My Angel

My Angel

A Story by Alewis
"

its based on a dream my frend had since the 8th grade so i used whats she told me to make the story about how a guy cam but then left her.

"

     We stood in the middle of the forest clearing surrounded by fireflies. My head leaning against his chest. He let go of me and lo. I’m now looked me in the eyes.

     “Please, don’t go.” He backed away and was gone.

 

     I woke up to the sound of Libby scratching on the door. She was my beagle. She just turned ten.

     “Okay, Libby!” I got up and let her into the backyard.

     My name is Morcia Remington. I have two sisters and a brother. That dream has stayed with me since 8th grade. I’m now 16 years old and a junior. It has a meaning that I don’t understand. Who was that guy?

     “Morcia, come help me down here.” My mom called.

     “Coming!” I threw on my Shane Dawson shirt and a pair of faded jeans. My mom was standing in the kitchen. There was a broken glass on the floor. “What happened?”

     “Your father decided to break a vase.” She smiled. “Take a picture Morcia.”

     “Um, okay?” I took my cell phone out and took a picture of the vase. My mom explained that my father was in one of his moods. Something about the color of the vase. That’s my dad for you.

     “I’m going to um…go now. Bye Mommy!” I went out to my sky blue 60’s convertible Mustang. I loved this car. It was amazing. I got the car as an early birthday present. It meant a lot to me.

     I was on my way to the mall when I noticed my neighbor staring at me. Where had he come from? I was here alone just seconds ago. I pulled out of the driveway, waved, and left. It only took 15 minutes to get there. It was packed. I’ve always hated crowds. I got out of the car and my phone began to beep. It was a text from my friend Christy telling me to meet her at the mall. I was so into my phone, I didn’t hear people warning me about the car, careening my way. I looked up and froze. I couldn’t move. All I saw was the car. Someone came at me from the side and pushed me out of the way. He was leaning over me protectively.

     “You can open your eyes,” the voice was deep. I opened my eyes and gasped. First, he reminded me of my favorite character off my Spanish soap opera Fabian. This guy had dark hair down to the bottom of his ears. He had hazel eyes and was a caramel color and he was just wow!

     “Umm. Thank you,” I said, scrambling to my feet.

     “That car was going to hit you. Didn’t you hear it?” he asked.

     “Well, um no. I was into my phone.” I realized I didn’t have my phone and hoped it wasn’t broken. He looked around and jogged back to where he pushed me out of the way. He picked my cell phone off the ground and passed it to me.

     “It’s not broken,” he told me. I looked up and noticed he was tall and really sculpted. “By the way, I’m Adam”

     “I’m Morcia,” I said holding my hand out to shake his.

     “That’s an interesting name,” he smiled, “I like it. It’s unique.” My heart skipped a beat. Was he flirting with me?”

     “Thanks. Well, I’ll uh, see you around,” I walked away feeling all warm inside.

 

     “Where have you been?” Christy was sitting, sipping a Coke.

     “I was in the parking lot when you text me. I almost got hit by a car. But, the most gorgeous guy pushed me out of the way.” Christy looked at me as if I’d lost my mind.

      “Are you okay?”

     “Yea. Peachy,” I reassured her. I felt suddenly chipper.

     “Well, are we going to sit or shop?” she asked smiling.

     “Shop,” I told her. We started laughing.

     Christy and I ended up with a lot of bags. It was at least 5 p.m. I wanted to go get a bite to eat. There were a couple of places to choose from. Chinese, Mexican, Soul, and fast-food. Mexican sounded delicious right now, so I drove to Chipotle Grill. I could smell the food from outside. It was warm inside, too. I ordered burrito and looked for a seat.

     “We just keep running into each other.” I recognized the voice. I looked and saw Adam sitting in a corner booth.

     “It seems we do. You mind if I sit?” he nodded towards the empty seat. I sat across from him, not meeting his eyes.

     “Do you always have near death experiences?” he asked. His question caught me off guard as did his tone. It sounded a little bit worried.

     “No I don’t. Today was a first,” I tried to hold my gaze to his eyes, but they wondered over his features. “Do you work out?” I asked, wishing I hadn’t. He smiled and looked up at me.

     “Yea I go to the gym daily,”

     “Oh which one?”

     “The local one near the bowling alley,” he said.

     Without thinking I said, “I, always wanted a date to be at a bowling alley,” I looked at him and he was perfectly calm.

     “You should let me take you then,” he suggested. My heart started to stutter. He just asked me out!

     “Sure…I’d like that,” I said smiling.

     “How about this Saturday?” He asked.

     “Tomorrow?” I giggled. He looked shocked.

     “Is that tomorrow?”

     “Yea,” he stood up.

     “Then tomorrow it is,” he smiled and walked away.

 

     The next morning I was distracted by all my excitement. I could barely brush my teeth without squealing. I looked at my pig clock (yes, I love pigs). I had three hours.

     “oh my god! What do I wear?” I moaned. I looked for a decent oufit and came up with my pig shirt. It had a picture of a piglet and said “Pigs R CUTE.” It was my favorite.

     It took me a hour and a half to shower and get myself together. I went downstairs, everyone was in the living room.

     My dad saw me and said, “And where are you going today?” I had to hold back a giggle. My dad used his deep manly voice.

     “I have a date today,” I said.

     “With who?”

     “Adam,” I realized he never told me his last name.

     “Hmph,” My dad turned back towards the T.V.  The doorbell rang seconds later.

     “Coming!” I went to open the door and there he was, standing like some Greek God.

     “Hey,” he smiled a most dazzling grin. I melted.

     “Come in,” I led him to the living room where my family was. “This my Mom, Dad, Shane, Gwyneth, and Libby,”

     “Where you taking her?” my dad asked.

Adam didn’t even hesitate, “To go bowling, then lunch.”

     “Well you take good care of her,” Adam nodded. My dad towards me and said, “You be good. Call me if you need anything.” Translation: Call me if you need someone killed.

     “Okay Daddy. Bye everybody,” I scurried out after Adam and locked the door.

     “Does your dad actually talk like that?” Adam asked once we were in his car.

     “Uh, no.” I laughed.

     “Good. Are you ready?”

 

     Bowling was fun. I lost two games, which Adam won. He was a really good bowler. I learned a lot about him. He was athletic, loves animals, helps with disabled kids. He was every girl’s dream, but I had him. Well, I almost did.

     We went to a little café for lunch.

     “Does everything always have to have pork in it?” I asked, frustrated.

     “You don’t like pork?”

     “No. I love pigs! So I don’t eat pork. At all.” He looked at me and chuckled.

     “Okay how about roast beef?” I nodded.

     “Where you from?” I asked him.

     “Everywhere. I move a lot,” I gave him silent nod. “My parents died, so I’ve been moving between foster homes.

     “Oh, I’m sorry.”

    He grabbed my hand and I looked him in the eyes.

       “Don’t worry about it. I know they’re happy,” he said. I gave a smile. “Please don’t cry.” He held my hand in both of his.

     “Okay. I’m not hungry anymore.” We left the place holding hands.

     After that date, Adam and I spent every moment together. As time progressed, I noticed that Adam had protective instincts. He would always call and make sure I was okay. It was a month and a half after out first date and I still hadn’t kissed him. Usually he would kiss me on the forehead or cheek, but never the lips.

     One night he walked me to my car. I was about to open the door when he stopped me.

     “I wanted to give you something,” he grabbed a small rectangular  box from his pocket and gave it to me. I opened it and an Angel necklace rested inside. It sparkled in the moon light.

     “Adam, this is so beautiful. Thank you!” I hugged him and he put the necklace around my neck. His way of saying you’re welcome was the best. He bent down and kissed me. His lips were soft, gentle against mine. My body was tingling with warmth. We broke apart gasping for air.

     “I’m glad you like it,” he kissed me one more time and walked back to his door. I was practically glowing the whole way home.

 

     A week later, I hadn’t seen or heard from Adam since he gave me the necklace. I tried calling him, but it always went to voicemail. I started to wonder if I had done something wrong, but I was always myself around him. Three weeks passed before he finally called. He explained that there were issues going on at his place, so he couldn’t have his phone. He told me there was a gift waiting for me in my room.

     I went to my room and there was a bag on my bed. In the bag was a long flowing white dress and a pair of two-inch heels. I found a note at the bottom of the bag that said :

          Morcia,

                            I know you will look glorious in the dress. It’s my way of apologizing. I’ll see you tonight in the clearing by the lake.

-Adam

     I sat down on my bed and hoped he wasn’t breaking up with me. It took me forever to figure out how to do my hair. He picked me up around 8 p.m. he took me to a clearing in the woods. We took my car. The scene was just like my dream. I walked to him and we hugged. We stood in the middle of the forest clearing surrounded by fireflies. The forest was thick with fog. My head touched his chest.

     “I must go,” he whispered.

     “Don’t,” I choked. He let go of me and looked me in the eyes and smiled.

     “Please. Don’t go.” He walked and was gone. No explanation. Nothing. I let the fog cover me.

 

 

© 2011 Alewis


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is an amazing story! I love the plot, details, and the emotion you put into it. I love the characters that you created and the way you had them interact with each other. Though the beginning sounds a bit like Twilight (no offense) it turned out much better and the way you make the ending start at the beginning of the story was actually surprised me a bit.

P.S. Pigs R CUTE XD

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Loved when you said the Translation was call me if you want someone killed! Really good story!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this is brilliant....awesome.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is an amazing story! I love the plot, details, and the emotion you put into it. I love the characters that you created and the way you had them interact with each other. Though the beginning sounds a bit like Twilight (no offense) it turned out much better and the way you make the ending start at the beginning of the story was actually surprised me a bit.

P.S. Pigs R CUTE XD

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh, what a mysterious boy. I'd be pretty mad at him after that, if I were Morcia. This is a sweet story anyways, and her pig infatuation made me laugh(:

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is astounding. I mean its body is immaculate and conceived with such a well penned attitude that it reads flawlessly.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Really cool story, i loved it

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

323 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 2, 2011
Last Updated on August 2, 2011

Author

Alewis
Alewis

CA



About
i write stories about supernatural or jusst mabe once a normal setting more..

Writing
Adalia's Anger Adalia's Anger

A Story by Alewis


To Stay or Go? To Stay or Go?

A Story by Alewis