I mean, we could've surrendered

I mean, we could've surrendered

A Story by Tom Cook
"

A 233 word, one sentence, flash fiction piece.

"

                Had it not been for that m**********r Harlin--the same irresponsible cooze who forgot to disable the alarm--we wouldn't be staring down the barrels of fifty armed cops who would love nothing more than to pepper us with small rounds fire--and trust me, friend, we have done everything in this city to deserve a good shooting--so I think it's best to keep all pleasantries aside and just shoot our way out, maybe grab a hostage from the bank lobby and load up our assault rifles and handguns and submachine guns, and strap on our kevlar and ski-masks and just run out balls blazing--I'm sure a bank teller or a fat security guard would soak up a lot of bullets like a big blubbery bullet sponge--Harlin won't even wait though, he's already grabbed some guy in a suit and tie--Armani I think--and is dashing out the double doors blasting away at the cops with his hand-cannon--he said something along the lines of "forgive me" before he went out--Harlin and hostage's body do a little one two dance step as they're riddled with bullets, I turn to the others and tell them to load up--moment of truth I think, but if you're going to die young ya' better die hard--No more running, we go down guns blazing as we race out the front door. 

© 2012 Tom Cook


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is cool! It is an actual story, not a poem or musing. It's awesome that you got an entire story into 233.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

335 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 1, 2012
Last Updated on June 1, 2012
Tags: flash fiction, flash, fiction, two, hundred, word, one sentence, one, sentence, robbers, guns, shooting, Harlin, die, motherfucker, piece

Author

Tom Cook
Tom Cook

Cape Girardeau, MO



About
My fiction has been published in the World of Myth, my body in Play-girl. I'm an editor for Wednesday Night Writes, please send me your stories, flash fiction, and poetry, I want you to know the wa.. more..

Writing
One One

A Chapter by Tom Cook


Two Two

A Chapter by Tom Cook


Three Three

A Chapter by Tom Cook