Basit memorial road safety campaign

Basit memorial road safety campaign

A Story by Asra Hakak
"

Alert today Alive tommorow

"
Basit's death left all of us in deep shock .

All his friends family you me everyone around.
He went but left behind wailing hearts and searching eyes.
He left us with a heartache that will stay forever.

Just imagine what everyone back at his home would be feeling like
What his parents would be going through
Child loss is a loss like no other
His friends his relatives how they would be dealing with this loss.
There will never come a day , hour, minute or second when this accident will not strike them.
There is no moving on or getting over this.
There is no bow, no fix, no solution to the heartache he gave.
There is no end to the ways they will grieve and for how long they will grieve. There is no glue for their broken heart, no elixir for this pain , for as long as they live they will be reminded of him.

Just think of his mother his father is this what they bought him up for . To see him dead like this .
A child's loss is not one finite event it is a continuous loss that will unfold minute by minute over the course of their life time.

Just think of that brother who had a back to lean on where will he go now who will he fight with now all he is left with is to fight back his tears.

His sister, who will she treat as her son he was youngest in the family she has been treating him like a kid who will she pamper now  who will lay his head in her lap.

His best friend, who will call him in the middle of the night who will he call impossible who will accompany him for vacations who will come banging at his door like a boss acting his home was his own.

He left empty spaces in their lives Empty chair at the dining, empty room, empty space in every family picture. Empty, vacant, forever gone for this lifetime. Empty spaces that should have been full. There is and will always be a missing space in their lives,  families, a forever-hole-in-their-hearts. Time does not make the space less empty. Neither do platitudes, cliches or well-wishes for us to “move on,” or “stop dwelling,” from well intentioned friends or family. Nothing does. No matter how you look at it, empty is still empty. Missing is still missing. Gone is still gone. The problem is nothing can fill it. Minute after minute, hour after hour, day after day, month after month, year after heartbreaking year the empty space will remain empty.

The empty space of our missing beloved will last a lifetime.
His death is a grief that will last a lifetime And so we will rightfully miss him forever.


Let's make an effort that this loss doesn't go in vain.
Let's learn a lesson from it
Let's take a step so no more lives are lost because of such negligence.
Let's make sure no other family goes through this hell.

With this concern let's initiate road safety concerns . we can't keep losing precious lives like these.
All accidents are preventable, if we all do our bit and become accountable.
Practicing these simple rules will assure safety.
Just  wearing a helmet and seat belt is all it would take.
Do you think adapting this habit is anything much.
This simple step would surely be of great relief to all of us. Isn't it?

Next time before leaving home and  riding off without a helmet or seat belt just know someone is awaiting your come back.  just close your eyes for a second and think of your family your friends your people,  think of them just for a second and make sure you don't make them go through the hell that we are going through right now.

© 2016 Asra Hakak


Author's Note

Asra Hakak
It's a humble request to all of you to be safe on roads
Help us by spreading this word
Copy link to your dear ones
You can save a life :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hello Asrar...its really a big loose to his family, to his friends ,to all his beloved ones...May ALLAH(SWT) grant him JANNAH..Ameen...whatever happens in ones life it always teaches us a big lesson.And yes, this loose has also taught all of us a big lesson...And I definitely hope that this campaign will help people to understand the value of life and safety too.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2407 Views
1 Review
Added on November 29, 2016
Last Updated on November 29, 2016
Tags: WearSeatBelt, WearHelmet, DriveSafe, DriveSlow, SpreadTheWord

Author

Asra Hakak
Asra Hakak

India



About
Thoughts are rare to come and pressures of life make less what one knows but notes help to remember and reflect.I write down my thoughts, thoughts that have no name given,I write down dreams and night.. more..

Writing
TELL ME TELL ME

A Poem by Asra Hakak