Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by Naomi Roseღ

When I finally get to school, and walk into my first class-history-the room goes silent.
   Its either because I am so late, or because of the rumors they  heard about me. 
   Its probably because of the rumors.
   Mr. Gumberg looks at me. "Ah, Venus", he says. "You're late. Please come and take your seat."
   I walk to my seat, which is at the back of class behind Robert Ledey and beside Beverly Luvder. 
   When I sit in my seat I hear someone cough, "s**t." 
   All of the sudden, I feel small and scared again. I feel like the kid who goes to a new school and has no friends. 
   I drop my backpack beside my chair as Mr. Gumberg turns back to the board and starts to talk about something. I'm not really paying attention.
   "Psst", I hear someone whisper to me. I look to my right and see Beverly staring at me. Beverly is a sweet girl, but quite irritating. "Is it true you slept with the entire football team?" she asks me.
   "No!" I whisper back. "Who started that rumor anyways?"
   Beverly shrugs and whispers, "Brittney Westyer told me."
  Brittney Westyer is a junior. And Brent's ex-girlfriend. Well, one of his ex-girlfriends. 
  "Who told her?" I whisper back.
   Beverly shrugs 
  "Excuse me", Mr. Gumberg calls from the front of the class. "I am teaching a class right now. You can carry on your conversation after school, during detention."
   "Mr. Gumberg, I wasn't talking to Venus. She started talking to me. I was just telling her to be quiet", Beverly lies.
   My mouth drops open. That little b***h...
  "Fine", Mr. Gumberg says. "Venus, I will see after school."
  "B-but", I stammer. "I have to go to work!!" I have a part-time job as a cashier at GameStop. It isn't my first job choice, but it's the best I can do. 
   "I don't care", Mr. Gumberg says. "You are bothering Beverly and myself and the rest of the class. You have detention. End of story."
   Mr. Gumberg turns back to the chalk board and writes something down. Beverly snickers and whispers, "thats what you get.


© 2011 Naomi Roseღ


Author's Note

Naomi Roseღ
I know its short and kind of boring. The next chapter will be more interesting. I will edit it soon c:

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review




Reviews

Poor Venus, I don't like Beverly or the teacher they're mean, can't wait to read more.
♥ Ta'Shandra

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow. Beverly is a (Insert bad word here)

Dang Venus can't seem to catch a break, can she?

Posted 12 Years Ago


Sometime you wish you could punch someone in the face. A strong chapter. Poor girl will have a hard day. Rumors can mess a life up. A sad ending to the chapter. A excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


I hate Beverly already and the teacher...they are both stupid...

Posted 12 Years Ago


Beverly's a b***h >.<
I wanna hear mooooore :O

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

short yes boring hardly that more like intreguing Keep writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
TJ
So when I got your read request my first thought was that I should go back and read the first two chapters and not just skip to the third...then I proceeded to skip straight to the third :). Anyway, I agree with most everyone else in the aspect that this is not at all boring! When I think about this in the context of a full novel I think it does a great job creating some potential storylines, conflicts, and problems for our protagonists in the future. Also I like the fact it's short; it's good to know when to end a chapter I hate ppl who think every chapter has to be 30 pages.
I like that you're taking on the challenge of writing in the present tense but be careful, it can get tricky.
Also, about the passage "  Brittney Westyer is a junior. And Brent's ex-girlfriend. Well, one of his ex-girlfriends." you should try to combine this into one sentence if possible.
Good job

Posted 12 Years Ago


It's not boring. I really enjoyed reading this.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Boring? Please! Venus' day just gets worse! Haven't we all had days like that? :/

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

713 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 11, 2011
Last Updated on May 11, 2011


Author

Naomi Rose&#4326;
Naomi Roseღ

My world



About
Welcome to my world! So, as you see my name is Naomi Rose. Other people may know me as Naomi the lost the ninja. Or just as plain old Naomi XP. I am fifteen years young (bahaha). I write poems a .. more..

Writing
Alice Alice

A Poem by Naomi Roseღ



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..