Pros and Cons of Various Shower Caddies

Pros and Cons of Various Shower Caddies

A Story by Lawrence Barnett
"

You may find things messed up around the shower area when more people are using the bathroom. A shower caddy brings the best solution to this. The shower caddy would contain all your shower items

"

You might have organized your bathroom with a vast cupboard to set all your bathing accessories like soap, conditioners, shampoo, lotions, etc. Though this is a good choice, this may not be the convenient choice as every time you enter your shower cabin you will have to keep all the shower essentials around the tub and keep them back in the cupboard.




You may find things messed up around the shower area when more people are using the bathroom. A shower caddy stand brings the best solution to this. The shower caddy would contain all your shower items in the shower area itself. You can hang this unit over the shower head, hang it from the wall, or choose to place it in a corner depending upon the design that you choose to buy.


Let us become more familiar with the various designs of shower caddy in the market.


Designs and Decors

As we discussed earlier, according to the fixture of the caddy, the models vary such as; the hanging shower caddy, the corner shower caddy, and the over the door shower caddy. Let us talk over about some of the features of each model.


Hanging Shower Caddy

As the name implies, these caddies can be hung either from your showerhead or the wall with the help of suction cups.


Pros

The convenience of access during bathing and the ease of keeping back.

Storage of all bath supplies in a single place without occupying bathroom space.


Cons

The caddy may add weight to your shower head causing damage especially when heavy bottles are placed in it.

The strain on the suction cups and therefore the suction cup gives up holding.

You may get hurt, or it may come on your way when you are bathing.


Corner Shower Caddy

There are three types of corner shower caddies; the one that can be fixed to the wall by drilling holes; the one that comes as a unit that can just be placed in the corner of your shower area; and the ones that are supported by huge tension poles.


Pros

It is one of the best choices of caddies to accommodate maximum shower accessories.

Any make of a corner shower caddy can have up to 4 or 5 baskets and looks very appealing.

The adjustable racks that are offered come very handily when you have to fit the different type of toiletries.

This can bear more weight and are sturdier and less risky than any other model of the shower caddy.


Cons

You will not find any disadvantage in this model as it provides all the essential features. Probably, a corner caddy that is not supported by the wall could have the slightest disadvantage of tripping and falling due to overweight or when you accidentally push it.


Over the Door Shower Caddy

This model is almost similar to the hanging caddy in the fact that this hangs over the door of your shower supported by suction cups for extra strength.


Pros

Hanging the caddy over the shower door makes it convenient to reach out to the items during shower and keeps them away from little kids who are naughty. These are also offered in all kind of materials such as plastic, iron, stainless steel, chrome, bronze, bamboo, etc. There is a special model of over the door caddy, which can also be used as a hanging caddy by hanging it upside down and by reversing the adjustable racks.


Cons

Just like the hanging caddies, this over the door shower caddy also might have the risk of falling if not fixed correctly or if the suction cups lose their function.


Having got an idea about the pros and cons of various designs, you ought to decide the best design that suits your needs and that matches the interior of your bathroom.

© 2018 Lawrence Barnett


Author's Note

Lawrence Barnett
Many people have small bathrooms, making the most of space is especially important for them. Many people are attracted to having a bathtub and vanity so that corner shower caddy stand can make outstanding features in a small bathroom.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

340 Views
Added on April 23, 2018
Last Updated on April 23, 2018
Tags: shower items, shower caddy, bathroom accessories

Author

Lawrence Barnett
Lawrence Barnett

Birmingham, AL



About
My name is Lawrence Barnett. Love to be outdoors, cars and motorcycles are life. Watching movies, and driving around town and so more place. I also love reading and writing. more..

Writing