Entry 5: 3 - 1 - 12

Entry 5: 3 - 1 - 12

A Chapter by A. L. Allen

Dear Journal,      3 �" 1 - 12

 

          I am so mad right now; I think I’m in serious danger of exploding. While I was at school, my mom saw my journal �"this journal �"sitting open on my bed. She went to close it and “accidentally” saw what was in it; or so she claims. It just so happens that she saw the entry about Jayce, and, being the extremely over-protective parent that she is, she immediately called my dad and told him about it, and they both completely freaked out. As soon as I got home, they totally jumped down my throat. I tried to explain to them that it wasn’t anything serious- that it was only attraction from afar �"but they just rode right over me as if I wasn’t even there. Finally, I just got so fed up and mad that I ended up yelling at them for getting into my personal stuff, and then they shouted back and gave me this long, full blown lecture on how it was good that they did before they grounded me and sent me up to my room. Now, I’m just sitting here, writing all this down.

 know that this little incident may sound like it’s not that important; but I think it is. This isn’t the first time something like this has happened; though, granted, it was never quite so bad. I get that they’re trying to protect me, I really do; I just don’t understand why they have to be so overbearing. It’s almost like they don’t trust me. That I don’t understand either, because I’ve never done anything wrong that’s undeserving of their trust. I guess I just don’t understand my parents as much as I’d like to.         

You know, sometimes, I just get the feeling that my parents’ overprotectiveness is really going to hinder me in my future goals. If they keep being so overbearing, I’m not going to be able to make the choices that I need to for my life. For example, my parents want me to go to ASU, their old alma mater; but I don’t plan on going there. I want to go somewhere out of state. They know this, but they keep trying to influence me to go with pamphlets and all sorts of info about it. It’s just little things like that that make me feel worried about how much say I’ll have about my future.

          Don’t get me wrong; I love my parents, I really do. I just wish that sometimes, they would trust me enough to experience life through my own choices. Not theirs.

 

~Taylor



© 2012 A. L. Allen


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I can relate so much but the sad thing is; later on you start realizing the wisdom of their words. Maybe they were wrong in some instances... but... That's parents for you.
My mom //loathes// the fact of me going out of state in undergraduate year. :P I compromised~

Hence why I never keep a journal out.
I always lock it up on my laptop~

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Very relatable! I'd mention how Taylor then hides it in a good place so that no one finds it!

Posted 11 Years Ago


i agree with Summer D. later on u will understand the wisdom of your parents words..and yes my parents are overprotective too.!!! :P

Posted 11 Years Ago


Love it! :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


Here here!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I can totally relate to Taylor. It's like I'm reading my own diary or something. My parents, correction, my mom, is so controlling, but I realized that the older I get, the more I understand her (and realize how right she was).
Ally, this is great.

Posted 12 Years Ago


So true. But you really do find out that sometimes they are right, and they really do only want the best for you. My parents decide my future, and most of it I don't like but hey........what's a girl to do?

I really loved this chapter as well Ally! So psychological. (took me four tries to correctly spell that word) -_-

Posted 12 Years Ago


I completely agree. Mum has these thousands of plans for me... and I don't want any of them:( I get where Taylor is coming from. Another amazingly revelant to teh world chapter!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


@Summer
LOL I don't have a journal. I have a list of story ideas & stories, each of which offers a little tiny glimpse into my life. I really gotta get to blocking that aperture. =_="

Great chapter. I can see why she's angry!!! *reads on*

Posted 12 Years Ago


I can relate so much but the sad thing is; later on you start realizing the wisdom of their words. Maybe they were wrong in some instances... but... That's parents for you.
My mom //loathes// the fact of me going out of state in undergraduate year. :P I compromised~

Hence why I never keep a journal out.
I always lock it up on my laptop~

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

358 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 9, 2012
Last Updated on March 9, 2012


Author

A. L. Allen
A. L. Allen

Logan , UT



About
Welcome! I have had a lifetime passion for writing. I started when my father introduced me to the wonders of Microsoft Word on a dinosaur of a computer, and haven't stopped since. I have attempted .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by A. L. Allen



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


MYNA MYNA

A Poem by ~Dragon X


The Soldier The Soldier

A Poem by Ami N.