Entry 4: 2- 29- 12

Entry 4: 2- 29- 12

A Chapter by A. L. Allen

Dear Journal.      2 �" 29 - 12

 

          Marriage. Does it really need any explanation? It is, in my opinion, probably the most romantic thing that can happen in a girl’s life (I can’t say for boys; but I would hope they have the same opinion). It is the end of one chapter in their life; and the beginning of so many more. The possibilities are endless!

          You may be wondering how I got on to this topic; trust me when I sat I was not daydreaming about Jayce… although I can’t say that I haven’t done it before. J

No, today in History we were talking about arranged marriages, and if we’d prefer to get married for “love”, or if we’d rather get married for comfort. That’s really what got me thinking about this whole marital thing.

I, personally, cringe every time I hear about arranged marriages today. Sure, it was acceptable way back when love was a foreign concept and dinosaurs roamed the Earth. J But today, when love is so prevalent in our society, I think it’s just plain wrong. Even when it’s not arranged I sometimes cringe! I think that if someone merely gets married for “comfort”, they are incredibly shallow and selfish. I mean, it’s great and wonderful if the man that you fall in love with is well to do; but if that’s the only reason you get married to him, then, I’m sorry, you just are too materialistic, and you probably won’t be truly happy for the rest of your life.

          Now “love”, on the other hand, is a whole different matter. I think that if you want to find someone to spend the rest of your life with, love- not lust; there’s a difference! �"should be a major factor in that relationship. If you don’t love a person when you first get married, then you’re going to have a very tough marriage. Love should be a two way thing; and when you find it, there’s no way you could be any happier.

 

~Taylor       



© 2012 A. L. Allen


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think you should link it back to the previous chapter by mentioning marrying Jaycee for love at the end.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Very sweet :3

Posted 12 Years Ago


Love this!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Yea verily! I heartily agree!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I have a friend who says that its better if a girl falls in love with her husband after they're married. Of course, like Summayya and Summer said, the arrangement has to be agreed upon by both, the lady and the man. I, personally, would never consent to an arranged marriage. Anywho, I loved the entry.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very true, which is why - as Summer said- arranged marriages aren't allowed in our religion if both do not consent. Although the concept of love is sometimes misunderstood as well, no? So many people get married on a whim, after going through dating, in which they usually just show their good selves and not the bad parts to them. I would think you would really need to have to know a person and love them a LOT to marry them for the reason of love. That would be nice. But if that doesn't happen.......that's where divorce comes in and that's just sad. Haha sorry I just went all "summi lecture" right there. :P

But really nice chapter once again. :) Loooooooved it!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Another BRILLIANT chapter. I love it how each chapter flows onto the next. Amazing job!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wait...I don't get why there is a ginormous J every now and then... ???
LOL every time I see the word "marital" I read it as "martial" LOLOL Cute chapter! :) *reads the next one*


Posted 12 Years Ago


I agree with Taylor. That's why arranged marriages (if both don't consent) are forbidden in my religion. It's a serious offense.

Loved this entry.
Reading on...

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

437 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 9, 2012
Last Updated on March 9, 2012


Author

A. L. Allen
A. L. Allen

Logan , UT



About
Welcome! I have had a lifetime passion for writing. I started when my father introduced me to the wonders of Microsoft Word on a dinosaur of a computer, and haven't stopped since. I have attempted .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by A. L. Allen



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..