Durham City Council Approves Bow Hunting For Deer

Durham City Council Approves Bow Hunting For Deer

A Story by atungaarchery
"

Arrows are also necessary to participate in archery and can be custom made or bought ready-made from the store.

"

Bow and ArrowArrows are also necessary to participate in archery and can be custom made or bought ready-made from the store. Arrows are generally made from aluminum alloy, carbon or a combination of the two. Be sure the arrows are stiff to maintain accurate shooting. The length of the arrows depends on the draw weight (poundage) and draw length of the archer. Arrows will have fletchings, or feathers, on one end which guides them in flight. Arrows will not have the tips on them though. Field tips are used for target shooting and broadheads have sharp, cutting blades on them for hunting. This will ensure accurate shooting when changing tips.

The longbows , string and arrows are obvious choices. The arm guard and shooting glove (finger tab) are not necessary, however they help relieve the pain of the occasional wrist slap and sore fingers, this will make the shooting session more enjoyable and you will be more likely to continue the sport. You may notice that I didn’t list a quiver as an essential piece of equipment, when first starting you don’t really need a quiver, you can just lay your arrows on the ground and pick one up when you need it. A quiver would be a good purchase once you get more involved in the sport.

Be sure to practice safety as you enjoy this great sport. Proper accessories will protect them and help them to enjoy shooting more. These include several different things such as arm guards, release aids, and sights. An arm guard will protect their arm from the string accidentally hitting it when they shoot an arrow You don't want to hurt when your shooting, that's no fun and might make you stop. There are many release aides from gloves to mechanical devices. These protect your hand that is pulling back on the string. About the Author.

However, because follow up shots are infrequent with bow hunting , the first shot must count. So, while being decisive is required when the opportunity comes, the shooting cycle itself must be calm and focused, not hurried. Rifle hunters who pick up the bow need to acquire this mental discipline through months of practice on the range before the season. Unlike the average rifle hunter who may only fire a hundred rounds a year through his hunting rifle, a dedicated bow hunter is shooting at least 100 arrows a week, months before the hunting season. There is a commitment involved when one decides to archery hunt.

Wood, aluminum,fiberglass, carbon and combination of carbon and aluminum are most commonmaterials used in making arrow shafts. Arrow heads may also come in wide arrayof sizes and shapes. These shapes and sizes should be chosen based on thepurpose of the archer. There are specific shapes and points to be used whenhunting for small games, when bow fishing and when hunting big games. For hunting games, broad heads are the onesbeing used. Some blades are fixed, some are removable and some may even haveprovisions for expansion. With the advance of technology, arrows can now flyfarther and are capable of deep penetration.

© 2013 atungaarchery


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
Added on December 26, 2013
Last Updated on December 26, 2013
Tags: Arrows

Author