Amira

Amira

A Story by Alewis
"

Amira is a rebellious vampire princess..who has a ceremony coming up and she needs to choose a prince but instead she ends up falling for her Vampire friend Myrin.

"

     “Princess you must come now, the carriage awaits you.” My servant was at the door, beckoning me to come.

     “And if I choose not to?” I asked impudently.

     “Do you wish to disappoint your parents then?” In a flash I stepped in front of him.

     “How dare you! My parents are dead!” he coward and bowed his head.

     “I meant no disrespect Princess.”

     “Yes you do,” I snapped his neck. The sun had just begun to set and I had to visit my uncle’s castle. I am Princess Amira. I am one of the eternal damned. Soon I would become queen. I walked out of my room and walked to the carriage.

     “I am thirsty,” I told my governess. She nodded and disappeared into the night. A few minutes later she returned with two dead bodies. I picked one and drained it. The blood was still warm and I felt my energy level rise.

     “I don’t need the second. Help yourself,” I stepped into the carriage and thought of the day my parents died.

.     .     .     .

     The night was serene. I was only six years old and was in my room, starring out my window when the servant ran in.

     “Princess, you must come now!” he pulled me into his arms.

     “What is happening?”

     “Someone is trying to attack. We must get you to safety!” As soon we were down the hall, my room exploded in a torrent of fire. I screamed and wished it to be over.

     “Amira!” I heard my mother scream my name for the last time. Someone I didn’t recognize used their sword and beheaded her. I screamed again as I noticed my father’s body, lifeless also.

     “Put me down!” I commanded. The servant thought it over and did as I said. I was angry and screamed again. Everything and everyone that was in my way was destroyed. That was the first time I’d used my power.

.     .     .     .

     “Princess? Are you okay?” I realized I was crying.

    “I wish to leave now. My uncle does not want me to be late.” The driver nodded and we began the trip.

     My uncle was at my new palace I was to now stay at. I was turning 16 in two days. There would be a massive celebration and I have to choose my future prince. I sighed silently. It seemed to take awhile before we finally arrived.

     “Ah, if it isn’t my wonderful niece.” He smiled and hugged me. “You have grown.”

     “Well, you look the same as always,” I glanced and noticed someone with a pulse. “Has someone started to pick up strays?” I smirked.

     “He works for me Amira. Do not attack him.” Uncle’s voice was stern.

     “Oh, I won’t. But if he thinks of killing me…”I glanced towards the human and smiled. “I won’t hesitate,” I walked into my castle and felt as if something good was going to happen.

      “Well, well, if it isn’t The Little Killer,” I turned to the voice.

      “Myrin!” I ran and hugged him.

      “Hey kiddo, how u been?”

      “I’m not a kid. I am 15 years old. My birthday is in two days.”

     “Yes that’s true. Are you ready?” he asked. Myrin was an old friend of mine. He was an adult, while I was just beginning to mature.

     “I am not. I don’t want to choose, but hopefully there will be good blood,” I smiled.

     “Ha ha, there always is. Are you thirsty now?”

     “No not at all. I wish to rest now.” I was shown to my room and settled in. I dismissed the maids and slept peacefully.

      I dreamt about Myrin. I’d had a crush on him when I was younger. He was my best friend. I woke up to a knock at my door. I sat up and told them to come in. Some random person came in and he locked the door

     I grabbed my knife and got out of the bed.

     “Who are you?” I hissed. He was an older vampire. He looked at me with hungry eyes.

     “You don’t need to know my name, but you should know what I’m going to do to you.” He was in front of me and snatched the knife out my hand.

     “I’ll take this,” He put one hand against my neck and held me against the wall. “Just a little nibble won’t hurt.” He leaned in and tried to bite me. Then he was groaning in pain and fell to the floor.

     “Someone help me!” I shouted. I knew I was doing this to him. “You shall not return.” I told him. My door burst opened and Myrin was there with bodyguards.

     “Take the body out of here. I will stay with the girl tonight,” the guards nodded and left with the body.

     “Are you alright, Princess?” Myrin asked after a couple moments of silence.

     “Yes. I don’t like to be disturbed.”

     “You need to feed,” Myrin walked over to me and before I could stop him, he cut his wrist and put it to my lips. I had never tasted another vampire’s blood and Myrin’s was amazing. I didn’t expect the reaction that came from him as he pulled me closer. He cut his neck and I drank from him. His hands roamed. I remembered my party and pulled away quickly. I moved to the other side of the room. Myrin was still standing there, silent.

     “What just happened? It shouldn’t have.” I was breathing hard and so was Myrin.

      “I’m sorry. That was wrong of me.” He headed for the door, but I blocked him.

      “Stay. Please?” I didn’t want him to leave me. Myrin nodded and led me back to the bed. He tucked me in like the servants did and lay beside me.

      “Is this wrong? Or can I do as I please?” I asked.

     “It is wrong, but you are a rebellious thing.” I heard the m=smile in his voice. I turned towards him. He looked at me and his face was calm. I leaned my head on his shoulder and he relaxed.

      “I knew you liked me,” I told him.

      “How could one not love something as special as you?” he chuckled. I knew this was wrong but I wanted him, needed him in fact. I sat up and cut my hand and before he protested I put it against his mouth. He drank, but not for long.

       “What are you doing?” He asked.

       “I want you right now,” I was being crazy, but didn’t care. I kissed him and he kissed me back. He didn’t stop, and I was glad. It was the best night of my life.

 

     The next morning, I felt entirely wrong. Myrin wasn’t in my room. He must have left afterwards. The maids prepared me for the day. On my way to the east wing, I ran into the human that worked for Uncle.

     “You are a demon girl,” he accused. I started to laugh. How dare he mock me?

     “And what will you do about it?” I taunted.

     “I’m going to tell your uncle of your affair with Myrin.” That took the smile off my face. I glared at the human and pushed him against the wall.

     “You can’t hurt me!” I ignored him and bit down. His blood flowed into my mouth, sweet and warm.

     “Amira, stop! Right now!” I snapped up and saw Uncle and Myrin staring at me like they’ve never done before. I dropped the body and cleaned my mouth.

     “For a princess, you aren’t very clean. You are sloppy.” Uncle told me. I laughed. As if I was meant to be a neat killer.

     “What is the point of you ruining my breakfast? He is lucky to be alive.”

     “I told you not to kill him.”
     “He crossed me. What I do is no human’s business!” I snapped.

     “What did he say?” I was going to tell the truth.

     “He mentioned Myrin being in my room last night. He took the body away.”

     “Ah, the incident last night. Myrin has told me all about it.”

     “He did?” my voice was shocked.

     “Oh, yes he told me all about your intruder. I’ll make sure we have more guards at the rear and front gates.” He reassured me.

     “Well. Good. I hope that man has a painful death.” I glanced at Myrin, nodded and walked away. I was way too nervous to face him. Tomorrow it would be my 16th birthday, and I would have to choose a prince. I laughed quietly to myself. I have no time for romance! I love to kill! It’s how I was raised. I saw a servant and went to him. He bowed.

     “I want to go out. I want a room prepared. I am going to invite humans to a…party.” I smiled wickedly.

      “Yes, Princess. I’ll get right to it.” He paddled down the hall quickly. I would forget about last night as if nothing ever happened.

     “Princess, are you ready to change?” my governess asked. I nodded and got prepared for a wild night.

 

     “Ooooh, the guests have arrived,” I greeted them seductively. “Is the room prepared?” I snapped at one of the servants, who nodded. I showed the men the room. I turned towards the servants.

     “I do not want to be disturbed,” I hissed. The door closed and I turned to the men. “You there!” I pointed to one. He was taller than me. Cute, round face. I looked him in the eye and he stared back. “You will let me drink you as long as I want. Understand?”

     “Yes I understand.” He repeated. I turn towards the others and spoke up.

     “You will all do the same.” Everyone nodded. “Let the party begin!” I grabbed a couple of guys and went over to the sofa. I bit them everywhere I could, enjoying their blood and the heat that pulsated through my body. Everyone was good and gave me what I wanted. As the party went on, I had a memory of when I was young.

.     .     .     .

     I was sitting in a small room, crying, missing my parents. I thought I was alone until someone touched my shoulder.

     Princess, why do you cry so much and ruin your pretty face?” I sniffled and looked up.

     “My mother and father are dead,” the man stood and thought of what to say.

     “Ah. So you must be Amira. The one I hear so much about. I am Myrin.” His face was so sincere. That was the first day I met Myrin. He’s been my friend ever since.

.     .     .     .

     I shook the memory from my head and got back to the party. I was a mess, covered in blood as I let the guys have their fun. The door opened and Myrin walked in. His facial expression was a mixture of disgust and anger. He walked over to me and pulled the guys away.

     “Myrin! What do you think you are doing?” I shouted.

     “No. What are you doing? How can you just throw yourself away like this?” He was mad.

     “This is who I am! I enjoy killing and having fun. No one will change me!”

     “Your ceremony is tomorrow. Is this how you choose to live? Waste eternity living like a heartless killer?” His words stung. He came closer and looked down at me. “Well?” he asked. I couldn’t answer his question. Not at all. Not now. He waited, but walked away ending the night.

 

     I didn’t want the next day to begin. I wanted to apologize and start over. I used to be the tough killer, but now I was losing myself. Maybe this was because today I became a more accurate vampire. Maybe it was some kind of emotional change. I thought quietly to myself. Today I was 16. I had to choose someone to choose to spend my eternity with. Myrin’s face flashed through my mind. How he looked last night when I didn’t answer him. I let it fade from my mind and prepared for my ceremony.

     The maids dressed me in a formal dress that flowed to the ground. It was a slinky mahogany dress with a neckline that plunged to just below my chest with crimson swirls decorating the fabric in sparkled twists. I looked in the mirror and laughed. All I saw was the dress. No matter, I’d let others make judgments on how I look. I walked towards the back. There was no sign of Myrin.

     “Ah, Cousin, you look like a grown vampire. Are you ready to celebrate your sixteenth thousandth year?” my cousin, Carmen, asked from behind. Yes I was celebrating my 1600th birthday.

        “Why yes. I am ready for my ceremony,” I gave her a quick kiss on the cheek.

       We walked out and I was greeted by cheering and hug. Then I saw him. Myrin was standing with his back towards me, speaking to someone. Half of these people…I didn’t even know.

      “Ladies and gentlemen! I present Princess Amira!” My uncle’s voice boomed. The people made a path for me and I walked to stand next to my uncle. Myrin was now looking at me.

      “Today, Amira has become a fully matured vampire. She has mastered all her requirements and is ready to take her place as queen of the eternally damned. But first, she must choose her prince. Show us the offerings!”

      I watched as about a dozen of the strongest looking males filed in. I couldn’t help but smile. None of them were Myrin.

       “I will let you choose now,” my uncle whispered to me.

       “There is no need, Uncle. I’ve already chosen who I want.” I saw Myrin’s face change in surprise.

       “Tell us then. Who have you chosen?”

       “Myrin. I choose Myrin of Tumbleweed. I have always loved him and always will. No one will replace him.” The crowd gasped as they heard my news. I looked at my uncle. He smiled.

       “Amira has spoken. As queen, she has made her choice which won’t be denied.”

        “Come Myrin. You know I hate to wait,” Myrin smiled and made his way through the crowd. Once he made it through, he took my hand and got down on one knee.

        “Amira, I swear my loyalty to you and to protect you with my life,” he kissed the back of my hand.

      “Ah, Myrin, you are one to be thorough,” I smiled. He rose and kissed me softly. The crowd cheered.

      It came out of nowhere. I smelled blood and saw the flames flicking the air. People started screaming and fleeing. I saw shadows come from the fire and they weren’t anyone I’d ever seen before. Myrin moved me behind him and got into a defensive pose.

     “They are the ones who sent your intruder.”

     “Well, well, well, isn’t he, a clever one,” the tallest of the four smirked. I could tell he was the leader by his cocky attitude.

     “Yes brother, he defends the princess,” the smallest spoke.

     “Excuse me?” I stepped from around Myrin and face the four of them. “I am Queen Amira. Did you enjoy the slaughter of my parents?” I asked. The four of them laughed. They exploded in laughter! I glared at them and they all fell to the ground screeching like pathetic children. The pain was only an illusion. If I wanted, I could have made them suffer…or die. I released and they were panting.

     “The rumors…are true,” the leader gasped. His name was Kayo. The others were Kayode, Kara, and Kaleb.

      “Do not under estimate what I can do,” I said.

      “Ha! You think you are all high and mighty? Well I’ve got news for you. Think again,” Kayode said. In a flash we were surrounded. Someone grabbed me from behind. I flipped them snapping their neck. Myrin was fighting Kayo as my uncle attacked Kayode.

       Everything was a blur of quick movements. I was attacking the weakest that came at me. I searched for Myrin and caught him pinned to the ground by Kayo.

       “Enough!” I shouted. Everyone froze. “You will not harm Myrin!” I lifted my hand and shot the energy towards Kayo. He flew back and was dead. Myrin came to my side. He wiped tears from my eyes.

       “It will be okay,” he cooed.

       “No it won’t. They have burned my home!”I was furious. “Myrin, you must get out my way.” He did as I said.

        I stepped into the middle of the battle field. I waved my arms and concentrated on destroying all evil that surrounded my home. I felt it was the time to release all the energy. I blacked out.

 

       I woke up in my bed with Myrin standing over me.

       “Is it over?” I asked.

       “Drink this, you will be better. Yes it is over.” I smiled and took a sip from the cup. It was Myrin’s blood.

        “Mmm, you still taste the same,” Myrin laughed and kissed me on the forehead, then the lips.

         “Rest my queen. We have much to rebuild.” He was absolutely right. But as long as he was with me, I could manage.

 

The End.

© 2011 Alewis


Author's Note

Alewis
i hope you like it :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

- m=smile
- Princess, why do you cry so much and ruin your pretty face?” I sniffled and looked up.
- “Well, well, well, isn’t he, a clever one,”
They were a couple things I had to point out. But that's it because this story was great :) It did seem a little fast but you rounded it back nicely and ended it great. I love happy endings :) I'm so glad she chose Myrin . Your story was fantastic and very interesting. Your descriptions were very nice and I liked the idea of vampire royalty. Thanks again for a great story :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

aweee.. i feel the same about the one i love, even if he isn't a vampire. I love vampire movies and stories and this one was really good:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Alewis

11 Years Ago

Thanks :)
- m=smile
- Princess, why do you cry so much and ruin your pretty face?” I sniffled and looked up.
- “Well, well, well, isn’t he, a clever one,”
They were a couple things I had to point out. But that's it because this story was great :) It did seem a little fast but you rounded it back nicely and ended it great. I love happy endings :) I'm so glad she chose Myrin . Your story was fantastic and very interesting. Your descriptions were very nice and I liked the idea of vampire royalty. Thanks again for a great story :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This kept me reading to the end. I like your idea of the story line, and you've written it well. Well done!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I really enjoy it(: I like it when there is vampire royalty and the old feeling of it. The only thing I felt was that it was a tad rushed, but I liked the plot and how Amira could save herself and her kingdom all by herself. Unique story and I really enjoyed reading(:

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I can't believe I missed this one. Marvelous. I loved how it came together. It was ever so flawless and creative with a deep plot.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I find that this had an interesting plot but it seemed to be sporadic and rushed. I like it but I think there's definitly room to improve. I hope to read more of your stories! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


thanks :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love this story! Well,I love everything that has vampires lol(: I love Myrin! Great job!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

620 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on July 30, 2011
Last Updated on July 31, 2011

Author

Alewis
Alewis

CA



About
i write stories about supernatural or jusst mabe once a normal setting more..

Writing
Adalia's Anger Adalia's Anger

A Story by Alewis


To Stay or Go? To Stay or Go?

A Story by Alewis



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


My Angel My Angel

A Story by Alewis


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Ace D Portgas