I'd Give It Away

I'd Give It Away

A Poem by BLBrown
"

Poem about what I would with a million dollars.

"

If I had a million dollars, what would I do with it?


I’d give it away, to the lost refugees of The Congo, starved, no place to go, no place to call home.


I’d give it away, to the children of the world, Operation Smile, with facial deformities.


I’d give it away, to animal shelters, treating abused and strays, promoting life-long adoptions.


I’d give it away, to the Invisible Children of Uganda, sold as sex slaves, or murdered outright.


I’d give it away, to that shelter down the street where I never stop to help, avoiding the sight.


I’d give it away, to the soldiers and their families, Wounded Warriors, to rebuild what was lost.


I’d give it away, to education programs , helping our own children to have a better chance.


What would I do if I had a million dollars?  I’d give it away, every dime, without a second thought.


For there is nothing in the world that I need so much as they, so yes, I’d give it away.

© 2012 BLBrown


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

51 Views
Added on April 26, 2012
Last Updated on July 18, 2012

Author

BLBrown
BLBrown

VA



About
Hello, my name is Barbara. Writing is my calling in life. It took me awhile but I've finally answered. I will write anything, poetry, ditties, short stories, and am currently also working on a .. more..

Writing
Crescendo Crescendo

A Poem by BLBrown