Wrong Guy

Wrong Guy

A Poem by azaleablue
"

A short poem, soon to be spoken word. It is a personal one, but I've been told its pretty relatable.

"
I’ve never seen such a foggy city like the one in my mind, clouded with thoughts of you.
There was a time before you when I could speak my mind, when I knew my left from my right.
You managed to embed yourself in my skin…
Two years of showers and still I manage to feel the touch of your skin on mine…
Your cologne fills my airways and I cough to keep from choking to death.
Goodness God it’s been two years and I still wait for your call at 4AM like the star gazed girl I was, in love with the wrong guy.
You were not a bad guy, a nice guy really a genuine guy, but just the wrong guy.
I remember the day you said you’d be leaving. 
The makeup I wore, everywhere but the place it needed to be. 
And how I yearned to have a say in if you stayed or go away.
But you had to go, you had to leave
You left me.
I remember the way your fingers played symphonies, symphonies for me.
And remember how I let your words play my heart.
The master of my own deception.
I was a good girl in love with a good guy…
the right girl in love with the wrong guy.
-Azaleablue

© 2015 azaleablue


Author's Note

azaleablue
Any thoughts? All greatly appreciated!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really like this!! Very beautiful. I have felt a pain very similar to this and I am so glad you articulated it in this way. Very impressed , keep up the good work!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

azaleablue

8 Years Ago

Thank you! :)
It's a story we have all lived.

I really like the dynamic nature of the font, growing when it needs.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I know this scenario but, in a different color over a much longer time span. Instead of me being pastel blue over our dismantling I was Navy dark blue and, for years. I was a good guy in love with the wrong girl and for much too long a time.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What an awesome write! You told a story loaded with imagery and really conveyed your feelings for this boy. Good work :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


azaleablue

9 Years Ago

Thank you!
You've a wonderful understanding of the possibility poetry has written on the page, and it shows in your willingness to explore. Great stuff, keep it up!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

azaleablue

9 Years Ago

thank you! :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

273 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 20, 2015
Last Updated on April 20, 2015
Tags: Love, wrong guy, good guy, right girl, loyalty, friendship

Author

azaleablue
azaleablue

Salem, OR



About
I am an 18-year-old aspiring writer, fiction is my passion, poetry my lover and journalism my secret fantasy. I attend Willamette University, where ill be Majoring in English Literature and minoring i.. more..

Writing
Ring Ring

A Poem by azaleablue