Mockingbird

Mockingbird

A Story by Jezicah
"

Short story collection. I know the description sounds lame but I think the story would be far more interesting.

"

Twisted

Part One

Her tiny hand held my fingers. She stared at me. It’s like she knew exactly who I was. My heart swollen with so much passion and love; it was at that very moment I knew I’d give my life for her.  She still had a hint of blood and tissue on her but to me she smelled so sweet and natural. When she opened her eyes, I couldn’t perceive how breathtaking she was. I named her Hope, because through everything that is all I had left.

When we found out I was pregnant with Hope, Alex couldn’t contain his excitement and me my fear. Two miscarriages and a stillbirth will do that to you. It also placed a dent on our marriage, but I prayed. I supplicated and poured my eyes out to God for this blessing. And he did. It pained me to know that, although this was a joyous time it was also clouded with sorrow. “Oh Alex, I wish you were here to see our baby girl.” He would have been so happy to know that our baby was okay. She made cooing sounds and we gazed at one another, “don’t worry honey, momma’s gonna take good care of you. I promise!”

As I sat on the rocking chair near the window, the view outside was lovely. The trees blew, the birds sang, and the garden outside blossomed. I sang to her. This moment was all I’ve been waiting for. A knock on the door pulled me out of my trance.

“Hi Beatrice, how are you today?”

 I ignored her. She’s not going to ruin my day with her foolishness again. But the b***h wouldn’t shut up. “Beatrice it’s time for lunch and you need to take your medication.”

“I’m not hungry thank you.”

“I understand but you have to eat”

I gave her the coldest gaze I could muster, “can’t you see I’m busy with my child! D****t give me some privacy!”

“You’re getting angry again, remember what we discussed. You have to�"“

“GET OUT!” I Shouted. Hope started felt the tension and started crying. “You see what you did!” she simply glanced at my hands and shook her head.  I stood and rocked Hope from side to side in an attempt to silence her but it only made her scream. “Oh baby girl please stop. Mommy’s here.” I heard her sigh and it only added to my frustration. “I said to GET. OUT. NOW! Your presence is upsetting me and my child. Have some respect and leave.”

“You know I can’t leave until you’ve eaten and taken your medication.”

Anger so hot burned through my chest. I started screaming and spewing venomous words towards her and she simply stood there. Were those tears in her eyes? Good! Probably struck a chord in that hateful b***h’s heart.

“I swear to god if you don’t leave I’ll kill you!”

I turned my back gazed through the window and sang to Hope. “Hush little baby don’t say a word, momma’s gonna buy you a mocking bird and if that mocking bird don’t sing, momma’s gonna buy you a diamond ring.” I looked down at her and smile, her big brown eyes looked intently into mines.

That’s when I felt the shot of the cold metal piercing throw my skin. I looked back and saw the needle dangling from her finger. I launched myself onto her, only to fall face forward. “Please don’t take my baby away!You don’t have to do this” those were the last words that came from my mouth before darkness engulfed me. I drifted into slumber… 

Aisha placed her on the bed and existed the room and made her way to the kitchen to pour herself a glass of wine. At that very moment Alex was pouring something out himself. “Alex we can’t keep her here like this. She’s getting worse!”

It’s like he didn’t hear a word she said. He just said, “thank you Aisha, that’ll be all for today.”

“Alex did you hear what I just said. Your wife’s condition is worsening. She needs proper medication and attention! What the hell is wrong with you?” I shouted.

His icy blue eyes just stared at me. It made me tremble.  He walked towards me and I took a step back. There was nowhere else to go. His cold hands on my face, he grazed my cheeks with his knuckles. His expression cold, his eyes mirrors of dark holes. My heart raced, “go to bed darling. I’ll be there in a few. The next time you think to raise your voice at me, remember you only have two purposes here,” he forced me to look at him before finishing “you’re here to take care of my beloved wife and spread your legs for me. Don’t think for a minute that I won’t hurt you because I assure you I can and will if this episode happens again.” He left me there in the kitchen, puzzled and hurt. Tears trickle down my cheeks and I couldn’t help but ask myself, “How the f**k did I ended up in this mess!”

 

© 2017 Jezicah


Author's Note

Jezicah
excuse the language, what do you think of the story?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
Added on May 30, 2017
Last Updated on May 30, 2017
Tags: insanity, sex, deceit, love

Author

Jezicah
Jezicah

St. Maarten, Netherlands Antilles



About
I'm a young, vivacious woman. Aspiring writer/English teacher. I enjoying reading and of course writing. Most days I'm just lost in my imagination hoping to find the right story in my mind. I do hope .. more..