Coffee House

Coffee House

A Poem by Alexander W. Quinn
"

My reflections on going to a real bongo tappin', latte sipping poetry read. Quite the experience...

"

Coffee House

 

Cigarette smoke fills my lungs as the poetess shakes her hips,

   feels her tits,

   and spouts out her fragmented thoughts

   on the love of lust

   or the lust of love,

and the cappuccino spills to the floor.

 

This shady night slang hides her only desire

   as metaphors die on the floor

   with her sweet rolling dreams,

   screams,

   and the lights in your eyes,

and the latte burns on your tongue.

 

The short velvet skirt and the verse in the night

   and the figure she sells to the crowd,

   catcall to her name

   a claim to fame,

   to short live a life once lived in the dark,

with the essence of mocha and chai.

 

As her voice f***s your mind and similes come

   and her lyrics vibrate your brain,

   she controls your attention

   with a tongue slip cross her lips

   and a shake of her a*s,

   and finally said she leaves the stage

a w***e well paid by applause.

© 2008 Alexander W. Quinn


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great poem Alexander, it held my attention, I like they way it was written with the lines being quite short and to the point. That last line is the best....... a w***e well paid by applause.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Interesting. I like it! Great job!

Posted 16 Years Ago


Dirty fun. Well put. I like the first section best. The middle loses the rhythm you establish in the beginning. The words are great and the imagery is entertaining. The end "a w***e well paid by applause" is one of the better lines. I like it.

Posted 16 Years Ago


I have never been to one of these "poetry read" evenings but have seen them portrayed in the odd movie. All I can say is " Well! What the hell have I missed!"

You give a great sense of general boredom - in the beginning - it is though you sort don't know what to enjy the most, your coffee and cigarette, and yet the 'readers grab your attention to the point you spill your coffee - or drink unthinkingly and burn your tongue with hot latte.

You offer recognition to the poetess, as it seems she has to sell heself by her looks and actions before even her words are heard and her life in the limelight is only for as long as it takes to drink a cup of tea or coffe.

Be it good or bad poetry she spouts, her words play games in your head but she still manages to hold your attention with a "tongue slip cross her lips and a shake of her a*s".

She behaves in ways a w***e would, offering the promise of sex for payment, yet in this case the poetess used visual sexual actions to keep the audience enthralled and listening to her words.

Did the audience really listen or were they fantising about her? No matter, she had her few moments in the limelight and was paid with applause.

My first reading of this did not give me a very good impression - I must admit - yet there was something that kept drawing me back to it.

Then I realised I made me feel slightly uncomfortable - and that is a good thing- because it made me react and find out why it caused that reaction in me.

It was the blatent rawness of the poem. The shortened lines and vivid imagery painted a potent picture in my head that is hard to erase.

There is an overall sense of boredom then a kind of excitement mixed with "what the hell am I doing here" kind of thinking and yet and yet something holds us there.


You took me on a roller coaster ride of different emotions - thank you .
Please keep writing Well done






Posted 16 Years Ago


Well-written

Posted 16 Years Ago


Interesting write. There all kinds of poets, of course. Those who have all the outer game going on and use words to add more flame. And then there are those who are all inward and express on paper because the outer game is not their cup of tea. And then there are poets of all sorts scattered all along the pendulum of those two extremes.

I think you painted a titillating picture, the last verse, in particular.



Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 6, 2008
Last Updated on February 24, 2008

Author

Alexander W. Quinn
Alexander W. Quinn

Corneria, Canada



About
Everything and nothing. That's what you'll find here, my friends! Poetry, stories and a novella or two. If you want to know more, visit me at the sites below: Myspace www.myspace.com/awquinn www.m.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..