Cuting and pain

Cuting and pain

A Poem by Belinda Rice
"

when I ust to cut my self and all the pain and all the good things that come after.

"

I am a writer who had so much pain,

 

I ust to cut my self to take away strain,

 

Strain from being lonly and sad,

 

My children were gone living with there dad,

 

They had to leave for a mistake that I have made,

 

I never in life thought it would ever be this way,

 

Cutting my self took away my pain,

 

From not having my children beside and being so far away,

 

They are my life that carrys me through,

 

When there not beside me I feel all to blue,

 

When i cut my self I dont know what to do,

 

Cause once you start it keeps to continue,

 

It continued till I could talk to my kids,

 

Or when I felt lonly and had no guidence,

 

I ask god to help see me through,

 

Help me stop this madness that the devil puts me through,

 

I struggled in life  for way to long,

 

That now I am glad my kids are home,

 

They are here safe and sound,

 

Cause living with there dad was hard for me,

 

Knowing the abuse he had a hold of them three.

 

 

BY: Belinda

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2008 Belinda Rice


Author's Note

Belinda Rice
this is when I would cut my self but this is only half of the reason why.....

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your poem is very moving. You really see your emotions and feelings. Great job at expressing your emotions...

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow! This is a great poem and I know how you feel. "Cutting my self took away my pain" This is true and the tittle describes perfectly the poem. Keep writing and great work!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Very painful write. Nicely written though. ~KA~

Posted 15 Years Ago


So full of emotions and pain. But at the end I saw hope and maybe healing. I pray hope and healing are with you today. Wonderfully penned.

Posted 15 Years Ago


belinda, your emotions are strong and you're headed in the right direction with this. i know everyone else is kind of focusing on the subject matter. cutting. yep. you're talking about superficial cutting and you seem to be safe so i'm gonna move on to the write. there were too many spelling errors for me to really get involved in this piece. even the title, "cutting" is spelled wrong. there are three different versions of the word there (their, they're, there). you really need to sort through this and correct some of these. i'm adding notes. i'm not trying to be critical. but really, your reader should not be distracted by these typos while trying to decipher your meaning. you don't want people to focus on the small stuff, you want them to feel your emotion and sadness from a time that your family was split. easy enough, just proofread. keep up the writing! it takes a lot to share such intimate details of your life. well done.


Posted 15 Years Ago


the poem touches my heart. when we feel sad or blue its really hard to think clear cause all we fill is our heart being torn out. what I relieze is our children would be torn apart so much more if anything bad were to happen ,that the mothers our there strength and were the ones to keep them safe.Yes the lord is always with us every second of each day and alot of people fill if they pray for something it should be answered right then but some things takes alittle longer then others.I put a problem in gods hands and let it go if i dont let it go he cant help.great job

Posted 15 Years Ago


Self-injury is not something people talk about very often, so the first comment I make is; thank you for this brave share! It is also interesting to note, that it estimated around 2 to 3 million Americans have suffered serious problem. Whatever the context or reason, self-injury seems to function as a coping mechanism. "Cutters" use self-harm to feel calm, "in control," or just to "feel something." However, self-injury is not a healthy coping mechanism - it is a self-destructive behaviour that probably reflects deeper, more complicated personal problems.

As your poignant reflective and heartfelt poem suggests, the reconciliation with your children helped in your recovery!

An inspirational testimony.

God's Blessing
Phillozofee

Posted 15 Years Ago


Wow Belinda how brave you are to express such a dark side of you, that takes courage which means you have what it takes to stop the madness, It also was good for you to show what consequences can come with such actions... a very well written piece.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Hey Belinda,
I like this poem for the rhythm and the moving way it was written and the intense expression of giving yourself to the reader.

I don't like it because it talks about doing bad things to yourself, which is the opposite of what love is.
By hurting yourself, it hurts those who love you and that is not very loving.
Give something back to your kids and be there for there for them, whole and complete, even in the bad times.

Be kind to yourself, Belinda, and that too will show your love for others.

Have a nice day. Cliff



Posted 15 Years Ago


A well constructed poem that tells a tale of strengh and weakness. Overcoming lifes bumps in the road and live to see a better day. Well done.

Posted 15 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

342 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 9, 2008
Last Updated on May 11, 2008

Author

Belinda Rice
Belinda Rice

Onancock, VA



About
Hi My name is Belinda I'm 33almost 37 year's old and a single mom who love to write...I have three wonderful daughter's and I have a wonder handsome lil boy that I take care of each and everyday..My c.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Captivated Captivated

A Poem by Carole