The Story of Us

The Story of Us

A Story by benjammingham
"

Moments I remember....ahhh...the good old days...The audience is for everyone although the genre is Teen...hopefully this will take you adult readers back to the day when you were in love...

"
     I had never noticed her. She wasn't someone who had stood out to me. I knew her as The Librarian's Assistant. But I had no idea she would become so much more to me. 
We first connected through our dads. My old man worked at Catalina; so did hers. I would put up with at least an hour every day of my dad droning on about this "wallflower" that I hardly knew. I found out later that she went to my school. However,at that time, I had been thoroughly obsessed with another girl, so I had no time whatsoever to hear about the girl who was "as cute as a bug's ear". Then, my 7th grade relationship fell apart (what a surprise). 
I hadn't moved on, but i got to thinking- hey, maybe that wallflower chick is kind of cute. And so, I began to strike up conversations with her. It started out as pure fun, just poking a little fun at her. She didn't give me a second glance. It wasn't until my eighth grade year that sparks flew. 
In the eighth grade I was transferred to tech help- give me a break, I'm Asian. But that moved me to the library, where I was free to be ensnared by the charm and witty banter of "her". She knew I existed now. We had always insulted each other in a playful way,but it wasn't until halfway through the schoolyear that I came to an odd realization- I had fallen for her.
She treated me like crap. My insults became less harsh and more of just weak attempts at verbal sparring. She however, was oblivious to me and my wimpy little feelings. One day, an idea was born. It was my baby that I raised up myself...until she became its mother. What had once been my own video project soon became OUR video project when she volunteered to help. Now I was nervous.
I'm not exactly a ladies'man, so after crashing and burning in 7th grade, I was afraid that I would soon be nose diving again. Luckily, she still didn't notice me. Before, I had taken every opportunity to come up with an excuse to talk to her. Now, I had a legitimate reason to talk to her every second of the day. 
Eventually, my scheme fell apart. I had been hiding behind a project to talk to her, and she soon discovered me. On one of the many late nights that we had, she guessed and called me out. Who am I to lie? Like any other middle school girl, she left me hanging. Literally, she left the chatroom for 15 minutes. However, when she came back, the girl of my dreams became the girl of my life. 
You may think that we're just kids, and that we don't understand life enough to come to grips with the fact that weprobably will not last through high school. But I DO understand life: She is my life. 
She is the best thing I could ever call mine.  We are fifteen but we never want to grow up as long as we're with each other. So, as I wrap up this love story, you'll hear us screaming long live because
We. Are. Infinite.

© 2012 benjammingham


Author's Note

benjammingham
This is for the Anything contest. finished at 10:37 so I know I cut it a bit close to the deadline... I ended with a bunch of Taylor Swift song titles and a line from The Perks of Being a Wallflower...so...yeah...cool.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This story really truly shows innocence in it's purest of form. I remember when I was in 8th grade I went down the same road with a boy. I met him the summer before 8th grade and we fell in love instantly. Things seemed to work out well for a pretty good amount of time. That was a story that ended in tragedy, but it's best you remember that not all of them do. There are people that do fall in love and stay together forever, but trust me when I say this life can and will kick you in the face. So you've got to get back up and kick it right back if you want to do things with your life.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Hey guys, Jules, another author (and the girl in this story), has a story like this one on her page, so go check it out. It's her POV...

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

206 Views
2 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 13, 2012
Last Updated on August 7, 2012
Tags: Teens, Love, Anything

Author

benjammingham
benjammingham

Clearwater, FL



About
Ok I will tell you some stuff....but dont go stalking me or anything....: My name is Ben I am Asian I am not from China I am from Vietnam I am fourteen and a freshman I love a girl I play piano.. more..

Writing
Next Next

A Story by benjammingham