world. It was a moment I wanted to watch from a distance, and a moment that lurched towards me, imploring me to accept what was happening. Being on two minds is the most despised of all things. But, at that moment, I had one foot on each, and the minds were undulating like a river. 

When my eyes finally gathered enough grit to look up at yours, yours changed colour. They were not brown anymore, but turned into an intense black, that had me thinking about their role in playing. They had a dark soul in them, your eyes. They were cold and magnetic, and like a black hole, where my eyes felt being pulled out of their sockets and whammed into yours sans a sound. Of course, as the pattern of things would have gone otherwise, it went pretty unconventional then. But, to step my foot on the one unconventional thing was difficult. I would excitedly blame the state of quandary I was put into with just three cups of caffeine. I, in fact, failed to notice your missing green cravat in my caffeine-induced system until your hands voluntarily unbuttoned the first two of your shirt buttons. 

However, with everything remaining constant, you took a terrifying step forward or, maybe I was terrified. It was always a violent upshot when you did it, and each time, your dramatis personae would come to life, albeit, materializing in an evil, tempestuous spirit. Giving in to your intensity had been a quotidian affair, and knowing way too well my weakness, you sucked onto my soul with everything you had, while I was at your mercy; something I always indulged in while clinging on to the dark, and dangerous within you. That got me nervous while you stayed put at what you were revelling in; it was when we grooved, I became a slave to your passionate rhythm. 

And, even though there was nothing I could gain dominance over, my hands had found their way back to where your spirits couldn't tread. It was what you always kept hidden and paralyzed into silence when you slept. It was a part of you I gave life to, and just as it hit you, you stopped, and looked back at me. Wonder at the intriguing state of biological affairs, that, my heart started beating faster and, when you felt it throb, your eyes changed colour, and back to the brown that they used to be: mystical and beautiful. It was no longer cold. 

I felt the warmth of your hands when your fingers were entwined with mine as you whispered to me, "You are my Miracle". 

© 2017 ayesha cullen


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Added on November 13, 2017
Last Updated on November 13, 2017

Author

ayesha cullen
ayesha cullen

India



About
A romantic by nature; a realist by default. more..

Writing