So Goes the Rose

So Goes the Rose

A Poem by BLBrown

Tell me, my darling, is it possible that you have taken tea without a rose?

Ah, my dear, then you simply must view the lovely Tea Rose, sweet in colored repose.

T’is the rose of a stunning profile, long-stemmed it is, in single silhouette,

it is ideal for cutting and when you take tea, t’is this full rose thou’st won’t forget!

 

Or perhaps, my love, you would prefer the beautiful flowering Floribunda,

that versatile shrub of clustered blooms, puts on quite the show, oh indeed she does.

You just can’t walk by this flower without stopping, there to smell, to gaze in wonder,

most colorful of all roses, perfumed of Gods, it is thus majestic plunder!

 

Now let me tell you, sweet one, about Climbing Roses, which dress a garden nicely,

when trekking their way up a trellis, there are some in chaos and some precisely.

These vine-like flowers, make demand of the shining sun in the glory of day’s light,

and are known to go beyond, and smother sweet garden’s arch, to dizzying heights!

 

I’d like to introduce you now, my dear, to pure perfection, the Miniature Rose,

on scale of 6 inch stems, delicately formed, t’is smallest of rose garden’s clothes.

This flower surprises, in its hardy spray, and it never fails to captivate,

in continuous bloom, you’ll find yourself this tiny rose, to which you gravitate!

 

It seems that I now have your attention, and you are ready to learn of perhaps,

that of all the roses of the world, she in velvet wonder, is just that.

The grandest of all, Grandiflora, hybrid child of Tea and Floribunda,

is both tall and clustered in lovely blooms, she does set the flowering world abuzz!

 

But it matters not the many types of roses, their colors, textures, and posture,

for they are all magnificent in their own way, and as one make quite a mixture.

Such is their natural beauty, in all colors of the rainbow, they’re a divine sight,

T'is said of roses, dear love, you must stop and smell, giving yourself to pure delight.

 


©2012 Barbara Brown

All rights reserved

05/13/12

© 2012 BLBrown


Author's Note

BLBrown
Awards

- I Smell Her Sweet Perfume Contest 2nd Place

- The Leaves are Changing Contest 8th Place

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Ah, the rose is indeed a creation of pure delight, and you have truly given it proper homage with your words and ambition to present a delightful and interesting study for us - the reader! I don't think there is a rose I do not consider a masterpiece, including the black rose, and the rose of Barbara Allen from the ballad of the same name (one of my favorites). Do you know this ballad?

I thoroughly enjoy your piece and it shows how much you have put into it with so many bits of information! Well done my friend! No, magnificently done my friend!

Please keep writing as this - perhaps I shall get back to one of my historical pieces after this read "Rose and The Thistle" based on England and Scotland. You have inspired me!

Best Regards,
Sheila
...humm....what name shall you choose in the end! I note the "Rose Is Not A Rose" rendition!

O' Fair Rose!
How your perfection captivates me
View I regal garb of royalty
Climbing so high on my garden wall
You are the most beautiful of all! ....a quick write, but you have touched me with your words!

THANK YOU!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

absolutely delightful a great pleasure ......to read

Posted 11 Years Ago


This makes me want to go out, buy a rose and just stare at it for hours. The description of all those roses was beautiful, and it is true that they are all beautiful. The flow of it also was really nicely. The rhyme was quite subtle so it just let the run. Beautiful job.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ah, the rose is indeed a creation of pure delight, and you have truly given it proper homage with your words and ambition to present a delightful and interesting study for us - the reader! I don't think there is a rose I do not consider a masterpiece, including the black rose, and the rose of Barbara Allen from the ballad of the same name (one of my favorites). Do you know this ballad?

I thoroughly enjoy your piece and it shows how much you have put into it with so many bits of information! Well done my friend! No, magnificently done my friend!

Please keep writing as this - perhaps I shall get back to one of my historical pieces after this read "Rose and The Thistle" based on England and Scotland. You have inspired me!

Best Regards,
Sheila
...humm....what name shall you choose in the end! I note the "Rose Is Not A Rose" rendition!

O' Fair Rose!
How your perfection captivates me
View I regal garb of royalty
Climbing so high on my garden wall
You are the most beautiful of all! ....a quick write, but you have touched me with your words!

THANK YOU!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

180 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 15, 2012
Last Updated on July 17, 2012
Tags: rose, flower, beauty, nature

Author

BLBrown
BLBrown

VA



About
Hello, my name is Barbara. Writing is my calling in life. It took me awhile but I've finally answered. I will write anything, poetry, ditties, short stories, and am currently also working on a .. more..

Writing
Crescendo Crescendo

A Poem by BLBrown