Life ridden

Life ridden

A Story by The dark story

Life Ridden

When I took another step forward, I looked on my either side; murky darkness and sans anything else. Just the whispering of the deathly silence is to be heard. My steps coming to a dead standstill and I looked behind to find the same eerie silence following me. Why is there no sign of any life around me? I reassured myself that everything is all right...everything is just normal and it’s going to be so.

So with this feeling...or perhaps with disillusion, I moved on, don’t know where I was leading myself into. I was wishing...no...I was craving for the presence of someone...anyone to accompany me on my way, even if it has to be my own shadow.

 

As my steps were going on and on not knowing where, I could feel that something was trying to embrace me hardly, it feels so heavy, so rudely cold and yet so fiery and...and so ...so atrocious!! I armed my arms around my chest to protect myself from that thing, whatever it is.

Suddenly, my ears pricked to the plaintive cry coming from somewhere. It’s imbued with so much keen anguish. I stopped on the dot, biting my trembling lower lip and looked around to find the producer of this doleful moan.

“Hello, who’s there?”, I called out in as dulcet voice as I can afford to. But that’s an insult for me for being so nice and getting no response. “Hello?” I called out again, this time with an irksome tone; probably I was more terrified than irritated. The wailing was getting louder and louder, I could hear the sobbing so vividly that it made me felt that I was crying inside my heart. I unconsciously started portraying myself, sitting in the corner in this darker than black room, my face buried in my arms and...and I could actually feel the tears flowing down my cheeks. I instantly jumped out of this imbecile illusion, this wailing was becoming unbearable, the tears were tearing myself apart...into pieces...into thousand pieces...thousand useless pieces!!!

“Cut it off!”, I bawled in sheer aggression...not aggression, but pain. “Whoever you are...just stop crying!!”, I yelled out, toiling harder not to let that illusion take over my reality.

 

Just then, the killing sobbing stopped. I heaved a sigh of relief. But then I could espy an area becoming alive, phosphorescing.

I could see the lustrous brown shoes and the auburn skirt caressing the dusty dark murky ground as the light commences. Then the light was slowly bestowed on the anterior posture, my jaw dropped down in cadaverousness. The lustrous red hair flowing down the shoulders like a pure cascade, the face buried in the arms which were hugging the folded legs.

I could see her, sitting in torn distress and bloody tears. I don’t know why I felt my flesh creeping. I was feeling outrageously heavy suddenly, nastily cold. I was trembling...out of anguish or out of fear...out of what? I just don’t know the answer. Or perhaps I knew it...

Am I just pretending to be so ignorant? Am I trying to erase the true answer...and the true picture of the person distressingly sitting before me in this murky darkness? Ignoring the reality and embracing illusions?

 

This bestial loneliness was getting harder and colder on me. It was juddering me nastily as if in another second my hands will be pulled off from my body. But still it was burning like an inferno inside me and yet it’s making my body numb with cold.

 Is it already too late? Too late to take my rotting aggressive words back? Too late to get them back in my life? Too late to escape from this murky loneliness?

Is it already too late to say “I am extremely sorry”!!

 

Let not your anger control you...because when anger becomes your master, you become a lifeless servant.

© 2013 The dark story


Author's Note

The dark story
Let not your anger control you...because when anger becomes your master, you becomes a lifeless servant.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Amazing story :) One thing I would like to say is that the quote in Author's note is awesome, so very true and mesmerizing quote. The story reminds of a chapter from naruto, where he meets his darker side under the waterfall, wrapped in aggression, anger, sadness and how he comes over it. yes, anger is bad, its evil, its killer but, we don't become strong by suppressing anger, if we try to suppress anger it takes and even deadlier form, when we are angry we need someone stronger than darkness to hold us grab us and take the anger on him/herself and the pass it to the void it came from. Its always healthy to let out your anger and if a person takes your anger with a smiling face and grabs you to give a tight hug after that, don't blame yourself for being rude,, but thank the person to be there for you and strengthen the bond you both share :D Knowing you and you sisters I am very sure that you all will be together no matter what helping each other out :)

and as I call myself, I say same to the story "Its Great" :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Akhand Pratap Singh

10 Years Ago

A nice question, what if the person don't take your anger with a smiling face? The answer is simple,.. read more
The dark story

10 Years Ago

Oh mine!! Nice piece of advice…question well answred!! You passed!!!:P :P
Akhand Pratap Singh

10 Years Ago

hehe :D thanks for passing me :P



Reviews

I really like this piece. You've portrayed an emotion so creatively. (: Excellent lesson. Excellent work.

Posted 10 Years Ago


The dark story

10 Years Ago

thanks a lot
I loved the theme of this troy, because I feel like, internally, a lot of people have experienced this and they could relate to it and put a place to it their own lives.

Posted 10 Years Ago


The dark story

10 Years Ago

yeah, i've experienced it and that's why i wrote it! but not that that isolation part, i just fear t.. read more
prophet Mohamed (peace be upon him) said what means: real manhood is not the power or strength, real manhood is, controlling yourself at the time of anger. when we are angry we may do things which we regret later, maybe we regret all our time long. there is a story about a man from the Abbasid era who lived in Baghdad. this man had one son. the maid has dropped the boiling water on the son and the son died. the man was so angry..the smart maid reminded him of a verse in Quran which means; believers control their anger, the man said, ok i have controled my anger, the maid continued; believers forgive others, the man said, i forgive you, the maid continued, and Allah love those who are generous, the man said, go..you are free from slavery...

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The dark story

10 Years Ago

that was just quintessential. truly Prophet Muhammed(S.A.W.) is our greatest leader, teaching us ev.. read more
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
You've touched on something here in your personification of anger. There is a savage, alluring beauty to it as well. That unbridled moment of power - its intoxicating. Of course the terminal hangover really isn't worth it but I found your treatment of it well done.

Posted 10 Years Ago


The dark story

10 Years Ago

thanks for taking your time reading it and leaving your wise views.thanks a lot!
Right, Don't. Ever. Let. Anger. Control. You
Though sometimes we really can't stop the temper it takes patience and support for one to achieve massive self control

Posted 10 Years Ago


The dark story

10 Years Ago

yeah that's true it becomes like an inferno sometimes
Rhianne Ney

10 Years Ago

Yes
Amazing story :) One thing I would like to say is that the quote in Author's note is awesome, so very true and mesmerizing quote. The story reminds of a chapter from naruto, where he meets his darker side under the waterfall, wrapped in aggression, anger, sadness and how he comes over it. yes, anger is bad, its evil, its killer but, we don't become strong by suppressing anger, if we try to suppress anger it takes and even deadlier form, when we are angry we need someone stronger than darkness to hold us grab us and take the anger on him/herself and the pass it to the void it came from. Its always healthy to let out your anger and if a person takes your anger with a smiling face and grabs you to give a tight hug after that, don't blame yourself for being rude,, but thank the person to be there for you and strengthen the bond you both share :D Knowing you and you sisters I am very sure that you all will be together no matter what helping each other out :)

and as I call myself, I say same to the story "Its Great" :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Akhand Pratap Singh

10 Years Ago

A nice question, what if the person don't take your anger with a smiling face? The answer is simple,.. read more
The dark story

10 Years Ago

Oh mine!! Nice piece of advice…question well answred!! You passed!!!:P :P
Akhand Pratap Singh

10 Years Ago

hehe :D thanks for passing me :P
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
intense!
this reminds me of my little booklet of human nature about anger:
Don't let anger & revenge eat you up in whole it has a tendency to cloud your mind into darkness Making you blind on chosing what is right from wrong.
but don't Don’t suppressed anger Because it has a tendency to build up to the point that it will *Explode*! ~ then my friend told me it's all about self control, not your impulses or anger gets into you... she said: It requires strong personality to attain balance yet this I believe the best way to do : one must learn when to hold on and to let go; to learn when to say what. ~ great work my friend!


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

your most welcome my friend ~ i think your sister is strong because she knows this anger can lead to.. read more
The dark story

10 Years Ago

definitely she is...but i just don't show that to her in a general way..heheh lol...because i've got.. read more
Pax

10 Years Ago

haha... that's a sisterly healthy competition ~ don't worry this will be our little secret LOL

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1193 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 15, 2013
Last Updated on June 26, 2013
Tags: anger, love, hatred, loneliness

Author

The dark story
The dark story

About
A vagabond on the quest of the unknown. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..