On some days

On some days

A Poem by Pollai
"

For all my crafty writers

"
On some days we are authors
Masterful with words
Penman, pen-woman
Extraordinaire
 
We breathe life to prose
Writings act just to script,
Chapters of our addiction
Their choice of fiction

On some days we are poets
Manipulators of flow
Complex souls
Endlessly deep
 
We give birth to verses free
And spring beautiful haiku's
We trap you in our stanza's
Serenade you with a senryu
 
Then 
On some days
We
Write

© 2013 Pollai


Author's Note

Pollai
Brought to you by sleepless nights.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This freaked me out. As I read each stanza I nodded, yes, that is correct, and yes I can understand that, and as I continued nodding and thinking I can to the last stanza. Hah! I am still laughing. Love it, absolutely love it. You do know how to take your readers on a little mind trip, that is a given. Enjoyed!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pollai

10 Years Ago

Thank you! I was going for that a bit :P glad to hear it worked. :)



Reviews

Your words are so true! There are days we are brilliant...when the imagery and metaphors seem to dance to a tune we play. Then there are days we put words on a page, but they are unimpressive...even to us. I liked this a lot. It's true, when Morpheus is not kind, writing seems to be the best pasttime and sometimes, if you are lucky, you write a good one like this! :) Lydi**

Posted 10 Years Ago


How very true, Pollai. I was up until after one scripting one bad poem last night, which I will post soon.

I enjoyed your poem very much. It says a lot about our craft in a very clever way. Sometimes, for me, it is more like: "Then/On some days/We/Write/And on others/We Don't" My job keeps getting in the way of the more important things in life. What a bummer! Write on, Pollai, you are a very talented poet.

Posted 10 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
P...liked this one. Thanx...bobc

Posted 10 Years Ago


On some days... There is just blank where the words go. Then on some, the characters in my head won't shut up. Spinning their plots and demanding to be written down. They won't let me eat (but to grab something quick and shove it in my mouth), they won't let me sleep. They have too much they feel they need to say.
I have a love/hate relationship with this way of writing of mine. While easy to write down as they unfold their story to me, it becomes too demanding and all consuming as well. Making it hard to function as one does on normal days.
I enjoyed this one. You did a wonderful job in the wording alone.
Excellent piece. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


"Then on some days we write" - One of my favourites ! :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


We give birth to verses free
And spring beautiful haiku's
We trap you in our stanza's
Serenade you with a senryu

Love these lines here, this is amazing,
it intrigued me. Like this a lot : )

Posted 10 Years Ago


Pollai

10 Years Ago

Thank you glad this caught your attention :)
i really appreciate this...when we really try too hard to do it...to make a certain kind of writing happen, that is one thing...but on other days when it comes naturally...yes, that is when the real writing from the gut happens...and if it happens often enough...we are poets, or short story writers or novelists.


it seems there are those who write...but there are those who are writers..and there is a diference.

nicely brought to light here.
jacob

Posted 10 Years Ago


Pollai

10 Years Ago

Thank you Jacob, I have strong desire to be among the latter. I only hope to continue improving and .. read more
jacob erin-cilberto

10 Years Ago

i think you are among the latter, without doubt.
Yes! On some days we write.... Ha! For me it is...On most days I write. Angi~

Posted 10 Years Ago


Pollai

10 Years Ago

Thank you Angi, on most days I try to write :P
This is amazing, one of my favorite so far! Flawless.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Pollai

10 Years Ago

Thank you Inda :)
The life of a writer indeed... I love the way that you have broken apart the different levels of creation; from prose to poetry, and then finally the ending. I think the key here is that we "always write"; what becomes of our writing is what remainst to be seen, but as writers we write constantly, if not in pen, then inside of our own minds. Thought provoking.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Pollai

10 Years Ago

Thank you Sarah. If it's in you, then as a writer it's true you can never stop. Whether you think ve.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

879 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 17, 2013
Last Updated on June 17, 2013
Tags: Humor, Satire, Fun, Writers, Sleepless, Funny, Authors, Prose, Script, Stories
Previous Versions

Author

Pollai
Pollai

Canada



About
Casually write things as a fun release or pass-time. I wanted to try and add a bit of creativity to daily life and realized why not join a community of creative writers. Cheers! more..

Writing
Bro Bro

A Screenplay by Pollai


Tap to Like Tap to Like

A Screenplay by Pollai



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


dear mom dear mom

A Poem by quinfinn