Uknown deadline

Uknown deadline

A Poem by beauitifulybroken
"

This is actually about my grandfather. He was taken to soon, by a cruel fate. These are the words I was never able to say to him.

"

The tears run dry though the night as I think about the past times I’ve thought about you, dreamt about you, you were so close but so far. I could touch you; feel your presence but I couldn’t reach the way I wanted to, like I wished to. Your to far gone, gone from my life, when I got that phone call that night. The call that determined the end of your life, I was shattered into pieces like a broken mirror when it hits the floor.  How can I go through this life thinking the way I do, feeling the way I feel when I never really got to know those things about you. I never got to feel that closeness, that friendship. You were gone before we met. But never to far from me, in my heart you will continue to be, even if it’s in pieces the ones that still remain are the ones with all the memoires of us, the hugs the kissed on the cheek the silly stories and the things we used to speak of to one another, the little conversations that I always seemed to look forward to, even though I didn’t try hard enough to keep in contact with you, I was to mixed up in my own drama, problems and world that I didn’t seem to notice that yours way passing you by at a cruel speed. If I had one day left that I could back to when you were here, I would call to spend the day with you.  Hug you lots, let you in.  and really get to know you were and how you have been for the years I’ve known you though I didn’t seem to care.

© 2016 beauitifulybroken


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
Added on May 12, 2016
Last Updated on May 12, 2016

Author

beauitifulybroken
beauitifulybroken

Canada



About
Inside there is a soul that is yearning to be heard,felt and seen. Letting my self express these thoughts and words help for that soul to feel a little less alone. more..

Writing