The Forsaken One, The Devoured One

The Forsaken One, The Devoured One

A Poem by BLBrown
"

An abstract poem about suffering from child abuse beginning at a very young age, and the inability, or desire, to forgive. This poem uses lots of imagery to convey strong emotions.

"

How do I forgive the sun for its stunning shining on an unkempt day full of screaming tirades?

How do I forgive the moon for its glorious glowing in the black sky while I strive to survive the night?

How do I forgive the stars for their grand glistening in the heavens while I seek only dim light in the dark?

How do I forgive the earth for its superior strength while I stumble along unseemly pathways?

How do I forgive the seas for their torrid tempests when they but ignore my own?

How do I forgive the fires that boldly burn spots of the world while I am seared ashen to my very core?

How do I forgive this life unto which I was born, with no chance to thrive, no chance to live?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Nay, I do not forgive, not the heavens, not the earth, not the seas, not the fires!  NOT HIM!

I am the forsaken one, the devoured one, the victim child, and, with all the power in my soul, I vow, never will I forgive!

© 2012 BLBrown


Author's Note

BLBrown
To err is human, to forgive divine. Well, who ever wrote that never met my father.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Your words, your style is beautiful, even though the subject matter is anything but.

Its mighty difficult to seperate the two, which makes it a hard piece to review.

I will just say, your writing is wonderful, and I look forward to reading more of your work.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow. This is amazing. The metaphors, the use of the earth and things that are supposed to help, guide us through, is exceptional. The pain, the horror, that lurks within the cover, this is intense. Wow.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I love your style and I love how this is written. Keep writing....

Posted 11 Years Ago


I really enjoyed this, i like the way you expressed the each thought.. Well done! ♥

Posted 12 Years Ago


Well expressed and heartbreaking.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Your words, your style is beautiful, even though the subject matter is anything but.

Its mighty difficult to seperate the two, which makes it a hard piece to review.

I will just say, your writing is wonderful, and I look forward to reading more of your work.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

226 Views
6 Reviews
Added on April 16, 2012
Last Updated on July 18, 2012
Tags: child abuse, children, nature, forgive, forgiveness

Author

BLBrown
BLBrown

VA



About
Hello, my name is Barbara. Writing is my calling in life. It took me awhile but I've finally answered. I will write anything, poetry, ditties, short stories, and am currently also working on a .. more..

Writing
Crescendo Crescendo

A Poem by BLBrown