RAID

RAID

A Chapter by ayan AKA artemis

CHAPTER 2 - Raid

 

The much-awaited day came at last. The boys with their mother and sister, all packed and dressed in their best clothes boarded the plane and took off for Florida. On the way, Jade asked his mom "Mom, where would we be staying there."

 

"Hotel Marcoz, perhaps the number one hotel in US <author - - very poor in gk, correct me if I am wrong, Florida is in us, right>

 

After getting off the plane, the Lewis family hired a taxi and was on the way to hotel Marcoz until the taxi abruptly came to a halt.

 

"What's the big idea dude, why did we stop?" asked Jade with the sudden halt.

 

"There is a huge jam out there; I suppose an accident has occurred. Mind, if I take a detour through the Coryville road, though it's a longer route, it's the only way?" the driver asked.

 

"No issues, go ahead." answered Mrs. Lewis.

 

"I heard rumors, that road is a bit risky especially in the late night, would it be safe?" Eloise asked, concerned.

 

"I guess there are a number of potholes out there, but nothing serious I guess." the driver answered.

 

"K fine, if you say so." Harry said.

 

The taxi took a u-turn and headed for the Coryville road. It was surrounded by huge tress ready to jump out and beat the s**t out of any passerby. It was eerie and cold out there. A lonely stranger out there would have been scared out of his wits. Having no choice, the taxi continued on its journey.

(SCREECH) The taxi came to a stop.

 

"I suppose we have a flat tire, but no issues I always have a spare one, I'll fix it a s fast as possible, but I could use a bit of assistance." said the driver.

 

"No probs, I'll come with you." Harry said.

 

"I'll tag along." said Jade immediately.

 

"Too many cooks spoil the broth. You sit inside and relax I don’t think we would require your assistance." Harry said.

 

Harry and the driver started working on the flat tire and in no time, they put another one in its place. All of a sudden, there can a noise of tree rustling and twigs cracking.

 

"I guess someone or something is coming and I sure don't want to stand here being its midnight snack, lets go in." said Harry quickly.

 

Just as they sat inside the cab, CRASH! The back glass was broken and there was sound of someone approaching.

 

"Lets get the Hell out of here." Eloise shouted.

 

The driver shot up the engine <or whatever it's called> and took off that could have ashamed a formula one racer.

 

"Boy, you sure know how to handle the horsie." Jade said amazed by the driver maneuvering them through the potholes and ditches.

 

Once they had reached the nearby BLUE DIAMOND <coz hotel MARCOZ was still quite far away and they decided to stay at a nearby hotel> in one piece, Harry said, "Remind me, if I ever take a detour again." Harry said looking drained and exhausted from the drive.

 

"Don’t worry bro, I'll make sure you have a reminder ring tone on your mobile." said Jade amusingly.

 

"Would you just Shut The Hell Up!" said Harry and Eloise in unison.

 

After having a good night sleep, the boys woke up and went down the lounge to have their breakfast.

 

"Good Morning Mom." said Harry fresh from the long night sleep.

 

"Good morning Sonny, may I know where my other good for nothing son is?" asked Mrs. Lewis smiling.

 

"Still slogged like a log." said Harry not sure of what he even said.

 

"I heard that and I guess I logged on before the party is over. I am going digging or hogging whatever you guys call it, wanna join me"? Jade asked humorously.

 

"Nah, go dig, I'm fine with this cocoa." said Harry.

 

"This evening, we'll be attending your uncle's house; your father will be meeting us the next day in his house. We'll be staying there until the wedding. We'll be leaving a week after the wedding." Mrs. Lewis said to Harry.

 

"I'll go up and start packing. I guess we won't have time for it later, wanna join me and help me packing?" Harry asked his mom.

 

"Yeah, sure I am bored here anyways, let's go. Eloise are you joining us?"  Mrs. Lewis asked.

"Nah! I'll join you after half an hour, I am going swimming." Eloise replied.

 

After returning to their room, Mrs. Lewis and Harry were horror-struck to find their room in a mess. SOMEONE had raided their room.

 

"What the…." Harry controlled himself before bursting out.

 

"I am calling those good-for-nothing security guards and giving them a sound thrashing." Mrs. Lewis said angrily.

 

"No wait." Harry stopped his mom. "Let me investigate this room and find anything missing before calling the guards." he said.

 

After searching every  nook and corner of the room and finding nothing missing, Harry gave up and was going back until his eyes fell on something shining on the floor. He picked up the bracelet and saw the initials FJ imprinted on it. He put the bracelet in his pocket and decided to inform his brother later about it, but before that he tried to stand still and tried to analyse everything until now, the drat message, the cab attack and now this incursion, all indicating the same purpose to stop us from attending the wedding.

 

Harry went down to the lobby and started questioning the security guards and receptionist.

 

"Were you sleeping or drugged when a daylight break-in happened in our flat?" Harry asked with a serious tone.

 

"WHAT!" the receptionist asked unbelievingly.

 

"Don’t ask 'what', I can sue you, I can litigate you, I can take a legal action against your hotel for not keeping your eyes open and letting those burglars in." Mrs. Lewis said angrily.

 

"We swear on our father-in-laws that we didn’t see anyone suspicious, ID-less card, non - resident enter or leave within 24 hrs." the security guard quickly said.

 

"Not very convincing, but anyways having no other option left, I suppose the person is a resident. May I know if any resident has shifted out of the hotel recently?" Harry asked.

 

"Yes. There is one person and his name was… she began searching in the register…yea… Mr. Drew John. And his room no. was 204." she replied.

 

"Thank You. One last favor um… could you get us the keys for that room, we might need to go through his stuffs, if something is left, you know what I mean right." Harry requested.

 

"Yea, sure Sir, here is the key to his room." she said.

 

"Thanks a ton! We'll make sure we get it back to you safe and sound." Harry said.

 

Harry went to the lounge, picked up Jade before he could stuff up another mouthful of Racknowse Breakers in his mouth.

 

"Glug, pff, sprr, krr, no faiirr, I amfff in middfff offff my fav dishh." he protested.

 

"Enough with it, you're accompanying me." Harry retorted.

 

"Bff fere are fe feafing fo?" Jade asked.

 

"To a shopping extravaganza." he replied sarcastically.

 

"Seriously?" Jade asked though he knew the answer.

 

Ignoring his brother's ignorance and nonsense, Harry told him what all had happened this morning and Jade's face grew serious. He also told him about his new clue which he found under the drawer.

 

After getting in the so-called Drew John's flat, the boys started searching for anything suspicious, which he might have left while fleeing from his flat. One thing which was bothering Harry was how he got inside their flat, but later figured that he must have picked the lock, after all the lock was not impossible to break without the key.

 

"Look!" Jade exclaimed, "That fellow has left a piece of paper, it's written on it 'Meet me in Loconoplaza at 4 PM.', some clue" he said excitedly.

 

"Hurry makes Haste," he added.

 

"Haste makes Waste, dumb." Harry corrected him.

 

Out of gas and feeling dejected, Jade quietly followed his brother. There were still 2 and a half hrs left until the Loconoplaza trip, so they decided to go for a workout in the gym.

 

"I'll check on my cell, the location of Loconoplaza………. <click, click….>……. according to my sources, there are three Loconoplaza locations, Loconoplaza shopping mall, the airport, and the cafe ……… we need a third person." Harry said.

 

"How 'bout we call Eloise?" Jade suggested.

 

"Huh! Nice sense of humour." Harry replied.

 

"I am serious." Jade said.

 

"Oh I see, we were trolling until now, right." Harry said.

 

"OH! Come on, how bad can it be?" Jade pleaded.

 

"Um, let's see, it depends, ok fine, call her and tell her to meet us in lounge at 2:45. And yeah don’t forget to tell her to bring her cell." Harry said.

 

"Impossible! For all the money in the world she wouldn’t give up her cell." Jade said.

 

<2:44><Lounge>

 

"So here is the plan I devised. According to my sources, I'll drop Eloise at the airport, Judy at the shopping mall and then I'll to the café, make sure to send an SMS to at least one of us if you find anyone suspicious there, got it." Harry explained.

 

"How do we recognize our Mr. Suspicious?" Eloise asked.

 

"Good question. To begin with, our suspect obviously doesn’t want us to attend the wedding. Perhaps he/she may have figured, we could be a big hurdle on his/her path to whatever. I suppose he/she would have been invited to the wedding or else, he/she would have trouble carrying out his/her plan, so I conclude he/she must be quite rich, cause only elites invite elites, except for a few of them." he replied. - 'Look out for a man/woman or should I say a person who arrives in a luxury sedan or something… and wears very formal clothes or something, so not to arouse suspicion. Also if possible, look out for a bag or a suitcase with him/her, because from the point of view I see, only a street ruffian or a good-for-nothing fellow could have done this raid job. NO elite could have possibly done this lowly task him/herself. Therefore, our ringmaster would obviously cash someone to do this. Got it!" Harry said finishing foolproof plan.

 

"Aye, aye captain!" said Jade and Eloise in unison.

 

"One last thing, since the café and the shopping mall are directly opposite to each other, Eloise you take Rusty." Harry said.

 

After getting into 'Rusty'(their new rented grey Camry), the heroes sped off to the mall first to drop Judy and then to the airport to drop Eloise and finally to the café. Each waited for half an hour until the clock struck 4 PM. A black SUV drove up to the café, a man stepped out of it dressed in black as if returning from a funeral. The woman who was driving the SUV looked somewhat familiar, though Harry couldn’t recollect where he had seen her. He quickly texted to Eloise and Jade…

 

"I presume, we have found our victim, plz arrive as fast as possible."

 

Unexpectedly the man with the black suitcase turned towards the zebra crossing, the traffic light turned red and a large crowd started to go across, Harry instantly rushed out of the café to get a closer look at the man, he was now returning 'without' the suitcase and got into the car. Harry instantly noted the car number in his mobile before the car fled.

 

After a few minutes, Harry was narrating the whole incident to his brother.

 

After half an hour…

 

"Sorry guys, I hope I didn’t keep you waiting." Eloise said.

 

"You could have at least spared the duty free." Harry said.

 

Harry retold the whole incident to Eloise. They got into their van drove home. 


© 2014 ayan AKA artemis


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
Added on December 21, 2014
Last Updated on December 21, 2014


Author

ayan AKA artemis
ayan AKA artemis

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates



About
I am not sure but I guess I am just a born writer more..

Writing