Worst Interview Ever...Period

Worst Interview Ever...Period

A Story by B.A.R.
"

Need I say more...

"

I had recently moved to a new town and said, "Let the job hunt begin!" And so it did. I ended up applying for a mail clerk job at a prison. I know, I know... What was I thinking to begin with, but the pay was decent, it was full-time, and had a very good chance for a lot of overtime.

My interview was at 11 am sharp, and I pride myself for being punctual. The job was in the next town over, so I left thirty minutes before my interview time. I got to the prison, walked up to the gate, and pushed the button to be let in. I was doing very well, for I had fifteen minutes to kill. Well... it took about ten minutes to even get through the first two gates. The security guard looked at me funny (because I was dressed professional) and asked why I was there. I said that I was here for an interview for the mail clerk position. Another crazy look... "We aren't interviewing for any job right now. You want the other prison a mile down the road."

Other prison???!!! What town needs two? And I'm talking about two very, very large prisons in a very, very small town. I slumped through the ten minutes to get out the gates again and drove to the other prison. Needless to say I was very late and didn't get that job.

© 2011 B.A.R.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It took ten minutes to get through security before they even asked why you were there? That would definitely stink! I hope the actual interview went okay, even if you didn't get the job.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
1 Review
Added on April 7, 2011
Last Updated on April 7, 2011

Author

B.A.R.
B.A.R.

TN



About
I am 22 and like to dabble in writing when the fancy strikes, which is at very random moments. I am married and am working toward my Bachelors in Management. more..

Writing
None yet None yet

A Poem by B.A.R.


Lovers Lovers

A Poem by B.A.R.