Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas

A Story by Adam
"

This is a late Christmas story. The idea literally came to me while I was sleeping. I added a couple details and here you go.

"
     December 24, 2013. 8:00pm
     My name is Olivia. My mommy made me go to bed extra early tonight so Santa Clause can come. Tomorrow is Christmas! I'm so excited because I asked for an art set and Mommy said she thinks Santa might have gotten it. I'm going to stay up all night.
     December 25, 2013. 12:24am
     I'm not sure why I woke up that night. Maybe it was the excitement of Christmas. Maybe I had to use the bathroom. Maybe I was thirsty. Whatever it was, I forgot all about it when I looked outside my bedroom window and saw Santa Clause! He couldn't see me because I was on the second floor so I opened my window and called,"Santa! It's me Olivia! Can you hear me? Where's your reindeer?" Santa looked up at me and smiled a yellow, crooked smile. He must have bad teeth because of all the cookies he eats. He started to climb up to my window when my mommy came in.
     "What are you doing up, young lady? Santa won't come if you stay up all night.", she chided.
     "No, it's okay, he just got here. Look, down there. He's climbing up to see me.", I responded. Mommy looked out my window and had a horrified look on her face.
     "That's not Santa, come on, we have to call for help.", Mommy said. She closed the window and locked it as she pulled me out of the room. She got her cellphone and ran to the basement. We locked the door and kept the light off. I was scared because of the dark, but she said it will be okay and we have to stay still and quiet. She called 911 and I could hear the conversation.
     "Merry Christmas. What's your emergency?", she asked.
     "A man is outside dressed as Santa Clause. Please send help.", she pleaded.
     "Ok, what is your adress?", the lady asked.
     "It's-", she was interrupted by the phone going off. She always did forget to charge her phone. I was scared now. She was shaking and she was very upset. We heard glass breaking followed by a large thump. We moved under the stairs just in case he came down there. I heard Santa walking all through the house. He was probably setting the presents around the Christmas tree. I guess we were hiding so Santa wouldn't know we were staying up this late. The only problem was he already saw Mommy and I. The door to the basement shook but the lock remained untouched. You need a key and my mom had it with her. It sounded like he left. The backdoor opened and closed. 
     "Can we go back upstairs now?", I prodded.
     "Hold on, let me look.", she whispered.
She crept over to the window near the ceiling that overlooked the backyard. After peeking outside for a second, she ran back over to me and hid in the shadows. 
     "What did you see?"
     "I saw one of the cookies we left for Santa right in front of the window. It had a bite in it. It also had a note beside it. The note said,"Merry Christmas to you two in the basement. I couldn't seem to open your basement door, but I'll be back with an ax to cut the door down and a knife. Oh, and to answer the little girl's question, my one reindeer is in the kitchen right by the basement door. If you try to leave before I can return, my reindeer will be glad to entertain you."
The End

     

© 2014 Adam


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
Added on January 12, 2014
Last Updated on January 13, 2014
Tags: Christmas, drama, santa, clause, evil, house, invasion

Author

Adam
Adam

Dunbar, WV



About
I love to read and hope to be an animator one day and write my own script. My favorite author says "To be a writer, you must be a reader."-Rick Riordan. Well since I read fast, I hope I write well... more..

Writing
Animal Shelter Animal Shelter

A Story by Adam


Head Start Head Start

A Story by Adam