Won't You Scream For Me?

Won't You Scream For Me?

A Poem by BLBrown

Won’t you laugh lightly from your eyes to distraction?


Won’t you speak forth our epic tale of boundless love?


Won’t you grasp my hands tightly in yours and warm them?


Won’t you wrap your arms around me bone crushing as I weep?


Won’t you whisper false promises and lost hopes in my ears?


Won’t you scream for me to awaken as you hold me?


Won’t you sweetly serenade me dead as I go?


Won’t you live on without me after I have gone?


Won’t you die someday and seek me where I await?


Won’t we be together, my love, once more and forever?



©2012 Barbara Brown

All rights reserved

05/15/12

© 2012 BLBrown


Author's Note

BLBrown
The hardest part of dying is letting go. I have an incurable disease and these are my feelings.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

And, I truly hope the answer for each question is an overwhelming, gigantic YES!!!!!
Some of your lines, though chilling, shake me to the core! "Won't you scream for me to awaken? Won't you serenade me dead as I go? These lines are ones which make me stand straight up, and shout", God, the answer has to be YES!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Amazing.. Beautiful! I love this!

Posted 11 Years Ago


this is breath taking but sad to I just pray that God will comfort You....

Posted 11 Years Ago


I don't know what to say but I know if you feel and know this, you have something special. Thankyou for sharing it

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The last line captures all the hope... "Won't we be together, my love, once more and forever?" Don't most of us believe there is SOMETHING beyond this physical existence? If you believe it to be heaven, or a spiritual entity, or an energy. We can hope that our presence lives on to meet with our loved ones once again.

To write these words takes great bravery to face the feelings over your disease and utter them aloud or on paper. To share them with all of us is an even greater courage in sharing an emotional rawness... truly a wonderful soul you have, Barbara.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I love the line "won't you die someday and seek me in a better place..." Our true hope in this life is that our loved ones, and us will all gather on the other side and love will continue-always. Beautiful, heartfelt poem!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


And, I truly hope the answer for each question is an overwhelming, gigantic YES!!!!!
Some of your lines, though chilling, shake me to the core! "Won't you scream for me to awaken? Won't you serenade me dead as I go? These lines are ones which make me stand straight up, and shout", God, the answer has to be YES!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 17, 2012
Last Updated on July 17, 2012

Author

BLBrown
BLBrown

VA



About
Hello, my name is Barbara. Writing is my calling in life. It took me awhile but I've finally answered. I will write anything, poetry, ditties, short stories, and am currently also working on a .. more..

Writing
Crescendo Crescendo

A Poem by BLBrown



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Path to Self Path to Self

A Poem by HulyaY