What A Wonderful World

What A Wonderful World

A Screenplay by WhimsicalAutomatonophobicHippopotamus
"

Screenplay for the song "What A Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong,

"
The colors are faint, as if from and old photograph. A young couple sits on a red gingham picnic blanket perched atop a grassy hill side by side. The sun shines down on them under the clear blue sky. They are dressed for an older time period, perhaps the fifties. A small smile curls at the corners of the boy’s lips as he presents his girlfriend with a delicate, perfect rose, no doubt clipped from his neighbor’s bush that morning. She beams at him and curls into his side, cradling her flower. The picturesque scene blacks out and opens to the same young couple, this time in a wedding chapel. He slips the wedding band over her slim finger, hand trembling as he does so. She beams that same radiant smile as the day when he gave her the rose. A simple white gown skims the length of her body, the train pooling in silken waves at her slipper-clad feet. The picture fades once more and when it comes back into focus a squalling infant in a bassinet fills the frame. The hands of the girl, now a woman, scoop the baby up and cradle her child close, just as she did with that precious rose. The boy, who has grown into a handsome man, presses his lips to the silken thatch of hair on the baby’s head. The music video draws to a close, zooming in on a dried rose that holds the memory of a perfect day spent on an old gingham blanket.

© 2012 WhimsicalAutomatonophobicHippopotamus


Author's Note

WhimsicalAutomatonophobicHippopotamus
This was another English assignment where we were asked to write out a description for a music video for the song "What A Wonderful Word" by Louis Armstrong.

My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is amazing writing. The imagery makes me feel like I'm in the music video myself. You are really good with progressing the story line. Great job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


WhimsicalAutomatonophobicHippopotamus

11 Years Ago

Thank you! I wasn't sure what to do at first, so I started with the picnic blanket. I was planning o.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
1 Review
Added on October 12, 2012
Last Updated on October 12, 2012
Tags: what a wonderful world, louis armstrong, screenplay

Author

WhimsicalAutomatonophobicHippopotamus
WhimsicalAutomatonophobicHippopotamus

Richmond, VA



About
I have loved to read and write ever since I was a twee (yes that is a word) infant. I have two rather maddening sisters, and infuriating parents that I love anyways. I only really write stories, somet.. more..

Writing