Bro

Bro

A Screenplay by Pollai
"

A bro-mance like none other!

"

*Looking for feedback on both writing and the short film. Tell me what you think :)


BRO


Scene 1

INT. COZY LOOKING LIVING ROOM. DAY


Ali and Jay are setting up for a LAN game


ALI: I have a buddy who’s going to play too, this guy’s pretty good. He’s sort of my bro


JAY: Yeah me too, I asked my friend to join in too. This guy’s my bro.


ALI: What’s his name?


JAY: He plays by the BigChub


ALI: The…the BigChub?


JAY: Yeah, BigChub


ALI: No no no, he might be your boy; but he’s my bro.


JAY: Look, you’re frustrating me right now. You’re delusional. I get it. You have a lot going on in life and you, you are just looking to form a bond and you’re trying to form that with the big chub.


ALI: Okay, so we’ll let him decide who his real bro is.


JAY: I guess we will then.


BOTH GETS UP TO LEAVE THE ROOM

Scene 2


CUT SCENE AS ALI IS WALKING AWAY

INT. BATHROOM SETTING, MIRROR IN VIEW 


Will is washing hands as Jay emerges from the stall, see Jay’s reflection in the mirror.


WILL: Jay! How’s it going, bud? Funny running into you here.


JAY: (Chuckles) No man, not at all; not at all. I mean being bro’s, we can run into each other wherever. But, you know what, I just wanted to tell you: you were impressive in there.


Will shakes the water off his hands and grabs a paper towel.


WILL: In where?


JAY: In there…you know what I mean. It seemed like you were calm and pretty collected. 


WILL: Thank you? You’re an interesting guy, bro(smiles).  


(Pan and zoom to Jay’s face)


JAY: (Satisfactory smile)


Phone ringing (insert a funny tune)


WILL: I think your phone is going off. That’s you, isn’t it?


JAY: I don’t have time right now, I’ll talk to her after. This is important.


Jay cancels the call from girlfriend and turns back to focus on Will.


WILL: You have to go? It’s totally fine. I mean we are in a washroom anyway. As majestic as it is, we all have to leave some time.


JAY: (Awkward fist bump with Will) Yeah I’ll catch you later.


WILL LEAVES THE WASHROOM

Scene 3


Will is leaving the bathroom, but Ali catches him in the hallway


ALI: Heyyyyy Buddyyy (a little scary) How’s it going? Bro…my brethren? Mon frère?


WILL: (Will stops and turns to Ali) Whoa, what did you say? I’m your what?


ALI: Look, I just think it’s time. We’ve known each other for a couple of months now. I’ve seen you give me those looks. (Ali looks down and smirks. Will looks more shock and takes a step back, holding in the laugh.) Yeah we stay up all night playing league. I mean you’ve liked pretty much all my Instagram pictures. I think we can move this further, right…bro?


WILL: Haha, what are you on? You’re right, we had fun. I’ll give you a shout though, I have a class to go to. I’ll see you around.


(Will and Ali High5 awkwardly)


ALI: (Smiles to himself and nods head) Yes!


Scene 4


EXT. OUTSIDE, ALLEY MORNING TIME


Jay waiting in the alley, enter Ali looking upset to see him


JAY: You!


ALI: ME! I mean you! What do you want?


JAY: Nothing, I came to meet my NEW best friend, Will.


Jay and Ali start moving towards each other


ALI: You mean MY bro!


Ali and Jay come to each other and circle


ZOOM IN ON THEIR EYES LOCKING HEAR WESTERN MUSIC, THEN BREAK


JAY: Oh man did you forget to brush this morning? Your breath smells like kitty litter!


ALI: Did you wash your face this morning... its so soft..


Enter Will with Jenn next to him


WILL: What are you both doing here? In this empty hallway?


ALI: You made it!


WILL: You called me here, you both di; To an alley. What’s going on?!


Both Ali and Jay look around, a bit shy to say it


WILL: Wait, I think I know what this is. Listen guys, you’re both great, and we could all be bros, but I already have a BFF and her names Jenn. I’ll catch you guys some other time alright bud?


Both look sad as Will leaves, but both Ali and Jay look away and think “bud”, then look to each other and camera zooms in. 


ALI AND JAY: Jenn!


END SCENE

© 2014 Pollai


Author's Note

Pollai

My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Reviews

nicely done. I agree this does have comic potential.

Posted 9 Years Ago


This definitely has comedic potential, there were times where the dialogue could've taken us to much funnier terrain. For instance, the conversation in the bathroom, definitely awkward as it should've been but even more awkward and funny would be to have them talking at the urinals with Jay being in his personal space.

Another example, Ali running into big chub in the hallway. The conversation seemed to take a turn as Ali came off a bit gay which could've been extremely funny but instead it settles for something else. Still kind of funny because it's awkward, but going into topics that one doesn't mean to go into could've been a lot more funnier.

I think a lot of jokes are there, you just have to explore it a bit more. Good luck.

Posted 9 Years Ago


'end act'
NOT 'end scene'
got to teach YOU kids
everything
HAI!!!

finish the whole thing
then YOU may validate
to kohlrabi theater
HAI!!!!!!!!!!!! moreso

Posted 10 Years Ago


Pollai

10 Years Ago

You must teach me more about this "kohlrabi"
Mike Emil

10 Years Ago

YOU need much teaching
kohlrabi theater is NOT learned
it is a place, a function
Y.. read more
Interesting concept.. not sure I understand the concept of a "bro" but I guess it is very important to college age kids.. the video is great... I love the stares ..great job with this

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pollai

10 Years Ago

Thank you :) I guess its something to signify someone who is moreso your "best friend"
very funny ... i think i am too out of touch being an old geezer ... college life was a loooooooooongggg time ago ... humor is at its best when we can laugh at ourselves ... i think you do a great job of that ... the film was very good ... your characters believable ... i think you should keep it up ... and you didn't need sex and violence to make it work .. nice job!
E.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Pollai

10 Years Ago

Haha, thank you!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

399 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 12, 2014
Last Updated on April 12, 2014
Tags: Brother, Comedy, Short Film, Funny, Romance, Obsession

Author

Pollai
Pollai

Canada



About
Casually write things as a fun release or pass-time. I wanted to try and add a bit of creativity to daily life and realized why not join a community of creative writers. Cheers! more..

Writing
Tap to Like Tap to Like

A Screenplay by Pollai


Avocado Avocado

A Poem by Pollai



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..